PvE:rs what would need to happen to make you enjoy PvP?

I’ve played to 2200 at the most back in wotlk, on what was the frenzy battlegroup, I think it was.

Now in DF I’ve been at 2085 at the highest.

(Thouigh, I lost it almost instantly again)

To make me play PvP more often this is that would need to to be fixed:

All CC on the same DR.

Interrupts on DR.

Remove instant ranged CC.

I do PvP nowdays to get the elite and gladiator set for mogging but then I pretty much bail from it, precisely because of the things mentioned not being implemented. It’s not fun not being able to play.

edit: wrong battlegroup - checked what realms it was, lol. Was on hellscream back then.

edit2: Forgot to mention this:

Get rid of this stupid mmr situation, make it as easy to obtain the previous ratings you were at, at any point in a season. It’s just dumb. I played to almost 2100 in season 2 and then at the start of season 3 it was really rough to even get above 1600 at the start. Now I’m almost at 2k again.

edit3: Completely disproportionate penalty when people don’t press their defensives and you lose because of it. In PvE I’d just say “Ok, bye, gl next key” pretty much and then leave when people don’t press their defensives and die to unhealable levels of damage, with no penalty to me other than having wasted my time. You can’t heal people if they won’t press their defensives but yet I’m being punished for it in PvP.

Pretty much being stunned , pop trink , stunned , stunned , poly x3 times , silence , stunned , dead.

Walk me through that order , where exactly was I meant to have fun and enjoy that ? Was it between being Stunned , Stunned ? Or being poly 3 times ?

27 Likes

Pretty much everything about it, from the long learning curve to constantly being CC-ed to the general mentality it puts me into, to clarify when I play PvP focused games that relly on team mates (for example MOBAs) I turn into a rage moster if I start losing because of my team, for some reason this doesnt happen to me in PvE content. Also this is not just about retail PvP, I have hated WoWs PvP since the very begening.

Sorry I don’t enjoy anything about. I did like plunderstorm though, but I mostly PvE-ed there and only picked fights with lower levels XD.

I don’t see any change they could make to would make me want to PvP. And trust me you really don’t want players like me in there, PvP will die faster that way.

4 Likes

There’s nothing they could change to make me want to PvP in WoW. I did that in the distant past and it wasn’t good for my enjoyment of the game, nor for me as a person. It often soured my mood and fostered negative behaviors and thoughts that I don’t really care for.

I play WoW for the cooperative experience: playing with people, not against people.

19 Likes

This is why I quit , just the amount of nerd rage.
People ignoring healers completely.
Clearly someone capping flag … ignored entirely
Being alliance sucked for a long time
Russian premades

Wintergrasp and Tol Barad could become slogs and no one wanted that.

Battlegrounds in a Nutshell (youtube.com)

I used to PvP in S1. Completely abandoned it. Reasons :

• This MMR situation for healers in Solo Shuffle is a joke. It sucks to tie with the other healer 8/10 times and get ZERO rating. Loose 1 match, loose 70 rating. Win 1 match, gain 5 rating. NOBODY cares about MMR… All I care is about rating.

• If class balance is “questionable” in PvE, its even worse in PvP. You cant play the spec you want. Only the ones that “fit” in specific comps.

• Too many modifiers/one-shots. A mortal strike from a warrior can hit for wet noodles, OR, it can truck 400k of my life. And its hard to track 7 different DPS modifiers so you cant predict it.

• I HATE the concept of dampening. I get nerfed out more and more. Just because. Look. Mana bars exist for a reason and as long as mana regen is kept in line eventually healers go OOM. The good ones will take longer though. What I particularely hate are the coments about this : Its there to make arena battles last 2 minutes instead of 40 minutes. Im sorry… what healer can last 40 minutes with out going OOM? Its a thing from MoP when healers had infinite mana. Its 20 years old…

And that is about it. There are other minor details, but il brush them off cause no game can be perfect. Not even PvE. But those are the 3 that made me quit for good.

3 Likes

Absolutely nothing. I hate PvP and there is nothing you can do to incentivise me. I simply refuse to play it.

18 Likes

Nothing…it’s not a playstyle for me.
I only do pvp for mogs/mounts and never rated. It’s not something i enjoy. I know i will die and prob loose and i learned to live with it…but enjoy it…nope.
If i could get all mogs from pve solo i be really happy :wink:

4 Likes

My biggest problem with WoW PvP is that it requires an organized group if you want anything out of it besides fun, so people constantly in need of being carried make it so if you are learning, you pass more time looking for groups than playing.

I also brutally despise arena, like, its a game mode i found super annoying to play compared to BG.

But again to gain anything meaningful out of BG you need to go rated, aka too much time spent trying to find a group.

Random bg are fine but, at that point i just do keys

I would like to see it balanced, MOBA style easy to start hard to master. I would want to fight other players, not UI and bloat of WAs, addons and spell buttons to press. Plunderstorm is a good example in terms of fight mechanics. Unfortunately it’s only Battle Royal which is imo worst multiplayer mode ever created.

Even people that do pvp atm don’t like it, blizz don’t care about pvp atm.

No balance and 90% premade in bgs.

1 Like

Definitely not.

It’s almost impossible to fight against someone with high ping because you can’t hit them with any aimed abilities. They just warp all over the screen.

3 Likes

For me its a few things, I used to be passionate about it but I fell out of love with it

• Constant reinvention of the wheel when class gets redesigned, fun things tend to get removed and replaced by unfun things more often then the other way around
  • Too many levels of power because they copy pasted pve’s gear upgrade system on pvp gear, WoD had it correct with 1 blue set and 1 epic set, with only 10 ilvls of difference between them
  • Casual pvp has been completely destroyed, its all arena or die
  • Random BG’s have become so unrewarding that they have withered and died out. This was my favourite way to pvp, I’m not a fan of rated BG’s or rather how inaccessible it is to someone just looking to casually and socially join BG’s
  • Honour leveling system needs to be revisited, it was changed from Legion on an individual character to account wide; but the amount of honour needed to level was bloated beyond any reasonable amount, as if we can play our alts and our mains at the same time. It takes too much to reach prestige milestones now, not worth the time investment.
  • PvP itself isn’t fun, you are either outgearing others and you are immortal, or you are outgeared and you are a glass statue (this still exists due to the bad balancing of classes unfortionately, but atleast no longer for gear), there is no inbetween.
  • Ion said in an interview some time ago that they often do balance patches and then don’t touch anything and just allow any OP builds to exist if they accidentilly create an op build with the new changes saying they’ll allow it to allow that class some ‘time in the spotlight’, this is antithetical to competative play wether unrated or rated, they need to put more effort into balancing the classes again for pvp.

if the above can be adressed, I would be very much interested and happy to start caring about pvp again

in case you’re looking at this list and thinking ‘whoa thats a lot of work that seems unrealistic to demand’, I agree, but I’m still not touching pvp until those things are adressed

Edit: I was informed that the ilvl thing on gear is no longer an issue so I gave it a strike through, thank you for informing me!

4 Likes

From a PvE perpective:

• Short queue times.
  • PvP like the Anniversary BG Alterac Valley.
    I like BG-'s with 40+ players on each team with an endboss.
    I don’t like Arena and most other BG’s or open world PvP.
    There’s nothing you can do to change that, unless i got an I.W.I.N. button that isn’t broken :wink:

Honestly, nothing.

This is like those questions about why don’t you tank or heal. Simply because I hate it. I don’t like the roles, I don’t enjoy them.

I have had to venture into PvP for PvE occasionally and it’s always a horrible experience. It’s not a gameplay I enjoy. Legion it was my Mage Tower recolour getting RBG wins, that was probably the most salty horrible experience overall, then in BfA essence farm having to do both Arena and Battlegrounds.

I find any player vs player environment seems to bring out the worst in people. I play Overwatch and it’s rare someone isn’t racist, nasty, toxic etc.

It’s a shame I hate it because it’s where I miss the most achievements

12 Likes

Oh, I should add:

Shadow priests & evokers needs to be stripped of the ability to move people without their consent in PvP.

I’m tired of being dragged out of position by evokers or shadow priests grabbing me.

If someone does it twice to me I’m just going to /AFK. Screw them, they can go back in the queue if they’re gonna grief me.

You may wanna use.

It makes you immune to those things. It came out in WoD.

1 Like

nothing.

pvp is garbage and we play mmorpg to play pve.

ifwe wanted to play pvp there is like 128468927289 better games then wow for it.

or do you know where was last time i enjoyed pvp ? it ws in univeristy when i was in dorm and we were playing this woldenstein pvp mode or og CS - that was fun to play .

3 Likes

It doesn’t work in arena.