Pvp pet battle queues are broken

I queue for pvp pet battles for hours, literally, and get no matches. I’ve heard that a new (hidden) MMR system has been introduced. Let me just say it’s a complete failure. I never get to pet battle any more, and pet battles are the only thing that made me return to Wow, since I don’t have time for anything else. But if I gotta wait one hour for a 2-min pet battle, I guess I will have to find a new game to fill in my very limited free time. The system is broken, just thought you should know.

2 Likes

The system is broken. No doubt about that.

As far as we know, the hidden MMR is not really much like an MMR; it just restricts new PvP battlers from meeting people with lots of wins. But ofc there are very few new PvP battlers, except maybe on a pet week, so I imagine it just mostly stretches out the queues for them interminably.

Most of the people who used to PvP have dropped out.

And then the queue battlegroups break up the very few people who are queueing and trying to find someone else to battle.

So yeah, it’s pretty bad.

There’s a considerable amount of bugs with the pvp queue and also various arbitrary restrictions:

New players are initially more likely to face another new player but in reality as far as I understand it just stops a new player from facing an experienced player for a set amount of time.

Battlegroups where a certain number of players can face each other and no one in another group. Blizzard implemented this to prevent win trading and sadly players still try and win trade. This is the biggest block on pvp participations because it reduces the variation and opponents in the queue.

Becoming queue locked, essentially where the UI displays you in the queue waiting for a match up but in actual fact it’s bugged and you will never match someone. There’s a bunch of ways that it’s likely this is happening but the main culprits are phasing, areas you can’t battle, passenger mounts, letting the queue just tick down and instantly declining a queue pop. Most of the time the player causing the queue to lock won’t be affected but the player they are matched with will be. This bug is another big contributor to queues being so poor, especially when the UI just displays that the queue just isn’t popping. As best practice requeue every couple of minutes to at least clear the bug your end.

There’s also a whole heap of balance issues and bugs that instead of being fixed as they immediately happen have been left too long, now there’s almost an impossible amount of things to fix instead of just as they were created.

Battlegroup 1: All english realms.
Battlegroup 2: All germans realms.
Battlegroup 3: All french realms.

Pet Battlegroups don’t need to have the same language, since there is no communication in PvP.

I’m not sure what the justification for Pet Battlegroups is any more, tbh.

• There is no mmr in pets. Because mmr system means nothing in pvp pets ques, sometimes you wait 40 second sometimes 40+ min. There is only few players same time/same day in que in total region.
  • Ques are not realm wide, it is region wide (germans/french realms dont be added into english battlegroup).
  • Experinced or new players doesnt matter , ques are long usually, you can face vs anyone at ques, can face vs any other realm’s players whose are in same language.

Starting on a fresh account now it seems as if there’s some kind of levelling system.

My first battles had long queues and the teams I met seemed to be beginners, that rely on pet abilities, but don’t use them well. I would also get teams with mixed level pets.

After winning a few games, about a week later, the queue would be quicker (could partly be because of the bonus event) and suddenly some teams would use strategies and be more involved. Still a bit of a mix though.

After another week or so, winning a majority of the battles, the queue has become really slow again. I now get matched with the kind of teams I remember from the old days: With difficult team combinations and strategies that forces you to be alert. Not too easy with three green dragons…

This is my research so far: There are three level groups and they are either updated weekly or after a certain amount of wins/losses.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.