Prot Paladin PVP Nerfs - 14th December

I’ve just been reading the nerfs to Protection Paladins in PVP and I’m feeling a bit ‘doom and gloom’ about it.

I know that there are a good deal of people who already frown upon Prot Paladins in PVP - but I’ve really been enjoying doing BGs as prot. Carrying the flag, protecting the team, defending bases, helping out with the healing etc.

But now I see that we’re going to be taking 10% increased damage from all sources, doing 30% less healing and having longer cooldowns on the signature defensive ability; Guardian of the Forgotten Queen (Which can literally just be CC’d when it’s cast)

I would love to learn what other Prot paladins think. Are we dead?

Here is the link for reference: Class Tuning Incoming -- 14 December

I think the intention behind ALL the class tunings are fair and good. DPS classes will heal themselves far less, so it’s okay if we tanks also lose some healing/survivability. I’ve been kiting 4-6 people for several minutes in BGs, and we paladins have been pretty strong healers in arena and BGs. Yes, its fun, but I understand why all non-tanks hate it. Lets see how strong these changes will really impact us, but I think we prot palas will still feels “strong”/“ok”, but surely not “dead” :slight_smile:

1 Like

it will be dead in arena becouse of the dampen and mortal wounds you wont be able to keep your mate up but guess it still ok in bg and world pvp

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.