Proffession ui / hiding older recipe's

Hi all,

I’d really like to be able to ‘‘hide’’ certain levels of my proffesions.
For example Legion level blacksmithing; I only have a few recipe’s and I don’t ever use them, so it would be nice if I didn’t have to keep minimizing it could just store them under hidden, like you can with currency and I believe rep too?

Either way, that would really make things more organised!

They’ve kinda-sorta-ish already implemented this with the Favorite-system right ?

I mean it works the other way around (whitelist vs blacklist), you mark the recipes you care about as Favorite and they show up on top, and the rest stays confined to the usual xpac-specific substructure below.

But yea in order to get exactly what you ask for, you’d need an add-on. I’m personally not aware of any existing add-on that does exactly this, but i wouldn’t be surprised if it existed, as it wouldn’t be hard to build.

It’s just annoying having to scroll through expansions worth of recipe’s when trying to level proffs, everytime you open your trade skill

Yea, i can imagine.

The “Has skill-up” filter in the top-right can be helpful in those situations i imagine, in case you missed it.

Personally, i don’t really touch my professions much in BfA, so aside from finding it annoying that it doesn’t remember categories being collapsed/expanded, i haven’t suffered much nor given it much thought.

You could have a look around for add-ons on
https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/professions

Skillet seems to have a lot of features at first glance for example:
https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/skillet

Thanks for the reply :slight_smile: I wanted to level classic (retail) black smithing as I can’t be bothered to pay 110k gold to get thunderfury.

All that is left to do is farm mats now

Ah yea, i didn’t think about the retail vs classic differences, no idea what the interface is like in Classic.

I did happen to notice that that Skillet addon has a classic version as well, but tbh i didn’t read the whole extensive list of features to see if your request is actually even in there.

Perhaps someone else has other recommendations, Good luck on Thunderfury anyway :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.