PVP is punishing for the average player

Ok , I’m not a good player, maybe I am wrong but,
I think PVP is punishing for the average player.
Especially 3v3. I like a fast paced meta. I always hated 2vs2 in older expansions because of the amount of time it takes.
But this is not a fast paced meta I like
Oneshotting people in 3vs3 isn’t PVP. As a healer I cannot predict something like that
A healthy fast paced meta would be more sustained damage and the healer to go oom really fast, rather than 15k damage abilities (and more. I’ve been hit for 24k chaos bolt).
The good players can deal with this, the average player like me or the newbs can’t deal with it easily.

1 Like

Farm gear and get good there is nothing which holds you back beside your own skill.

1 Like

Random one-shots never favor to anyone. Its more friendly to bad players actaully. They just push random buttons and then BOOM! autowin. This game favor for those players who have a lot of time to play in it.

actually you can predict it, you face rmp and see a mage going for a sheep into ks ? insta pop your cds, don’t think about it. it’s all about being aware of what’s going on. it’s tough though

1 Like

Lies! Warlocks are underpowered!

No, but I actually agree with you. Higher sustain and a bit lower burst. Right now it is only Disc Priest that goes oom - that needs to change.

Yeah, monks and druids can’t go OOM because someone in their team dies long before that can happen.

you can predict 99% of what happens like a couple of seconds before it happens.
with gamesense you can actually see it coming like 10 seconds before it happens. you should aim to see stuff coming so you can properly react before it happens instead of WHEN it happens. that’s the learning curve, a lot of good material is available everywhere on the internet to get you started. it has never been so easy.

1 Like

PVP is NEVER really about skill unless you have equal teams of equal classes.

Lets see how 3v3 with a Mistweaver and 2 Shadow priests works out for you all.

As a MW Monk i get blown up before I can even do anything literally htf is that even fair?

Convoke 20k+ dmg when at 209 ilvl I have about 33k

Spells that are doing so much damage do not belong in PVP there is no skill at all using spells that do that much damage, Just gives me flashbacks to days of PoMPyro mages where the doors opened and you just got blown up by 2 mages using Presence of mind and Pyroblast.

If you are not playing some of the Meta PVP classes which seem to be Warrior, Holy pala, Fire Mage, Balance Druid, MM hunter (Well they are the ones i met the most) so there must be some truth there then you stand next to no chance.

I can predict EXACTLY what is going to happen I am going to be Stunned, Rooted in Solar Beam, Feared, Slowed, Sheeped, Counter Spelled and every other CC imaginable and Oh they will open from Stealth (Hence why there is so many classes which have access to stealth)

What F***ing good is a trinket which breaks 1 CC and then allows you to be CC,ed instantly again???, Now I know whats coming “You should save it and not blow it on the first CC”, Then my question is what use is it if you do not survive the series of CC,s whilst being blown up?

Rant Over…

then don’t use trinket and ask your teammates to stop the incoming cc so you can efficiently trinket. it took me 5 seconds to prove your assumption wrong:

skill isn’t 100% the winning factor but it definitely is, in a large amount of games, probably the best winning factor.

I don’t think you’re wrong and that you’re not pro-player doesn’t matter as much.

In fact I agree and I raised this concern many times before.
This meta has basically all the downsides of slow meta + all the downsides of fast meta. And is very toxic with new players.

Because generally they feel they can’t kill anything (because enemy cooldown trades) and that they die instantly (because they poorly predict / react / cooldown trade). In fact to me cooldown trading is very boring. And to newer players it’s extra thing they need to learn, that’s not really transparent and requires in depth knowledge.

Solution is simple, as you say.
Sustained damage should be stronger (it’s too weak now), burst needs to be much weaker (it’s too strong now). Effectively making the game much more streamlined which allows newer players to learn it.

Because you can learn how to react and how to hide by simple playing as well as doing damage and moving correctly. But when you get randomly one shot, you don’t learn much. In fact you’re required to do a research on another class to know what happened.

1 Like

They will introduce scaling back and u will start enjoying the gamr

Not always, many comps are hardcountered by others.
Less in 3s but honestly most people play 2s and there we got comp disadvantages, massive gear gaps and also massive skill gaps due to boosting

Ok how do you propose to stop all that CC when it comes from stealth and your 2 team mates are 2 x Shadow Priest ? I am not asking for blizz to buff anything or nerf anything but the fact and as for saying skill is a large amount of games again i doubt that but im no pro probably a less than average PVP,er I thought I would try to get the weekly 10 wins done but seems that quest is purely for people who are at least playing a team comp which works.

It kind of feels like if you want even a chance in arena you need to play a certain class or at least a team comp which has a decent amount of immunity or cc abilities.

Just my experience as a less than average pvp,er (Last time i dont arena was in MOP) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Sometimes the organisation of the 3v3’s is either good teams who have tanked their ratings to get some easy farms or people who are paying for boosts in arena.

I mean I got opened on with Root, Solar Beam, Starsurge, Feared, Rooted, Disorient, Stunned there is no way on earth you can stop all of that CC without an immunity such a pally bubble or something unless im missing something.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.