Public Crafting Order Idea

The number of public crafts per day is going down to 4 to spread the work a bit more evenly. I guess that could work, but if it turns out not to be the best solution, I just had an idea that might help too (in combination or separately):

When you haven’t done any crafting orders on a given day, you see all listed orders as soon as they are posted. After you do one, you only see orders that have been listed for 10 minutes. After completing two, it’s 20 minutes etc. guild or personal would of course not be affected.

Just got another idea too, but that one would take more development work:

Crafters could also list up to 5 different items they can create. The system would then show the customer the minimum quality of the craft (given the skills and gear of the crafter when the item was listed) and the crafter could set a minimum fee for the craft.

Listings would need to be refreshed every 12 (or 24) hours to be visible.

Put a CD bettwen 24h-72h on every craft that req Spark , kinda solve alot of problems

1 Like

Instead of limiting the number of crafts work out something to give the players an incentive to create public work orders. e.g. instead of “fullfil 3 per week” a “order 3 per week”.

Don’t know, in my opinion the issue isn’t with the amount of orders you can do, but the number of public orders that get created

The “fulfil 3 per week” is not even a problem to begin with as it can be very easily overcome by sending personal orders to yourself from another char, then selling the crafted items in AH (often with Profit too).

Your solution however will cause the public orders to be flooded with requests with 1silver commission for items that won’t give the crafter any skill point or first craft bonus (blue bracers for example).

Half the issue with public orders is you can put a lot of effort or gold into getting best mats, and can end up with low quality item. Should at least be able to specify up to quality level 4 (even if the system then charged more to list it)

been trying to find someone to place order as personal order for darkmoon deck box watcher, which you also have to get the base trinket for as part of materials, so its not an easy item to just get unless you throw a LOT of gold at it, just i cant find a crafter to make a quality 4/5 389/392 ilvl and wont risk public orders as people will just grab for skill points and ill get lower levels.
Trade channels are flooded with peopole selling boosts for RL money or gold (to sell for RL money or similar) so trying to use in game chat is pointless, its full of spam.

What was so wrong with people crafting and selling on AH? Why did they butcher it with this personal order mechanic?
The system is stupid, it fights against itself which is why so few are willing to risk using it for major crafts

1 Like

There are two trade channels

/2 Trade: This is for goods and crafts
/5 Trade (Services) : This is for boosts/etc

So by leaving the Trade (Services) channel, you will see the spam reduced by a lot. If you see someone advertising boosts in Trade (/2) channel then report them.

Furthermore, you can use an addon to filter out messages. I personally use Global Ignore List which has a nice spam filter.

It was very bad for the crafters. They put a ton of effort and spent a lot of gold to level up their professions, and then when they tried to sell in AH, the cost of the materials was more expensive than the cost of the crafted item.

The new system rewards players with crafting professions for their effort and gold spent.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.