Propose changes to Fdk. spec is DEAD

i think both fit dk and frost well.
the stupid thing about change was having dualweild but 2h style/
But frost dual weilding is fast like winds of northrends going through your bones.
And 2h is like a Avalanche starts from something small and then its huge dmg.

Both styles fit,and both should be a option.

and balance issue of 2h being pure physical dmg and scaling less they shouldve just made killing machine oblitirates do frost dmg with a 2hand equal to your mastery %.
you got 30% mastery it would do 30% of its dmg on KM proc as frost dmg(which then is aslo increased extra due mastery increasing frost dmg).
60% mastery,60% of hit would be frost dmg.
Like if normal obltirate is 100k hit and crit 200k physical dmg(which then gets reduced by like 30% or so for armor bosses have)

with my suggestion youd have at 60% have 120k of the 200k dmg be frost dmg and then that frost dmg is again increased by your mastery so thats another 72k increase. so total would be 272k( 192k frost and 80k physical)
and being only killing machine procs would stop it from getting to ridicolous with constant crits.

Also could have mastery help increase rune regen which would help 2h alot as obltirate is 2runes vs 1 and runic power fro howling blast/froststrike.

If they can do something to make obltirate scale less badly compared to being focused purly on frost dmg from DW they should bring it back as that was always its issue with later gear it would fall behind and heavly relied on constant buff patches.

But both styles should stay a option.

1 Like

and then the standard question is once again applied, why not just play unholy, you would just get all this anyway without interfering with frosts balance.

Because neither unholy fantasy, theme nor gameplay appeal to me.

I wouldnā€™t demand that an elemental shaman to be able to use an arcanite reaper effectively so why would I ask for a frost dk to be able to?

you keep telling me you donā€™t want to play unholy and everything in the 2h arguements literally describes unholy dk, which argueably has better frost effects than the actual frost dk anyway.

Because elemental shamans are casters and should not use 2 handed axes.

2H Frost DK looks very cool which is one of many reasons I want it.

Do you not understand that some people just really like the look of it and would want it as a cosmetic? I donā€™t understand the arguments against it. I wouldnā€™t start arguing with you just because your favourite colour is Yellow would I? There are no solid arguments against other peoples personal opinions about cosmetics.

No. Stop being silly.

Literally all the death knights look the sameā€¦ The only difference is that frost cannot use any true unholy capabilities, namely the summonable pets to assist in combatā€¦ but unholy has access to the best parts of frost: the slowing effects and large strikes while hilariously also having the equivilent of the dual wield strikes via scourge strike.

in fact the only definitive appearances in frost are:

1. the dual wielding first and foremost.
  2. glacial advance which nobody uses since its critically underpowered compared to the other 2 talents on that tier, a shame really. (buff its main target damage already blizzard)
  3. the frost wyrms, which ironically is probably more of an unholy thing than a frost thing for the same reason we get no ghoul: undead minions are more an unholy thing.
  4. breath of sindragosa, which quite frankly alot of frost dkā€™s are sick of and also directly contradicts the 2-hand arguement anyway as its a mass of small hits.

I think one of the main problems with it being cosmetic is that then you have another spec in the 2hander loot pool as well which is purely for cosmetic purposes.

I personally prefer the Dual Wield of Frost DK since ICC when you could have them two axes that looked awesome on your back, and the play style for that matter. i think they need to rework frost as a whole and maybe even the class as a whole.

Want be like Thassarian. If 2H for FDk ,then dual 2H.

1. Do "Frost Strike" to spend runes (maybe just 1 rune to minimize downtime) to generate runic power, and "Obliterate" will make runic power spender. Powerfull runic power spender that use many runic power (50 or more for great damage).

2. Š”onsequently logically that ā€œRimeā€ will proc from ā€œFrost strikeā€. Now itā€™s unlogically with names, why ā€œRimeā€ procced from ā€œObliterateā€ but not from ā€œFrost Strikeā€-/

3. "Killing Machine", strong name with poop effect, that give us critical strike, just critical strike. Make "Killing Machine" proc to make "Obliterate" damage to frost damage. Instead of guaranteed crit strike.

4)Delete damage from ā€œFrost Feverā€, make just slow 15% for 8sec. Apply ā€œFrost Feverā€ from ''Frost Strike" and ā€œHowling Blastā€.

1. Buff ā€œRimeā€ from 300% to 900%.

2. Buff ā€œRune of Razoriceā€ damage. Change formula to 0.3*AttackPower with Mastery and Versatility %

6a) Stacks from ā€œRune of Razoriceā€ change from increase damage of Frost abilities to each stack increase by 10% damage of HB or OBLI. ā€œHBā€ or ā€œObliā€ consume all stacks.
Stacked on our character (not on target like now), 1 Stack every 2 autoattack. Stack 5 times. If rune on both weapons, then 1 stack every 1aa.

No they donā€™t.

Transmog, you can transmog a one hander and a offhand as a mage into a 2 handed staff. You can transmog a 2H staff into a one handed and a offhand. Hence why I said cosmetic.

My point was not that its not possible.

My point is that it would not be fair for both parties, the one wanting it for cosmetic purposes and both the person who is going to actually use the weapon for its intended purposes at that point in time (warriors, unholy/blood dkā€™s paladins).

The example you gave as a mage doesnā€™t have any grounds as a mage can use both currently for its intended purposes not for solely cosmetic.

I guess this works in the PUG and solo world due to personal loot but in progressive guilds and mythic raiding (9 times out of 10) you would be asked to give up your loot if someone can use it to better effect then you can. judging by your achievements and experience i assume you fall under the former which means the current system works perfectly for you but then again it would also look pretty silly seeing your character wield the a 2hander and attack with the speed of a dual wield spec.

And how exactly is this an issue? The one needing an upgrade gets it. If one is in a mythic guild then they take one for the team.

The scenario you proposed can be applied to all 2h wielders in the group. What if a ret wants the weapon for transmog and yet unholy/warrior/other ret needs it as an upgrade?

Itā€™s not an issue if your PUG/SOLO player like i said in my previous comment.

The scenario depends on the person but my point is if you are a DUAL wield class (my comment was in response to someone who mentioned it being a glyph/transmog possibility for frost DK) and wanting to have that new weapon for a transmog you are lowest on the priorty to obtain it, sure you can wait for farm runs to obtain the transmog but again you will be behind all offspec tanks and classes that can use the 2hander first as normally it goes:

BIS > Mainspec > Offspec > Transmog

Also if you only want to look like youā€™re wielding a 2hander and dont care about numbers/playstyle then why not just play Unholy/Blood?

dont get me wrong i understand the want for 2handed frost but mainly i see people saying this for the playstyle/numbers that used to be generated by that spec.

Personally, because the frost warrior obliterating stuff with 2h weapon to me is more awesome than unholy boy bursting pustules and being reliant on a pathetic, disposable minion or a vampire boy.

Sorry, iā€™m now confused as to why you brought up how is it a problem if its cosmeticā€¦

Your problem is with the class and how it doesnā€™t/canā€™t use 2 handed weapons instead of using it for cosmetic purposes.

If i was to say to you, OK you can have 2handers BUT ONLY cosmetically would you be happy? if the answer is no then why bring it up? Not trying to be like ā€œgot youā€ but it seems your against dual wield all together then.

Which i agree with you, i prefer using a 2 handed weapon for frost.

By all means tell me if iā€™m wrong with my assumption.

I believe the issue here is that, despite the lich connections, frost acts more akin to a norse berserker rather than a frosty sauron.
That would explain why its defenses were always so bad but also makes sense with the scourge vrykul connection.

1 Like

Obviously you would give the weapon to the one who needs it first, just like how you would give someone a a pair of shoulders who actually need it, instead of just giving it to someone who needs it for transmog.

Iā€™m sorry, what?

I really donā€™t do a lot of PVE, Iā€™m more of a PVP person. Only reason I would do PVE would be for OP trinkets for example.

Because Unholy and Blood is boring. I do care about numbers and playstyles. I only brought up cosmetics because it would be a simple version, but in reality I want a rework so you can choose what you want to use. 2 handed would be awesome for PvP if it worked just like how it did before.

Then why not just play a survival hunter which is now an almost 1:1 revival of 2h frost, heck it can even get a plaguehound making it effectively a better dk than frost is.

Oh so I am not the only one strugglingā€¦ I thought the enemies were finally scaled to be harder, but its just our class doing REALLY bad.

1 Like

no, itā€™s definetly you and the other folk in this post that are struggling. Frost performs fine but it can be hard to master it in certain situations. And when things donā€™t go the way ppl want them to go in an instant, they take to the forum and start crying.

the spec is fine, the player is bad

no, itā€™s definetly you and the other folk in this post that are struggling. Frost performs fine but it can be hard to master it in certain situations. And when things donā€™t go the way ppl want them to go in an instant, they take to the forum and start crying.
the spec is fine, the player is bad

You couldā€™ve just said that the class is hard to master without being so condescending :roll_eyes:

I am an old school DK who used to be in its prime back in the day on a hardcore pvp server who used to own a lot in WPVP.
But the class is very different now and I am trying to adjust to be awesome at it again. Just as you said "its hard to master"I only started playing this class few days ago after years if not touching it.

But nah im just crying :')

1 Like