PVP is extremely difficult to grasp for new players

Hi,

Pretty sure not a lot of people will agree with me but here I come.
I love WoW, I got my glad this season and was really happy with the grind, but something has been bothering me for a long time now.

I feel like the game is insanely deep (which is great for long time player like myself, let’s say people that have been playing since vanilla) and that it is a bit overwhelming for a new player.

What I’m saying is, when you’re a dps, you probably have 36 or more binds/maccros. between your ctrl, shift, numbers… the crazy number of spells makes it very, very complicated for new players. It might be slightly different for melee but even there : the skillcap to simply UNDERSTAND the game is enormous.

On top of all these skills, you HAVE to know who you’re playing against, literally any dps can one shot you during their burst phase, may it be : wings, combust, avatar, convoque… The game is unforgiving.

In a way, it is elitist, and I’m not criticising it, I appreciate all the work that’s been done. Maybe, only maybe, some spells shouldn’t be available in arena and pvp in general. A lot of people are gonna say I encourage mediocrity, but then I wanna say this : dude, your game is dead, this expansion is dead, nobody is playing.

And nobody is playing because pvp is very stressful, it requires so much for an online game : forget high ranks without vocal, coordination, CD trading…

I’ve been lucky, I’ve been playing since the start of the game and grasped all the pvp concepts over the years allowing me to eventually reach glad. But even then, even if i love the game, i feel like it’s too harsh for new players.

Maybe there should be a more convenient mode where people can just learn pvp and get reward, a tutorial of some sort (I know people are gonna tell me :LOL JUST GO ON YOUTUBE:) but I think the game is too complex and the player base will not grow : the game is dying to the competition of fun and simple.

I love wow, I love pvp, I love the accomplishment feeling of outplaying the other team, but since the state of the game rn is that it’s freaking empty and only glads and tryhards are still there, maybe it’s time to add a new pvp mode that’s easier for everyone.

No idea how, just saying the game is very ,very complex (which again, in a way, is great for players like me).

Peace.

14 Likes

I agree totally with what you said, but the best part is the game is still garbage even for better players. Cant tell when I had fun queuing this season.
So yeah new players are gonna see this clownfest, and go back to a better game where the pvp gets tuned.

Actually if you are new to the game there is absolutely no way to have fun.

Lfg is trash and demoralizung and so is pvp at low cr full of glad/r1 or rbg player with insane gear.

Too much wall to break before even having some fun.

3 Likes

You want decent PvP, play a different game. Plain and simple.

Screw new players, pvp is extremely difficult for me!

if i dont play rogue im just ded!

No, it is not difficult, just dreadfully bad.

2 Likes

I agree. And R1 players with full gear make it even worse. Newbie with knife against champions with bazukas

Hahahahaa!!! New what now?!!? Hahahaha

I compete in fighting game tourneys and those are harder than PvP in WoW. I love RBGs where the team needs cooperation. But Arenas? Running around pillars and getting 1 shot in a stun is not my idea of fun. I get angry in arenas even if I win.

1 Like

You want to play a couple of arena games?

First you need to spend weeks just building your character (and level to 60) with Legendary, gear, and conduits. It is Torghast, reputation grind, choosing the right covenant etc.

Eventually, you realize that you are paying 12 euro a month to work a second job and just sit around in the LFG system. Is it worth it?

This is what you get when trying to combine a PVE RPG with PVP.
WoW PVP should really be a separate product, with a different monetization system (supported by mount + transmog sales).

5 Likes

Agree , and the disparity of gear/boosting/help friends create a more stressful experience even at the lowest rating

Totally agree and i want add maybe some experiment with pvp modes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.