PVE players "The Big Lie"

I have been playing this game for 10 whole years, In the early years when gear was different between pvp and pve players (versatility, resilience, etc) which were the primary stats chased specifically between pvp players, the game was quite balanced at least in terms of roles in game and more over there was a “cap” into gear which was efficient for a person with limited time who didnt want to have to spend unlimited days in PVE in order to PVP without the fear of becoming a one hit target by those who pursued the elite gear from raids and mythics. But as the game evolved and new expansions came out and PVE players, neglecting completely the fact that they had chose to be in a PVP server (while they could have chosed Non-PVP) nice and clear, they started complaining about getting ganked and that there is no much they can do against a pvp player (ofc if your skills are just about to kill NPC’s which follow the same pattern) and that the gear for all (PVP and Non-PVP) should be the same, and that should be the PVE one! Forget about all the pvp stats, so that any PVE player without any skills can easily 2 shot any pvp player who doent want to lose a plethora of hours in Dungeons / raids / dailies and so on.
Ofcourse, many of you will say thats what arenas are for but this is far from the truth as the gear you will get from a mythic+ which almost any half retarded person can participate in, is nothing to compare in terms of difficulty with arena. To get the an ecuivalent of a mythic +12 of which i did participate couple of times with my alt 398 - 410 item level gear in arena terms would mean 2100+ rating which ofc there is no comparison. Any PVE would disagree (naturally) as he never had any good ratings in arena and therefore doesnt know how hard it is, but anyone who enjoys PVP and knows how hard is to get geared from Arenas would totally agree. Not to mention the PVP gear that you get from PVP world quests that are as good as 40 gold in a vendor! As it was always the case with this game and the reason why WOW became famous for (raids, dungeons etc) all the real profit $$$ comes from the PVE players (about 70%) and their opinion is always highly respected. “Who cares about what damn skills i have, i raid, and therefore i deserve to have Sylvanas sword and Lich Kings pants because i worth it”. Maths speak by them selves, you disappoint PVE players, GM’s and Devs will start looking for a new job!
For those who say “you can also do a raid or a mythic or questing and so on” forgot to mention that the truth about the real world is that yes “some people” only a few ofc nowadays have a life too! Yes i know you didnt count that, usually those who want gear now they usually dont have a wife or husband (they through her/him out of the window) kids… no time for it! work… i never seen anyone working (Maybe they are sponsored by Blizz - who knows) and the “only 2 hours per day dude… HuuuRaaa” is for day dreamers or those who really lost the count of time. Everyone (or alsmost) pay in order to play this game and should have the same rights. But here this is not the case. Please dont start the cliche “change game”, the point is not for me or you or anyone to change game but for the company to treat customers equally and respect their opinion. Moreover, the word “balance” should not only be a term for a spec but should be the standard for the game itself!
This is the reason Blizz lost millions of customers and is still losing (you can check on your own with a device called Google), its the reason Blizz made Classic - in order to fight those with independent servers who were pissed off by the company’s deeds and many other things which i could mention but would require 5 pages to complete. To conclude with my complain and diappointment, all i have to say is that its a shame for a company with such a good start and ideas (ofc different company-team-devs) back then to become a money laundrey for other companies and destroy all the game’s fun for the sake of money. Neglecting the audience and sacrificing the reputation in favor of building revenue.
“Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell.”
― Edward Abbey

4 Likes

In legion they tried to put pvp skill on top, and realised most people don’t have what it takes to participate.
I agree, the gap between pvp and pve rewards as in gear to difficulty ratio is insane.
At 1.7-2k you play vs people who have gear equivalent to 2.4-3k, most of which is pve. No idea who makes and decides the numbers and ilvls of gear, but they need a serious reality check.
Also 8.3 is a clown fiesta and nothing really matters.

1 Like

Lookin forward to Shadowlands PvP vendor. Even if turns out rubbish, I wanna grind slots like with Legion’s PvP vendor :slight_smile:

I feel ya, if SL won’t be different I will probably unsub, because I don’t have desire to do those toxic hard core raids where I get bored after 20 minutes. And even if I do, I don’t want it to be my main activity, because this is what it is for all. I’m glad I came back this late, since the new expansion and all.

Ironic, this expansion called Battle for Azeroth, to me sounds like a PvP expansion, since Horde vs Alliance comes to mind. But the PvP community has never been so outraged considering what I have read and browsed on YouTube.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.