PvP pet battles are in a depressing state

Currently I’m trying to get Family Brawler and oh boy even getting one win can be a pure pain.

Being forced to use a certain family just makes you extremely vulnerable to the op meta and even if you can use whatever pets you want if they’re not meta you’re basically guaranteed a loss.

Today alone I’ve faced 2 different ppl using Ikky because his ability that can increase the dmg of Quills by 100% has no CD and can pull off 1000 dmg in 1 round. And on top of that the luck factor is just a menace letting the meta opponent get 2 crits (with no modifiers) in the same game while I barely land a 25% chance stun once every 10 games.

Also, I used to do some pvp pet battles back in Pandaria and I’m pretty sure back then you could at least /say things during pet battles and now it’s completely anonymous, so I’m assuming that it got most of the ppl frustrated and this was a band aid solution.

And there’s also the same problem that dead by daylight faced with subtle cheaters that made players doubt if the other side is cheating whenever they get outplayed but here you wonder if the other side is using an addon that is tracking your abilities.

And just overall with lack of control over your pet’s power (no talents, gear, etc.), relying on luck with crits and other RNG, boring op meta it just feels no matter how positive of a mind set you have, as soon as you do 1-2 pvp pet battles you just feel like they’ve drained all life out of you and makes you not want to touch them ever again. Just no one would enjoy getting 10+ loss streak and having no control over it whatsoever.

P.S. as I am writing this I’m trying to get just one win and I have not seen a single battle without Ikky or Anomalus so far and I’ve been on it for over half an hour

2 Likes

I did this achievement a long time ago. Even then I encountered many things from the author’s story. If one family did not work out, he took another. Changed zones. Previously, players were definitely selected from one large zone. Now it seems to me that the same rules of selection also apply. If nothing helped, he took the team opposite to the enemy. Moved on to completing the achievement for 5000 PVP wins. I got tired of it quickly. I tried to make at least 10 wins a week. But… 1000+ victories were the limit for me.
I wish you good luck. The path to victory is always difficult. Unfortunately, the longer the game exists, the harder the achievement becomes.

True. But it’s also true that Blizzard very rarely balances PvP Pet Battles. Maybe once every two epansions? And the last balance pass made no sense, and even included a stealth buff to already powerful weather abilities.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.