PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Never stop posting on the forums Levey.

We need more existential horror and dread. I love it.

What a joke lmao

1 Like

I’m not sure what they’re hoping to achieve with this. Trying to take something away from people who want to use it will still use it. Making these as custom emotes is effectively as difficult as breathing manually.

Also highlighting they’re being removed is just going to make the performance monkeys use them more on people. Striesand Effect in faction.
Not to mention it smacks of “WE DID IT GUYS, WE STOPPED HARASSMENT.”

1 Like
  • Kick, stink, shake, and moan have been removed.
  • Developers’ note: Some of these emotes seem to have harmless intentions at a glance, but when used while targeting another player, their intentions can turn unexpectedly suggestive or intrusive. We’ve made adjustments to these emotes with negative connotations towards another player, while also adding a few new ones.

Really? That’s what’s suggestive or intrusive and not us committing genocide in a thousand different ways?

I won’t lose sleep over not getting spam farted at by OOCels while trying to RP

7 Likes

These changes in themselves don’t really bother me. I mean they seem entirely pointless considering how easily circumvented they are, and one might worry that Blizzard reaches the same conclusion.

“Writing custom emotes you say?”

That would mean removing the ability to write /em and /me and use macros.

But considering Blizzard seem set on immolating their game to the ground at pace…

you greatly inflate the room temp IQ of your typical oocel

3 Likes

Probably. I just hope whoever wields the smiting hammer in Irvine is of a similar mind as you.

Most moderation is done by algorithm these days, just look at the absolutely atrocious state of the forums.

Thoughts?

You won’t if I start going into the slow death of the self that is the cognitive decline we start experiencing as early as in our 30’s. It’s not the old age dementia but the transition away from the virile beast born to hunt and forage into the slowest of the pack that were culled past their prime.

Things start chipping away, everyday thoughts losing their diversity and so day by day the edifice of who you grew up to be begins to erode. The rich tapestry of experiences you appreciate is frayed but you don’t notice because it was always like that, wasn’t it? Thinking back, that’s surely it. It’s all you know and all you’ve known. You know what you like and you like what you know. And so your world shrinks.

hahahahah they replace gloves hahahahah what the hell blizzard hahaha

nightborne can’t catch a break LOL

I mean it looks good, but it seems like the glow is technically a glove?

Do the Nightborne with the glow wear gloves? Meaning the old NPCs.

I have no idea. In either event it’s a nice addition for NB characters, and literal magic hands seems superior to ratty old gloves anyway.

honestly no idea i haven’t memorized them, p sure a few do though.

Still wack to me that you have to choose between the two, but anything beats nothing.

I think vaguely glowing gloves in most cases would look a bit weird.
But yeah, beats nothing.

no more burping and farting…

the end of Dwarf RP. . . alas, that such evil times should be ours. . .

2 Likes

They don’t replace gloves, they just don’t overlap with them to turn into magic gloves. You can still see them glowing beneath fingerless or other such exposed gloves.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/595621429270020127/892903068079910922/unknown.png