PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Starting to understand Croecell’s point of view.

I’m interested in seeing how the Horde or Alliance and races/cultures associated with them are represented in upcoming content.
I’m less interested in arguments about whether Horde good or Horde bad, or Alliance good or Alliance bad, or who did what war crimes, at least in this thread.

There’s a place for faction conflict discussions but I don’t think that this is it. Making a new thread for this sounds like a good idea, so that I don’t see 50 new posts in the PTR thread and think that some terribly exciting new lore was just unveiled, when it’s just the same old red-versus-blue debate.

7 Likes

Think it honestly might be worth just making a thread for it, at this point.

“The Septic Tank”, or something. The unfortunate alignment of Cataclysm Classic and Mists remix has caused me to see the “are Horde players actually fascists irl?” Bog-water take again.

2 Likes

This entire AU Draenor debate is pretty much pointless, becouse we simply don’t know enough about what truly happened there. We have only a POV of one side with very questionable past who even admits they aren’t that diffirent (the above ogre subgugation) and some pamflet from the other side. We can’t make objective judgment on who is wrong here becouse we simply don’t have enough info. The only way is for Blizzard to go there again and explain it deeply. Till then, it’s all pointless.

Look, as a gnome warlock, I just want to say:

Light = Right.

I would choose and trust Yrel and the Lightbound over any genocidal mag’har orc (or Horde).

70+ posts later.

Have ya’ll gone and made your own, on-topic thread yet? :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I don’t know how to link to other threads, but I gotchu fam.

I just ask the magic 8 ball.

Nvm, I found it. Folks, feel free to go here if you wish to discuss whether Red or Blue ( or Iron Red) is worse, let’s get PTR back on track.

4 Likes

I more mostly interested how sub-terreanian races like Gnomes and Goblin will interact with the Arathi expedition and and the Deep-Earthen!

The Earthen-(Dark Iron)Dwarf-(Mecha)Gnome relationship deserved to have some love in this, alas I doubt we will ever see it :frowning:

1 Like

So the Xal’atath character. . .biographic? Summary? Just dropped on Spanish Warcraft Twitter (why is it only the Spanish one posting these important character summaries?)

https://vxtwitter.com/Warcraft_ES/status/1795817406394188017

2 Likes

Ay, Dios mío.

2 Likes

Diplomacy didn’t fit the account-wide reputation system, so instead humans got a new racial: “Your Charge minions have +1 Attack”.

Well most of them are really bad so probably best they don’t put them out in anglo.

Do we have any Spanish-speakers who can translate it better than google?

Still more useful than Elly’s Enchanting buff.

Or dwarf’s archaeology…

Unrelated, new skimpy dress:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/336588653872807946/1245447160481189970/GOtvWDzXIAABp6a.png?ex=6658c88e&is=6657770e&hm=a7c0156a59281f7ff6e72a9c582e1c5269e2a4b3e2453aa5ec641e26ac5180bf&

If it comes in red/gold expect to see it on a lotta belf’s…

1 Like

That’s a grudging right there!

Earthern(?) Totem models up now

why birds though

2 Likes

I think its meant to be a Gryphon head, given the Earthern have a big thing going on with Gryphons but I do think it also looks very. . .Tauren. I was kind of expecting something a lot more…Titanic?

1 Like

I…don’t like that. I kinda had assumed the dwarf’s relationship with gryphons (Wildhammer, primarily) came from proximity, not because of some ancestral titanic affiliation with them.

Feels weird+backfilly.

(but also the totems do look too tauren)

6 Likes

I’m pretty sure in TWW you have a lot of those gryphon-like creatures at least, so you could reasonably say they have a relationship with those too.

(IDK if those gryphon-like creatures are actually just y’know, gryphons btw.)

1 Like

They are. They have an entire rookery in Dornogal/the upland and they play a big role in earthern culture and society, as well as just being their version of a [racial generic mount]. (Which makes it weird that its a preorder bonus but heyho)

1 Like