PvP reduction is a massive W

I cannot stress enough how crucial this PvP change is, and I earnestly hope it becomes a permanent fixture. Many players are dubbing this aura as “bad” because they perceive healers as “overpowered,” leading to lengthened engagements. However, this sentiment stems from a long-standing issue where players could effortlessly kill opponents in mere seconds, devoid of any skill.

This aura has revitalised the significance of skill and strategy. It’s now evident who the adept PvPers are versus those reliant on one-shot tactics. Witnessing Shadow Priests attempt their old routine of dotting, dotting, SW:D, only to flounder when the other player doesn’t die instantly, provides quite the spectacle.

This adjustment has singularly addressed the prevailing PvP issues. Those lamenting about healers being too resilient fail to grasp that healers should indeed possess the capability to endure a 1v1 encounter against a DPS. This shift compels us to engage in thoughtful gameplay, strategising on how to overcome our adversaries. No longer can we charge in recklessly, relying solely the first hits and bioggest crits. Instead, we must utilise CC and use our abilities efficiency.

I implore Blizzard not to discard this aura solely based on the perceived shortcomings of the SoD PvP landscape. Please, take the time to engage with the community and recognise the immense positive impact of this change.

2 Likes

Nuh-uh. You can backpeddle your way out. This is too much.

I guess you’re right… You make sure a good argument for why it isn’t good.

1 Like

If you want 3 min 1 v1 fights- u can go and play dragonflight where everyone has 100500 def abilities and selfheal,oneshot meta was bad,but what happens now is 10 times worse

3 Likes

wish we, as players, could find some middle ground on this… it doesn’t have to be either “one shot meta” or “literally-oom-multiple-times-because-nobody-ever-dies meta”.
there’s a sweetspot in between. hopefully blizzards finds it during the testing of this weekend.

1 Like

This decision isn’t a bad one, but it doesn’t adress the class imbalance, which is being highlighted with the damage dampening.
Some classes that were already good before are becoming even better, while some are just being destroyed.
I will play a bit more to get a better feel of things but as a ret pala I can tell you that I’m plainly useless at the moment. Without burst I’m being cced and kitted all too easily and my mana bar doesn’t allow me to chain dispell/freedom and damage for a long time.
Damage reduction looks to be around 50% atm, I think they could give it a shot to around 30% whislt reducing healings by the same amount.
Damage reduction was already a buff to healing classes and especially healers who now have much more room to cast and sustain themselves but keeping their heal untouched is too powerful imho.
We’ll have to contend with those changes since the devs understandably won’t go for a massive pvp tuning on a leveling phase but it makes me want to reach level 60 all the more so we can have a proper go at class balance.

You are aware they haven’t include any new abilities with this aura? We still have the same runes as before the aura, what are you talking about “100500 def abilities”? We have the same about of defensives and as a Warrior PvP main, mine is every 30 minutes…

Only classes that think this is ok. Are healers and ofheals. Rest is done

I love this change and I’m an Arms Warrior?

I think healers not been able to be one shot by 5 classes is a good change. Healers should be able to tank DPS damage. It should take more than one DPS to kill a healer as it forces players to consider tactics instead of just whoever gets the first hit and the biggest crits…

Bro , only diff is that people die 2 second later from dots. Point is that that melee cant kill range anymore ! Dont Even wanna bother about heals or boomies

warriors can heal.

You’re aware Warriors are melee right? I’m not finding any issues with this change at all, with the exception of feral druid bear form is very tanky and hit quite hard but I don’t think it’s overpowered like SPriests, Rogues and Boomkins were before the aura.

Healers aren’t an issue at all. You just focus the healer, kill the healer, focus the DPS, kill the DPS, cap the flag, win…

this is easily said when your class has an ability that cuts healing in half on the target you’re hitting.

this dmg reduction aura seemed to target warriors the most at first, but i am quickly coming to terms with the fact that this is a direct buff to warriors now that they have frenzied regeneration and 30% flat heals on victory rush - on top of their armor, defensives and everything else.

not to mention that every healing potion they consume now gives them thrice or quintuple times the value as before the dmg reduction aura.

So can mages, priests, shamans, druids, warlocks, paladins? Your point?

So you’re annoyed Warriors can use their [3 minute] cooldown to heal 30% of their life over 10 seconds?

And IF we get a [killing blow] (So we MUST have been fighting 2v1 and killed one of you) we can then use victory rush to stand a chance of killing the second target?

none of those classes can wear plate - paladin has trash dps to counterbalance their heals and plate.
throw some plate on a mage and see what happens lmao.

i didn’t say it annoyed me. i pointed out its existence and used it as an argument against you.

a significantly better chance than you would otherwise have with no dmg reduction aura, and only 10% healing which is what it provided originally.

and stop pretending you can’t carry your victory rush for 20 seconds between each fight which is a generous window of time. makes you look dishonest.

Even if this was the case, I still need to get the killing blow on the target? In order to heal myself I first need to have won the first fight? It’s not like I can just heal myself whenever I want, I need to have already beaten someone to then use my only heal?

Pretty much every other class in the game can heal on demand…

since when were you unable to score a kill without the need to self heal to do so?
this was never a problem for warriors even when they were at their worst (which most people would say was in phase 2).

the ability to then heal yourself after scoring a kill is a flat bonus which has a tremendous domino effect after the first secured kill, which you arguably should not be enjoying, as healing goes directly against the design philosophy of the warrior class, fundamentally.

having you fulfill a prerequisite before you can actually toss out that heal is the very least that should be demanded of you, because you’re not supposed to just have it “at the ready” like a perpetual maelstromX5 stack combo’d with a healing wave.

even the classes you profess to have on-demand heals are not as capable of doing that as you seem to think, unless they are specced for that, specifically.

good luck trying to heal as a shaman without being resto or having maelstrom stacks built up, its not going to happen if your opponent is worth a spit.