PVP help from fellow Shamans please

Hey all, I just wanted to ask fellow Shamans and other classes too about Shaman Specs. Which Spec would you say is better and more powerful in BGs, Ele or Enhance? Which spec would you say is harder to kill (out of Ele or Enhance) and is that bit more tanky? Which class has the better burst? Would really appreciate the help, I especially struggle with Melee and getting away, so any tips there would be ace. Thanks very much all, have a great Wednesday :grinning: :fire:

1 Like

I’d always go Elemental in BGs, simply because Enhance lacks the necessary survivability for big teamfights, while Elemental can keep its distance.

The double knockback (Unleash Shield and Thunderstorm) is very nice for certain BGs too, especially EoTS flags, AB Lumber Yard and AV towers.

I’d say Enhance is a bit more tanky, but not to enough of a degree that it would be able to survive the mosh-pit fights you get in BGs.

Probably Enhancement with Ascendance and Doom Winds legendary. If they don’t pop a cooldown or stun you, they can get melted.

I do feel overall that Enhance is better at PvP, but it just can’t stand up in big fights.

1 Like

BGs - Ele hands down. Enhance in PvP is well… only good in 3s and with few specs only. Mainly with Warrior and as alternative you have only WW and Outlaw Rogue.

In 2s you need to play either H Priest as Necro or with other DPS hybrid like Ret or Feral.

So Ele is definetely better for BGs and it gets only stronger with more targets. BTW I actually find Ele more tanky with Shield and Primal Elementalist talent.

yes enhance is more tanky if not silenced/stunned because of the easier selfheal.

Ele burst is much more consistent and deadly.
Ascendance and doom winds isn’t even good anymore. I tried it and it only does dmg with:

1. Bloodlust (pvp talent on gcd)
  2. Ascendance
  3. Doom winds
  4. several stacks of necro legendary for tons of haste

getting all 4 off takes already like 5 gcds and then it isn’t even instant dmg but big dps over 10s window (or even less depending on your forceful winds…)

If you want real burst, you play ele with vesper totem and do 150k dmg in 2 gcds, but of course also huge setup time.

Consistently I would still give burst to ele as you can always win the lava burst lottery and even if not, echoing shock and stormkeeper can do quite some burst.

pretty much yea, quite the garbage spec to main - but it is fun at least :frowning:

over all ele is definitely better in pvp but you need to get used to its playstyle as ele can be also quite squishy and has nothing to save itself from a death in stuns either.

1 Like

Pretty much this. Dealing damage as Ele is the easy part. Surviving and utility it’s where good and bad players are separated.

I’d argue because Ele has more CDs kinda. It’s subjective and depends on the situation.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.