Protoform Synthesis Drop rates

Been farming for a Wind’s Infinite Call for about 4 hours, Killed easily 200+ Enhanced Avians and still no drops. Why are some of these mats so ridiculously rare?

3 Likes

It is no secret that I hate this new mount system. It’s all well and good saying people can just endlessly farm the motes but the other ingredients are often a nightmare to get.

Stick them on a vendor and be done with it. Then the mote farm monotony can continue and the rest is just something you buy.

1 Like

They heard the feedback that super low % drop mounts are not fun, so now we can craft them… with super low % drop materials !

Genius

5 Likes

Yeah, with sheer abundance of cosmic flux, you could stick all the unqiue mats on a vendor for like 3k each, so you can just buy the ones you want

1 Like

I’m been farming that one for a while. I have not seen it yet either.

because they need to make sure that there is RNG involved even in crafting mounts
RNG in blizzard is like salt and pepper.
they put it into every food in this case every game mechanic or feature they bring into the game :smiley:

This is the second time i’m farming for it, so I know that it can drop in the location I was farming (at least I hope it still can drop there) but last time it took like 45 mins.

I now have 15 of the mounts and, tbh, it’s taken less time to get the lattices and rare ingredients than it has to get the motes. But I’m lucky to find this no-brain farming relaxing, esp. as life is pretty full on for me rn, and I need a mindless activity to wind down at the end of the day.

The harsh reality is that this farming is the entirety of end-game content for casuals for the next 8 (?) months. Torghast sucks, the 9.0 mini-games are poor, Mage Tower is too hard, casual PvP (inc. warmode) is broken and I’m pretty sure most altoholics (which apparently I have become) are sick of running chars through 50-60 by now.

I reckon I have maybe a month left of gameplay in the current patch, then I’ll have all the mounts and pets I can be bothered to farm. After that it’s sayonara SL, and you will not be missed.

I hate it was a passion its actually forced me to give up mount collecting i rather camp rares like in Korthia then this new system i hate it.

1 Like

Have you seen how much do you need to farm Genesis Mote? 300-400 per craft!!! What kind of stupid joke is it? Full of crap in my bag and you cant craft anything because of stupid Genesis Mote.

U get 1k+ an hour in farm groups it’s not that of a big deal, more worried about raid meterials.

It must be bad to stop you mount collecting. Personally, I’ve got no interest in this new mount crafting system either

1 Like

Indeed, the genesis mote grind isn’t the issue. The issue is that the other materials are RNG. Either make something a deterministic grind or make it RNG like before. Don’t mix the two, they don’t go well together.

Yeah, I mean, I’ve basically finished everything to do in Zereth Mortis, including buying everything with the Cyphers currency… (only left is Exalted which I’ll get eventually by weeklies) And yet, I still could only craft ONE mount.

Sure I didn’t target anything special, but you’d think I get at least SOME progress by just playing the zone.

I’m sending all the mote and whatnot bullsh*t for a character, who is just hoards them endlessly, till my main can make something. Annoying in this form.

This is all I’ve managed:-

I didn’t even make the pets myself, I’ve been buying them off the AH but the pricing got steep pretty quick.

I hate this system with a passion. There is no joy in it, they have made it a pure grind.

2 Likes

U can target everything kinda easily just not raid and weekly chances stuff.

I’m not even sure why there’s any RNG involved in this system at all. The whole point was to give players a more deterministic system of obtaining mounts and pets, so these rare materials and schematics utterly kill the point.

Take for example the Enlightened paragon cache. It has a small chance to drop a mount schematic. How is that any better than just having the mount itself drop? And on top of that you also need to farm genesis motes and possibly some rare material to make it.

1 Like

I hate the mindless mote farm. Stand here for four hours and endlessly kill mobs. Wow much excite!

And as you point out the other ingredients are just a pain in the bottom. I’m missing one recipe, which ofc is an RNG chance.

I’ve just only just unlocked the creation of pets. Still find it unclear what to do and where to go. Same goes for the cypher research, I just learn some stuff but don’t know and care what it is about.

That is my overall experience this expansion. It contains so much content I’m not interested in. I steer away of systems that are meant to keep you playing for a small reward.

• Covenant systems: haven’t maxed out any (not the lack of anima, but the other thing you need (souls I believe).
  • Korthia research, never got passed rank 4
  • Cypher research, what is it even good for?
  • Protoform synthesis? All it says someone has put a lot of time in it.

I’d rather camp for some rare mob or going on that fishing quest for the squid mount.

1 Like