PvP Changes - we went from WotLK pvp to Retail PvP

First of all, thank you for trying to look at the situation.

There did need to some reduction on damage taken, however 50% is too much, especially if you’re not going to dampen healing as well.

Group fights now devolve into both sides goign OOM as healing far outweights damage done. I just let a warrior full rip onto me and a single rejuv kept me up.

I think something like 20-25% damage reduction would let people last more then 1 global combo, at the moment no one really dies, 1v2 isn’t possible at all due to the damage dampening and the pvp feels not great.

1 Like

This is so funny… blizzard going like “boom -50% in your face” instead of making decent attempts

They could have made a public vote for this.

"What pvp damage reduction factor would you prefer:

-0% (full damage)
-12.5%
-25%
-37.5%
-50%"

Or something like that and then they pick what the average player thinks would be the best.
But they do the exact opposite and announce this thing without letting people know the reduction factor.

How could anyone even think of reducing all outgoing damage to players by 50%, knowing how many hybrids there are in this version of the game? If this innovation were implemented on wotlk, then the first 50 positions in the leaderboard would be from preg+enh