Beta Invite Wave and Burning Crusade Classic Launch Test

On Wednesday, May 12, at 19:00 BST / 20:00 CEST, we’ll open the Dark Portal on a new Beta realm to test the Burning Crusade Classic launch.

We’ll open the new realm “Launch Test” on Tuesday for character copy, and to make sure we test thoroughly, we’ve just sent out one last big wave of Beta invites.

Please join us on your copied character on the Launch Test beta realm on May 12, and head to Outland at 20:00 CEST. We plan to keep that realm open for several hours, with all zones and instances available.

Thank you very much!

10 Likes

keep up the good work

2 Likes

fresh TBC servers please, thank you.

9 Likes

Lol good joke

3 Likes

Ayy now I get one. To stress test. Think ima pass.

1 Like

Don’t come back to complain when the launch is laggy :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It’ll be laggy no matter what they do

4 Likes

Are you expecting this stress test to pave the way for a smooth launch? Lmao.
I know launch will suck, and I’m ready for it.

Who came up with the idea of doing a stress test at 20.00 on what is possibly the most popular day to raid? Good luck with your test. I, and hundreds of other players on my server won’t be there.

2 Likes

Someone tell us if there’s an in-game shop, I want to know so I can decide not to play asap

Come on you peopel are always complaining sure 20 is an hour lot of people do different things but it isn’t too late too, they try to make it right … !

meanwhile mistweavers

Thanks for nothing.

Don’t forget that the servers are in the US. California is UTC-7 (Pacific Daylight Time) so will be 13:00 at Blizzard HQ.

20:00 CEST (Central European Summer Time)
Sooooo close but no cigar for you.

It will be 11.00 in California. That means they are testing while most US players are busy with work/school, a large portion of EU players are busy raiding and a most Asian/Pacific players are sleeping/getting ready for work/school. That sounds like a terrible time to do a stress test to me, but of course if they just give everyone access they might be able to get enough people to replicate an actual high pop server population at launch. It does however fit the low budget approach they seem to have for classic.

California is 8 hours behind the UK.

But remember, people will log in if they get this stress test beta at different times, and it’s not the same realms as the current beta.

Thanks for the invite, been fun.

So it’s on U.S server? EU and NA same server? Because there’s already lag in main city’s

1 Like

You’ve clearly never played on a single launch. :rofl: