PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Yeah no that is straight up Highmountain.

1 Like

They uh. . .certainly have uncanny correlation

Although those uldaman books do say the Earthern here are ā€œdifferentā€ so far they have felt very, very Dwarven/Standard Earthern, the only real difference that you immediately notice is that theyā€™re American (unfortunate) and not Scottish/Irish, so I guess Odyn just heard them develop a different accent and he started going on a racist-grandpa rant when writing that book.

3 Likes

Honestly, when developing a visual identity itā€™s perfectly fine to be a bit on the nose.

They couldā€™ve just made their totems look like the heads of stone golems or some titanic construct.

1 Like

Personally would have each totem represent either Khazā€™goroth or Golganneth with a Titanic rune carved on them to symbolise that they do Titan Shamanism instead of Orc Shamanism.

2 Likes

Thatā€™d be dope.

1 Like

Is there a difference, though?

One goes zug zug, the other goes order go brrr.

2 Likes

We donā€™t really know the difference, but there does seem to be a very obvious difference. Titan shamanism is just built different and seems to be able to bend the fabric of reality (and thus the elements) without needing to do bargains/corruption like Shamans/Dark Shamans, they also seem to make extensive use of elemental runes.

Also someone has brought up these might be the totems for the totemic hero talent spec? Possibility I suppose.

1 Like

Void Elves Rogueā€™s, Priests and Warlocks are certainly blessed with gear sets that fit their heritage armor!

If this is true, it is oddly specific to (Wildhammer) Dwarf Shaman totems, while I feel that we already have an overabundance of Alliance-focused Hero talent trees.

I would rather have Totemic focus on Tauren or Orcs instead, alasā€¦

https://x.com/Warcraft/status/1795908033890926942 The ducks of TWW.

Iā€™d like a lot of those sets 100% more if I could get versions WITHOUT the stupid neon glows on them :pensive: Thereā€™s some actually good bits of gear there, and then they ruined itā€¦
(Yes, this is entirely subjective, I know)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GOxugtMXUAA_i4d?format=jpg&name=large

Apparently these are the actual Earthen totems - which makes a bit more sense design wise. They definitely look more appropriate to the Earthen.

So Iā€™d presume the bird ones are for something else.

3 Likes

Someone suggested they look much more like Tauren back-totems?

I need all 4 of them please.

Ohh I like those.

The birds look pretty similar to the icon from Totemic.
https://www.wowhead.com/beta/talent-calc/shaman/enhancement/totemic

Which I guess sucks for anyone who doesnā€™t have their shaman fit that aesthetic but I guess at least weā€™ve got one distinctly Horde-looking spec.

2 Likes

Isnā€™t that part of Warlock class set?

Not sure which class has it, but this is a non-class specific item separate from the class-locked version, so any clothie could nab it.

That is indeed the warlock class set