PvP Battleground Healing is broken

The current PvP battleground situation is as follows:

One guy called a “Healer” is nearly immortal. He runs around soaking up the damage from 5+ enemies for 10 minutes, throws in some damage of his own, some cc too and the 5 dps wonder what raid boss this is again.

Its genuinely sad to see what wow PvP has become. It feels like a once precious masterpiece has been used as toilet paper.

3 Likes

If you truly hate healers, then queue in solo shuffle instead.
There, you’ll watch them become useless as dampening ramps up to 70%+ and their abilities do nothing.

OP is right. Healers when dampening isn’t there are absurd. Like actually absurd. You can sit there and wail away at them for hours on end and it won’t make a dent. The only way to kill them is to micro-CC them to death so they literally can’t heal. Which mages can’t do. It’s great, really.

In arena dampening has to go very high before anything can die. Dampening shouldn’t exist - healers should have a healing output and design that makes them go OOM if they are forced to heal too much or too inefficiently regardless of any dampening.

This has been a problem on-and-off for the last 14 years. It’s a problem yet again, and I think this time is the most extreme case we’ve seen so far, which is saying something.

Meanwhile in PvE, damage output from mobs is insanely high and the healing insanely high as well, all in the service of making sure that healers won’t just top everybody to 100% and chill out while dealing damage. Meanwhile, some healers have such complicated setups that a lot of people can’t figure out how to heal, leading to vast gaps in performance that isn’t even down to what is visually happening. It’s just some healers don’t heal lol.

All of this is causing all sorts of problems. Yes, nerf healers, remove dampening, lower damage from mobs (especially pulsing unavoidable damage), and remove dozens of cooldowns across all classes and specs, healers included.

:popcorn:

Not my experience at all playing blitz BGs as a moonkin.

I put beam on a healer and vortex. He died before he could get out from the beam.

Definitely not the experience when playing healer myself either if people actually focus me. I’ll die to a warrior + ret if nobody stops them from going ham on me, I’ll live until the second hammer of justice and can’t heal anyone but myself during that time or I die, because the damage output is so high.

Problem is PvP being balanced around dampening and healing reduction effects, and when we’re unlucky to not have mortal strike, it makes healers invincible.

Blizzard needs to take a look at healers as a whole in PvP. Not only are they not fun to play, they’re also not balanced in a lot of aspects of PvP. BGs being the outlier.

No, just no.

I’ve seen to it that healers get nuked in blitz BG as a moonkin, with just beam + vortex.

Yeah, because BGs have 1 healer, and there isn’t immunities, trinkets, or defensives in the game.

Lmao. I’ve been playing for nearly 20 years, let’s not go there.

You can’t cast in beam. Most healers got nothing against beam.

I literally main all 5 healers. Yes, you can.

edit, yes

No, you can’t, lol.

Posting on a classic character because you’re ready to embarrass yourself

You’re the one embarassing yourself.

Beam is a silence as long as you’re in it, you literally can’t cast in it.

Also, “all 4 healers”? Lmao.

2-3 healers per a BG. I play a healer. No other healer is sitting a beam. 1, bubble, 2 priest can immunity, 3, monk, lol.

Do I have to log in and list off every ability in the game?

Do you really think anyone is gonna sit in a fricken rooted beam? What is this? NPC roleplay?

???

Vortex + beam.

VORTEX IS NOT ROOT. You literally get dragged back into it if you try to leave it.

It’s enough to kill a lot of healers in BGs.

Not experienced that sorry, on any healer. None. Healers are overtuned in BGs. Simple. Literally laughing, root beam. If it was a 10v1 healer, sure, root beam vortex lmao.

If another healer in my group is being rooted beamed, I have cocoon, sac, grip, dispel, revival, rescue, time stop. I ain’t going down the list. You’re acting like us healers are 1v10. No, there’s 2-3 per BG lol. Even when I’m playing with 2 other bad healers I can clap. Literally Checkpvp my healers and look at my BG winrates.

Yet I’ve killed healers by doing that. Because they literally can’t cast and get dragged into it again when they try to leave it.

Beam root is a CC.

Vortex + beam is a go.

Maybe the problem lies with most DPS being unable to actually deliver damage. Most DPS players are absolutely awful at doing damage in PvP.

A grip or a rootbeam is an instant dispel into a rescue/lifegrip/any other CD that exists.

Your scenarios only exist in the reality of dribble.

With premades maybe.

Most players in BGs aren’t premades.

Especially not in blitz BGs.

I definitely don’t feel healers are too strong when playing my moonkin, if people don’t focus me I’m going to melt the battlefield.

At the end of the day, bad DPS or healer, they will die.

But I, as a main healer, have never experienced root beam debacle. In-fact, it’s laughable. Anything is possible vs trash players. When I play my DK, I just shuv an enemy healer on focus and keep them chains of iced and gripped out of healing range of their team. It’s fun, but it only works vs trash players.

You don’t even know that there’s 6 classes capable of healing in the game.