PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Sadly, I think they’ll disperse to rival and new studios as “blizzard alumni” and have more or less the same careers, made to bravely endure some accurate, damning tweets the next time they’re part of a big launch, given effusive praise by Gamers who “never forgot”, thanking them for their service in the war against the essjays.

2 Likes

In America this is like saying “let workers murder their employers”.

To be fair, thats basicly human. I mean just look how short people’s memories are when politics mess up.

1 Like

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/10063-Patch-9-1-Starting-Gear-Armor-Sets

Cool if true. But we know what usually happens when cool things are datamined.

3 Likes

Nice and all (they should be made available), but I’d prefer some more variety. Gilnean starting gear is a good example. Soon all starting toons will look the same.

1 Like

I really liked the belf starting gear.

3 Likes

Got really annoyed that I couldn’t interchange them anymore.

1 Like

I’d be happy if they were the Exile’s Reach starting sets for example, since that’s basically a one size fits all approach while retaining the option of the individual racial zones/sets.

2 Likes

It’d be really sweet if all the datamined weapons and armour were released. I recall some sweet af looking warglaives etc.

6 Likes

imagine if warglaives weren’t locked to a weapon type aesthetic :drooling_face:

especially if they’re sentinel moonglaives . . .

6 Likes

Really wanted to use the darkshore warglaives on my warrior.

But… yeah… warglaive and warrior.

1 Like

I wanted to use them on my Hunter, and that’s even worse - every weapon should be a Hunter weapon, come on Blizz!!

Out of pettiness I made my DH use the Glyphed set and I found a head item that removed the blindfold or whatever, so I could roughly RP as a Sentinel with those moonglaives (never did though), only for… the head item to be fixed at some point.

:roll_eyes:

There’s hundreds, if not thousands, of (reskinned) models of gear and weapons in the gamefiles unobtainable for the players.

And then there’s dumb stuff like we have a HD Stormwind armor, give it a slight reskin (to red) and add it for Stromgarde soldiers, but noooo just reuse the old version.

:Grumble:

Edit:

Using:

https://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2021/august/plate1.jpg
https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/960015.jpg
https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/959999.jpg
You could make a pretty decent mercenary transmog, maybe my warr could step off the Bloodwake armor if those ever become available for Alliance/transmog

1 Like

The ripcord will be pulled.

3 Likes

Oh finally.

I may actually consider coming back then!

“We should have heeded community feedback and taken a different direction a year ago.”

laughs hysterically

4 Likes

They will pull the ripcord after we have already hit the ground.

The only reason they do it now is because they knew the whole time that this should have been implemented at launch, but they deliberately held off until they’re well into the expansion, just to try and recuperate some numbers.

As the first comment in the original post said, too little too late.

2 Likes

Void elves will recieve blonde hair kek

These are some really great changes, ideally ones that should’ve happened months ago but still. We’re getting:

• Covenants free to switch between + use cosmetics no matter your current covenant
  • Conduit Energy removed
  • Torghast Levelling + Threads of Fate changes
  • Maw Intro and Covenant Campaigns skippable
  • Legion Timewalking with M+ too
  • BFA Legacy Loot
    Also “Additionally, we saw your requests for having the Void Elf tentacle hairstyles to have a tentacle-free option. The team is looking into adding this customization option in 9.1.5 as well. Thanks again for all of your suggestions!” Pls replace them with braids!

Where’s the option to change or remove our eyebrows so we don’t awkwardly clip through every bloody headpiece

Better yet, let us toggle clipping on and off

Hope those that still play will enjoy these changes that should have been implemented years ago. For me it is too little too late. They’ll have to try harder to sway me.

2 Likes