PvE vs PvP Gear

Dear Blizzard i dont know what you thinking about this, but if this expansion continues like this make PvE have no sense. You can make a good grp of people and push rating 2.1 or 2.4 and get this gear . And you can farm this 100 times more fast than people who stay 3 or 4 hours trying to kill a boss on Raid and after dont get nothing on the boss or dungeon =
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

Well they finally made some positive changes to gearing in PvE. Starting next reset, all raid loot is increased by 35%, and 9.0.5 will have a Valor Points system tied into m+. However, PvE and PvP will negatively collide until we get a PvP stat.

It’s also not much fun that Blizz is leaving players in the dark for months.

Yea, except most people won’t even make 1.6k. It’s like linking a full mythic geared pve’r and saying “look, he can do it!”

And spare me the “herp derp u can buy boosts logic chain”

2 Likes

It will collide until they finally start to give pve an equal gearing system. The Valor system cant compete with conquest because its capped at 220 and you still need to drop the specific pieces to upgrade them. Raid drop increase is fine, but unless you raid mythic, which most people dont, it cant compete with pvp.

Dont get me wrong here, you still need to hit glad for that which is basically impossible for 99% of the playerbase but it will be the chosen path of progression for everyone because of accessibility.

And dont they dare nerf the pvp upgrade system because of Valor upgrade cap. Cant be that hard to incease it to 226.

That picture is somewhat dishonest.

Alot of those pvp pieces are probably off the weekly chest. Versa is dh best stat and every pvp piece has versa on it so ofc ull pick all pvp pieces if u are above 2100.

Ur probably also not going to wear badly statted raid pieces if u can trade it to a guildmate and just get a pvp piece with good stats later.

It’s a bit early to compare, as we are yet to see how the changes are going to work out.

It will collide as long as there isn’t a PvP stat.

If you give both sides an equally strong gearing system, people will complain if they have to do everything.
If you give PvEers the superior gearing path, PvPers will complain that they have to do PvE.
If you give PvPers the superior gearing path, PvEers will complain that they have to do PvP.

No matter what they do, until a PvP stat doesn’t exist: the community won’t be happy, except the few fake elitists who claim that you should do everything to be on the top.

2 Likes

It did in the past because of this. And it impacted PvPers big time, thats why we dont have a pvp stat anymore. Got a piece of gear that had Resilience/PvP-Power while attempting to Raid? -> You have been removed from the group. The Community was the same back then as it is now. If something is perceived as bad you will get removed from the group. Even if its actually not as bad as people believe it is.

But its the only way to make it fair. People will complain no matter what. Casuals will complain there is too much content. Elitists will complain gear is too easy to get. PvPers about PvE. PvEers about PvP. They do it right now and they will do it in the future. Always.

As much as I disagree with what Blizzard has done recently they tried to make stuff equal. They tried to make stuff strictly separated. They listenened and tried a lot of stuff to make people happy. They really did.

But to make people ‘truly’ happy they would have to merge conquest/valor into one currency to make people buy specific pieces at a vendor and loot tables of the Vault and Bosses can only contain stuff that these vendors sell. You will get everything there. Even the PvP stat. And they need to have every possible stat combination in different weightings and so on.

And even then people will complain. The systems we are going to get are really good, they just need to make rewards equal. Make Valor apply to heroic gear and make it go to 226 like Conquest, weapons to 233 and thats simply it. It wont get better than that.

Except the difference is that you could just use either professions and / or spam 5mans to get your gear for raiding + consumables, gems, enchants and glyhps, which you could do in a rather quick fashion, and THEN you could raid. If you wanted to do the toughest content in the game, of course people don’t wanna take you if you have resillience on all your items, you are doing much less damage than someone who is in pre-raid BiS.

And of course everybody will complain, but it’s up to Blizzard who they listen to. Thing is, they are being pulled from so many directions, and I can imagine it being hard to decide on, especially since they constantly end up changing things, there isn’t a set design goal or a group of people they make the game for.

They tried creating infinite grinds (artifact and azerite) as people were complaining of a lack of content in general - was disliked especially by those who were top players.
They tried creating a gamemode that made 5man dungeons relevant - people disliked it because it got stagnant to do the same thing over and over again.
They tried creating a PvP template system to equalize the field - was disliked by a lot of people given that not only you couldn’t customize yourself, it was a lie, as you had to grind artifact power.
There was also a steady stream of people who did like these things, which makes things even worse.
They tried SO many things, and at the moment, it’s just a mass confusion. A lot of people who complain are also the ones who played the game the longest as well. I just hope they finally settle on something.

2 Likes

The inherent value of PvP gear is that you just need each item once, and then you just upgrade it until it is BiS.

In PvE you likely replace each and every item many times before you get whatever is BiS for your slots.

The process of gearing in PvP is to farm all your Conquest, and then make one dedicated push for a high rating, and then upgrade all your gear. Done.

In PvE you do the content at a low difficulty, get some gear, progress to a higher difficulty, replace your gear, progress to higher difficulty, and ultimately after killing bosses many times, you have your BiS gear.

The PvP process is just incredibly efficient. Especially as the Conquest cap grows every week. If you have the team, then you can literally farm BiS gear through PvP in a single day.

I remember prior to Shadowlands, the discussions around a PvP vendor always seemed rather optimistic to me. I mean, surely Blizzard would never give PvPers a purely deterministic approach to gear, whilst linking the item level to rating alone, that didn’t have any mechanism in place to slow the inherent efficiency of such a system.
But lo and behold, they did!

The PvP gear system right now is the best of all worlds. It has no drawbacks.

1 Like

PvP gear being “good” in PvE also favours certain classes far too much because of the guaranteed Versatility.

The only solution is to totally separate PvP & PvE gear and have them be good only in their respective content. The barrier to entry would be a problem, but it’s far better than this cyclical “xYz HaVe iTs O MucH bEtTeR ThAN us AbC PlAySerz”

I’d rather be poorly geared than PvP (hence my i216 main spec), especially in this toxic, unbalanced PvP gameplay we suffer right now.

I have 226 iLvL for that I’ve become 1608th best player on EU. PvP is much more difficult compared to BfA trash, people who were rival (1.8) are hardstuck between 1.4-1.5 currently…

And we don’t have an option to die and wait for the group to carry us in raid or we don’t have an option to finish mythic+ run 5 hours late and still get rewarded.

When I max leveled my Ret Pally, a friend asked me if I wanna come for gear, she said she depleted her key for a friend I said okay. We finished Da Other Side over an hour and I got rewarded with a BiS 220 ring that week with a socket slot.

So, what PvE players expect is loot shower, not planned progress.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.