PvP Illusion Glorious Tyranny - unable to use despite earning it twice

I’d like to talk about the Weapon illusion “Glorious Tyranny”. This illusion was first introduced into the game in Mists of Pandaria and was a PvP-Reward during all MoP Seasons for reaching a Rating of 2200 in any of the rated modes. Back then, Weapon illusions did not exist yet, so these were actual enchantments with the name “Bloody Dancing Steel”, “Spirit of Conquest” and “Glorious Tyranny”. All of this enchantments looked exactly the same and were simply weapon enchantmens with the same effect as normal weapon enchantments, just with a different visiual effect. In the next expansion, Warlords of Draenor, we recieved Weapon illusions for the first time. These functioned just like actual enchantments, except that they would only change the visiuals of the enchantment, yet they weren’t part of the Wardrobe yet. The illusion Glorious Tyranny was reintroduced as a PvP-Reward for reaching a 2400 rating in any of the rated modes. With patch 7.3.2, when Illusions were already part of the Wardrobe, Glorious Tyranny was made purchasable for characters, who achieved the Title Duelist or Hero of the Horde/Alliance during season 14 and 15 in MoP. The same applied to the “Primal Victory” illusion, just for season 1, 2 and 3 in WoD (an illusion that was avaible during those seasons for the same requirements and alongside Glorious Tyranny). Here is the problem:
I have achieved both of the original requirements for the illusion, yet i am unable to use it. I achieved a 2200 rating in 2vs2 during season 15 of MoP (2vs2 did not award the title of Duelist) and i reached a 2400 rating in 3vs3 during WoD. I even have multiple heirlooms with the original enchantmens from MoP on multiple of my characters and i have the Primal Victory illusion, which had exactly the same requirements as the Glorious Tyranny Illusion during WoD. We are now in Dragonflight, many years after all of this and me as well as many others, who were once eligible to purchase the Illusion, still don’t have the option to use it. I would like this topic to not be forgotten. I am aware that only a relatively small playerbase is affected by this, yet we have worked hard for this illusion (it was the only reason i even started pushing my rating during MoP) and still deserve to use it. It should not be a problem for Blizzard to hand out the illusion to at least those players, who can prove that they earned the illusion back in the day (by still having the original enchantment or weapons with it/having the Primal Victory illusion).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.