PSA: Cross Faction RP potion now affects emotes without Cross-RP

I dont know if anyone already shared this, aside from Reddit where I learned it.

But the Elixir of Tongues now affects emotes too, the only remaining purpose of Cross-RP now is TRP loading I believe.

8 Likes

If Cross-RP is an addon… then i would like to inform you that EoT also does that, atleast for me it did.

1 Like

Cross-RP is indeed an addon. It did what the potion does before it existed, Blizz introduced the potion as a fix to them breaking the addon.

And yeah I meant the potion does that now so the addon isnt needed for it anymore :smiley:

Just tested it. So finally Blizzard has introduced a way to properly x-fact RP. That’s awesome.

8 Likes

Great now, I can put more emotion in my racial slurs against those filthy elves

Hell, it’s about time.

5 Likes

Man this opens up so much potential in a expansion where X-faction RP basicly died and we’re forced to fight each other! D:<

1 Like

There’s still a decent bit of cross faction RP even if less that some other expansions. I know a fair few horde players have gone all renegade and are working with alliance RP’ers.

And then there’s Booty bay.

2 Likes

Does it affect /e emotes to? Or just normal ones? D:

Well, I suppose I shall have to look into it then; not that my Kaldorei are neutral… But my Druid could use some Kaldorei/Tauren Druid RP :stuck_out_tongue:

How bad is it?

1 Like

Normal ones always translated. The problem was just with custom ones via /e.

It does indeed work for all emotes

Its actually not that bad, people do seem to stick a fair bit to their select groups so it does get a bit isolated for lone RP’ers. But ive had a fair bit of success with walk-up RP as long as I take the initiative myself.

It still seems to have some slight goldshire-esque tendencies but ive barely noticed it really. It -appears- to be a minority.

Booty Bay has always given off a more sexualized odour than for instance Stormwind. I think, to be quite honest, that goes with the territory in what is essentially a haven for pirates and outlaws, run by goblins:
Coarser talk, less manners, the occasional prostitute RPer - though I’ve often found the latter to be immensely good RPers and against ERP. I’ve honestly never caught anyone looking ERPish in Booty Bay.

Also on-topic: So amazing! And with regards to Trp - log an alt of the other faction, run through the area and click people. Their profiles will save and you can now see them on the opposite faction as well.

5 Likes

Terrifc news.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.