<PVE> Havoc DH first row talent

Hello there,

every guide and simulation keeps telling me that Demonic appetite is the best talent for ST rotation. In reality, I do around 10k more DPS with Blind Fury on training dummy. In real encounters I can do 2 - 5k more DPS. It’s a bit tricky though, because my movement is stopped for longer period of time during Eyebeam.

Can anybody explain why should I play with Demonic appetite/why is it better?

P.S. I have Eyes of Rage trait and it was used during testing both on dummy and real encounters.

The combination of 1x eyes of rage, 3x furious gaze and ideally 1x chaotic transformation, means a massive haste increase. This scales really well with blade dance and the amount of souls that drop from spamming chaos strike. As this in turn reduces the cooldown of eye beam a lot (due to many souls dropping), this is a nice sync of traits and talents. Ideally you’d also pick the chaos nova talent, as it increase the amount of souls you can spawn due to lower CD and no cost.

I also use this build in M+ because of the increase of blade dance and eye beam casts.

Hey Linaori,

I’ve noticed that you seem quite informed about the DH class, and I would really appreciate your input. I’ve tried playing DA and blind fury builds but they just don’t flow the same for me, as I really enjoy having felblade. Could I trouble you to please take a look at my character and let me know what essence/Azerite changes I should make, if any? Additionally, would you be able to recommend an essence for the 4th slot once I unlock it? I’ve tried simming but I feel my real world performance differs, probably due to skill level.

This is my DH: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/nordrassil/resurgence

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I’m not sure what to do about felblade + demon blades. I really don’t like that build as it removes demon bite. I wish felblade was baseline, it’s a really cool skill.

Essence wise, I have no clue. Yesterday I simmed for 3 slots and despite the life force nerfs, it still simmed best. The new DPS essence was (even at R1) added as minor. I still went down roughly 3k dps in Patchwerk, even with the newest best combination, so it’s all unexplored terrain for me.

With your build, your best bet is to join the Demon Hunter Discord, this is where I’ve learned quite some about DH. You can find the class discords here: https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/16114-class-discord-channels/

As DA does not work with demon blades, this changes a thing or two in your traits as well. I’m not sure what the best combination will be in 8.3, though 3x furious gaze will probably still be the way to go.

Thank you so much for the prompt response. Didn’t know about the discord group. Will check it out now. :blush:

Your best bet, if you wanna play demon hunter at a decent level, is to learn and play with demonic appetite, get used to constantly moving so you collect souls (but always do your best not to overcap on fury) A couple of things here: the new essence from uldum accord has been hotfixed last night, the minor component won’t behave at rank 1 as a rank 3 anymore, which made it so powerful. Azerite traits used will be 3 x furious gaze, 1 x chaotic transformation, 1x eyes of rage and 1 x revolving blades.
As for essences, stuff is still being simmed and whatnot but what I’d say is a good start would be this: condensed life force major with crucible minor + visions of perfection minor + conflict and strife minor. Once you get your uldum rep essence at rank 3 (which apparently is really powerful) use that instead of conflict and strife minor.
That’s what I’ll go with in the new raid.
For m+, replace condensed life force with focusing iris.
Your stat priority is versatility + crit gear, we have plenty of haste from furious gaze traits and mastery doesn’t do wonders for us. As for weps, trying to farm the underrot fist for both main hand and offhand will be quite nice, probably corrupted weapons from raid will be better but I can’t say for sure yet.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.