PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 3)

It’s time for D.A.D. , Death knights Against Discrimination.

1 Like

Yes, you did.

Jokes on you I read the wowhead articles and death knights are included after all.

Murder’s back on the table.

3 Likes

Cool, I can do that on three characters then.

Gnome Warlock.
Gnome Death Knight.
Blood elf Warlock :smirk:

We’re so back!

But at what cost, Shadowtwili?

Excellent. It was growing a bit tiresome to see how frequently dark magic was being actively embraced/ignored despite there being very credible reasons to be wary of it.

3 Likes

It is tiresome to see this phrase constantly.

Are they also updating how standard arcane casts look for mages?

2 Likes

:frowning: was just joking

The cost is that our Deus Vult empire isn’t as deus vult as our nerth roleplayers would like, prolly

1 Like

They’re deus vult enough, considering that they casually call outsiders ‘heathens,’ even the ones who are actively helping them. There’s an air of condescension about them, or at least some of them.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GPxZgRmbwAA8G4J?format=png

I mean, that just sounds like typically elven behaviour (or half elven in this case?)

Also, doing one extra task has that pretty religious dude be like “ok, maybe you’re not that bad”.

:dracthyr_shrug:

Those 2 are dungeon bosses though.

Edit: Braunpyke senior is the Dungeon Boss, Theleon Braunpyke dies earlier in the questing and the Prioress who you see earlier - and then later, is also a dungeon boss.

Because one is slain in battle and later reanimated by the Light to serve a zealot, while the other is drawn down the path of extremism by the death of his brother, a death that he feels responsible for.

That dialogue comes from before either becomes a dungeon boss, and considering the tragic nature of how they become dungeon bosses and how they were both just proud holy warriors of the Arathi before the events of the quest chain, I don’t think it’s particularly relevant.

The point is, if someone wants to roleplay a more “deus vult” Arathi character or wants to see some “deus vult” representation among the Arathi, we’ve got evidence of that in the form of the Priory of the Sacred Flame lot, even if that bunch of Arathi are villainous and not good guys.

3 Likes

Depends on the setting and the specific elven culture in question. Saying that xenophobia is a typical elven trait is a gross oversimplification.

And even xenophobic elves tend to be that because of a sense of racial superiority (like Thingol) or old grudges (like Thranduil), not because of religious dogma.

I fel so seen.

5 Likes

Given the context, I’ll go out on a limb and say he means the elves of this here setting.
Warcraft.

2 Likes

https://i.imgur.com/olF2K26.png

Couple of new strings that are floating around on Discord. Ethereal raid for 11.1?

Isn’t there an Ethereal Boss in the next raid? Might be decals for its arena.

I’d expect decals like that to be named after the first raid regardless, or it’d be a little confusing. Unless other raids have had a mixture of naming conventions (for new assets only that is)?

E.g. I’d find it weird if Amirdrassil had new art assets from the fire-y wing (Volcoross - Larodar + Smolderon), but the naming wasn’t something like (example) AmirdrassilRaid_FireVolcano or whatever.

https://twitter.com/Skoll_Shorties/status/1803673800506061225

Turalyon is of the opinion that the armistice is “more fragile than most realise.” Interesting.

https://twitter.com/Portergauge/status/1803549246815347039

Looks like Volrath has been removed (likely due to the fact that he barks about how there will never be peace between the Horde and Alliance). A shame that he has been replaced by a mostly unmemorable Zandalari NPC.

However, that thread is full of pictures of various Alliance and Horde soldiers, of all sorts of different races dressed in the appropriate outfits and armour. They all look pretty fantastic, and it seems like the human presence here is Stromic rather than Stormwind, going by the red and steel colour scheme. That’s neat.

Also, there’s masses of important named character of both faction who show up. Maybe too many. It feels as though over half of the world’s military leaders have descended upon the Isle of Dorn, as if they’ve got nothing better to do back home.

1 Like

The robed version of that paladin set from WoD looks nice. I want it!

It may be between some parties, but hey, he’s still allowed to sip on Sunwell tea in Silvermoon with his son. I’m sure it’ll be fiiiine.