PvE trinkets issue - solution

Hi guys,

after all these years I realise that WoD gearing was amazing and I really miss it. The game overall was crap I agree but some of WoD solutions were great.

I think that one of WoD ideas is a solution for the current PvE trinkets issue. PvP trinkets had it’s set bonus. If you had 2x PvP trinket your damage/healing was increased by 10%. With such bonus players would need to consider using any PvE trinket as they’d lose a lot. What do you think?

2 Likes

yes, but i would rather have a damage reduction if it makes sense.

So it feels dps trinkets would still be good for more damage, just not defensivly. Kinda like resilience… cause lets face it, we had more problems with defensive trinkets than offensive ones .

I know that in a heavy dampening meta its a weird sugestion from me but if damage was adjusted it would be the best overall (in my opinion).

But yeah i would live with wod system too.

1 Like

You are actually right because the only trinkets people wear are defensive ones. Reducing damage taken by 10% would be great as maybe they will trade less defence but they would get bigger offensive potential.

Strong defensive trinkets break attack-defense balance and lead to an auto-win for dampening comps (dk-dh and similar).

Offensive trinkets are less noticeable, as they are partly countered by themselves (counter-pressure).

You don’t get the point mate. If PvP trinkets would have that “set bonus” as they had in WoD - for 10% damage reduction you’d lose 10% damage reduction and extra offensive for using any PvE crap. 10% damage reduction will be self countered by damage PvP trinkets.

PvP trinkets are also counterable:

-safeguard - you can purge it
-hp one - you can’t use in stun

So there won’t be a case where someone just wears prism or any other crap and be immortal.

Actually I think that “set bonus” should be 10% damage/healing done and 10% damage taken. Then it will be the best for PvP and PvE trinkets issue will be resolved.

I think any form of “bonus” would be better than current design.

I would go along with any type aslong as both options are viable.

I think we are further going away from player option and trade off’s wich is, in my opinion, a bad design for a mmorpg.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.