PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 2)

The scene described in the placeholder text reads like an intentional recreation of Varian’s death on the Broken Shore. I’m hoping they actually let the main cast believe he’s been killed for a while instead of making him into a damsel in distress to rescue again.

he’s no stranger to being kidnapped and held captive by an evil purple woman with the body of a dead elf.

It’s oddly specific is it.

4 Likes

The sunwell manga is canon, it’s never been decanonized.
Not even the comics with Me’dan is fully non canon. They only said that Me’dan being the guardian is not canon, but still referenced a lot of other things from the comics.

Edit: Ah someone else already said it.

1 Like

That’s absurdly complicated. I wish they’d have a work unit, or even one dedicated employee, who was a lore master and also had the power to overrule story decisions.

3 Likes

Last I heard they got around 3 lore historians total for all the blizz franchises after they laid some off recently. Which is not a lot. Straight up impossible for 3 people to keep track on everything.

4 Likes

And they apparently aren’t even listened to.

1 Like

I’m sure some do, but the historians have no oversight into the dev process, and are only really on board when they’re straight up asked by devs about stuff, but even then devs are not beholden to follow anything the historians say so it’s more like guidelines.

Four times if you count Kiryn taking him captive in the Jade Forest.

Shademaster Kiryn says: You’re lucky I don’t kill you right now… you look delicious.

I think Anduin has a problem.

7 Likes

someone: Night El–

Arlissia: OncE aGaIN wE brInG iT baCk To NeLFpoSteRS

8 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9ojK9Q_ARE&t=0m40s

1 Like

That one was a bit, for what it’s worth.

Though I’d say there was a kernel of truth in the bit, considering how were night elves brought into the conversation out of nowhere in order to point out how night elf players and characters have it so much worse.

8 Likes

That too, though I was just poking fun. Even if it does feel a bit jarring to have someone sweeps in with “Akshully us Night Elves… :nerd_face:” In a thread meant to be for discussing spoilers and PTR content.

1 Like

Everything has a kernel of truth in it, as do nelfposters with their complaints. Fwiw - the last instances called out for nelfposting were also yknow, bits on their own.

But, as is tradition - seeing those large-scale HD buildings in TWW really means blood elves in Midnight are going to get actually large-and-not-claustrophobic buildings for them right after night elves got their HD village buildings! Classic Horde bias at it again!

(this is also a bit in case this needs to be said)

4 Likes

Maybe a bit ‘Hnyah, Ackshully-’ but it read more to me like “And Anduin/Humans get away with it. Again.” :joy:

(I don’t mind either way. I also seem to be a minority in that, overall, I like Anduin. Not apologising for the quality of some of his writing, but that comes under a wider ‘Will they PLEASE stop doing bad writing?!’ WoW problem heh)

3 Likes

It was all meant in abit of fun, I did not mean to start this whole “Nelf-posters at it again” thats now happening :frowning:

1 Like

Back to the topic of PTR. The hero talents for Monk are actually really really fun. The general changes to the class are giving me so much hope for the expac, considering just how good the changes on the Alpha for Monks are already.

The flavour for the Celestial themed talents are just :chefkiss:

1 Like

HE CAN’T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT!!!

1 Like

What’re the Brewmaster ones like? :open_mouth:

Brewmaster gets Shado-pan (Shared with Windwalker.) Which is martial arts focused and has a fat buff as the capstone.

The other one is the Master of Harmony (Shared with Mistweaver0. Which seems to mostly play around a passive healing and dmg storing effect.

1 Like