PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 3)

I have to agree with Atahalni on this one… Got me pretty hyped! Faerin looked pretty cool! the Throwback to old cinematics was cool aswell!

4 Likes

I do find it very funny that after they tried to portray Shadowlands as the “end of the story arc!” with DF being the start of the “new” story, TWW is like “actually this is the end of the story arc, for real this time”.

100% due to the shifting creative/narrative directors between Legion and TWW.

Afrasiabi bungled Sylvanas, Danuser poorly wrapped it up and tried to move past it, and now Metzen’s back he’s doing the post-Legion story he seems to have always planned for before he stepped down.

5 Likes

If only he knew of my crusade against the Zandalari back in Pandaria.

1 Like

And I am here for this. I hope TWW and the rest of the World Soul saga won’t dissapoint!

2 Likes

The only reason why Blizzard was portraying Shadowlands as “end of the 20 years long story arc” was because FF14 released an expansion that actually ended 10 years long story arc in late 2021. It was nothing more than an attempt at marketing ploy to keep people subbed to WoW in arguably the worst expansion the game has ever had while its main competitor was riding the high of cashing in on payoff of a decade of storytelling.

Now they´re actually doing a story whose seeds might have been set up as early as 5.2 when “the final Titan” is first mentioned, and later developed with Chronicle and Legion.

5 Likes

Yup. As an actual ‘Here’s the up-sell’ rather than a fairly low-energy narrative hook, it was definitely a trailer that resonated more, for me.

Between this and the Diablo IV trailer it was nice to see Blizzard’s cinematic team breaking out their guns to flex once again. It’d be really nice if they did a couple more cinematics over the course of the next few expansions, ala the Saurfang series.

… but this one was like 70% rehashes of old cinematics? Diablo 4 visually/artistically was top notch though.

I’d just hope they’d cook up a new model than Human and Orc male. I guess with Xal’atath we’re getting a Void Elf female model in HD. Oh well, if only Dragonflight did the same like we did in BfA, so we could’ve finally gotten a HD Night Elf on screen after Vanilla.

If they ever do it, considering the main character seems to be Xal’atath and then probably Blood Elves in Midnight, pretty please we’ll get Lor’themar and not the rest of Windrunners in HD.

2 Likes

Being an old god thingy stuffed into a high elf’s corpse, she’s as much a void elf as Alleria. Which is to say not at all. Completely different entities.

2 Likes

Eh, if we’re strictly talking nomenclature, she is a void elf in canon.

We agree that she operates on another level of power though, having snacked on a darkened Naaru etc.

3 Likes

And if we’re speaking physical corruption level, it’s non-existent with Alleria. No skin mutations, no tentacles, no other… issues. Which doesn’t make much sense with how much Void she consumed with the dark naaru and the amounts of it she operates as a norm.

https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/674585-zuraal-the-ascended.jpg

alleria should look like the elf version of this
maybe even ‘worse’ (I think ‘better’, but you know what I mean)

3 Likes

Would be pretty neat… But then again, those should’ve been the AR instead of… Void Elves!

1 Like

My impression is that without the Locus Walker to teach her, she would long since have gone the way of Lovecraftian horror. Personally I’m not ruling out that ultimately, she’ll have to sprout tentacles in order to put down Xal’atath for good… which opens up an entire new can of Void shenanigans to lead us into Midnight.

Worth noting is that Xally herself is an entity born of Void as far as we know, and her meat puppet hasn’t really changed all that much. Might be related to said puppet being a corpse though, who knows.

Even with him, we’ve seen sha-afflicted people of all kinds mutate from far lesser dosages. And the same goes about the cultists of N’Zoth that turned into K’thir in no time. Alleria doesn’t play by the common rules here, and if Xal’atath might be staying like this because she’s basically undead not unlike the dinosaurs reanimated back in Zuldazar, Alleria, being alive, must either hide it quite well by now or bloom into something truly interesting when the time comes.

She did, kinda, briefly, and it looked goofy as hell.

That’s more like they just colour filtered her. I wanna see mutations. Corruption.

3 Likes

New races just got leaked:

New races

This text will be hidden

4 Likes
New Race Feedback

Pandalari looks like it was made in Spore™

1 Like

A couple of tentacles to compare her to actual void elves.

5 Likes