Prot Pally mage tower

Have you completed it yet as prot? Any good tips to beat it? Also did you use your usual gear or did you go for older gear? And how much harder is it without farming gear especially for the challenge?

multiple people have done it already. I tried it on PTR and got 2 stacks on kruul on first attempt. Haven’t tried it yet because I’m doing easier specs first (aiming for 36/36 in first rotation)

is this ptr footage?

Yes completed as prot yesterday, get crusader enchant on heirloom weapon, and try to save as many of the light orbs as possible for kruul.You can delay annihilate with stun, blind too. Use prolonged potions- for 1min 39 str+drums on kruul. Also heirloom trinket that increaes dmg to demons by 10% with proc+have nice stats. Crusader enchant+ that Heirloom trinket only important things for it, crusader enchant procs 100str- so its realy big dmg booster. Gronntooth War Horn - Item - World of Warcraft (wowhead.com) This one.
Annihilates just start small cds first- ardent+sotr, 2nd one guardian+sotr, 3rd one bubble, 4th one bop yourself. With lot of orbs saved+delayed annihilations with Hoj+blind you have enought time to kill him.

1 Like

Completed it today. Had 27 pulls before doing it, but in total I have over 100 if I count my druid and DK, so I had a lot of practice on some basic mechanics even if they are slightly different between the tanks.

I started out just copying the recommended build in the guides, but eventually swapped from Crusader’s Judgment to First Avenger. First of all, on the run where I completed it I had over 40K overall healing from the absorb. It really adds up over the fight and it helped me keep my HP up while fighting Kruul. In addition to the absorb it really helps that the shield bounces to 4 extra targets instead of 2 because half my wipes was from 1-2 Nether Horrors just mashing away at Velen because I couldn’t aggro them all.

General strategy is hit Variss until 7-8 stacks before resetting. If you want to reset safely just stun him so you avoid him chasing after you when he is interrupted with Avenger’s Shield. Your stun resets really fast anyway so you’ll have it for 2/3 of his drain life casts. The rest can be interrupted normally with Rebuke, Avenger’s Shield or orbs. Use Judgment to kill eyes as they get onshotted.

Also get into the habit of spamming Blessed Hammer constantly on the move. Even if you don’t hit anything it adds up to a lot of holy power generation, which again reduces other CDs you have.

My overall dps was 900 and I killed Kruul just as I got my 5th annihilate stack. Fists of Justice is crucial to delay annihilate casts to reset forbearance. My CD usage for annihilates was:

1st: Nothing, just SotR and full HP
2nd: Ardent Defender
3rd: Ancient Kings
4th: BoP
5th: Bubble

Between 4th and 5th annihilate cast you need Hammer of Justice + 1 orb to space out the casts so your Forbearance debuff can reset.

For gear I didn’t really have anything super special, except a weapon with Crusader enchant. Most of my stuff was SL gear. For consumables I used SL flask, potion of prolonged power and bear tartare food (gives you sprint when killing mobs). I didn’t use augment runes or oils

Trinkets used was:

and

If you for any reason can’t use heirloom gear and want a fairly easy level 50 weapon to put crusader on, you can buy this one if you are honored with Argussian Reach:

What specs would you consider easy?
I know that fury warrior is pretty easy but not any other specs.

Wind walker is very easy, esp with crusader enchants to carry the healing (on heirlooms).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.