Our configuration change to allow same-faction Battlegrounds is now live.

If you’d like to test it with us, please enter the Battleground queue in-game over the next four days, and then after you’ve experienced it, let us know how it went for you in this thread.

UPDATE 2:45 CEST 3 July

We’ve fixed the setting that was allowing same-faction talk across opposing teams.

Thank you!

67 Likes

It’s live on EU. I just had an instant wsg queue pop and we played vs the horde. Much needed change to the game, arguably the best decision Blizzard has made the past 10 years. Ty for saving TBC, at least for me personally.

65 Likes

Cross team communication has no place in battlegrounds. It facilitates win/kill trading. Get rid of it before it is too late.

27 Likes

This is the best change you have done to classic! The queues are soooo much better, exactly what was needed. Keep it! it works great!

28 Likes

Actually worst after 58 boost

31 Likes

Boost was questionable to say the least. But this is a win/win situation for literally everyone involved. If you’re going to complain over racials now that both factions are (temporarily at least) on an equal playing field, my bets are that you’re not as good as you think you are for it to have any affect at all.

Sit back, enjoy your bgs as usual, and stop crying that horde can do that now as well.

28 Likes

This is a great implementation and much needed change. Makes it so that as a horde player I can do something outside of raid logging, which I enjoy.

21 Likes

Thank you, this is the best change to keep the health of the game. Being forced to “farm” honor in the open world killing lvl 62-lvl 70 allies to keep up with honor felt REALLY bad. Now i can just farm bg’s instead of camping allies in the open world.

24 Likes

I feel in all of this discussion, the voice of the players that enjoy the lore or the fantasy is getting lost.

I want to fight the battle that the (game-)world around me fights. With that, I exclusively want to fight the other faction in bgs.

Pandora’s box is opened and will be hard to close again, at least give me a checkmark in the options to opt out of the mask silliness and not being in my base. I don’t mind the extra wait.

Let’s give me the possibility to stay true to the rpg in mmorpg.

20 Likes

Same guild vs guild premades throwing games instantly on stream as we speak. Get rid of this abomination.

27 Likes

This was a much needed change to keep pvp alive. Keep it it works great.

12 Likes

Just ban those who wintrade. Easy and better.

13 Likes

Its like xmas came early. Thank you for this we can finally play!

14 Likes

Horde would have to cry for that, and horde never will, gg

Guess you’re blind, Since I am horde. lmao

1 Like

Well, let me see the wave of complains, i am waiting

Obviously broken system but who cares, right?

Хорошее изменение

I wish this was a joke , cringe af.

28 Likes

Will we who boosted Alliance characters just for the queues get our boost back? You can delete my alliance char now and just boost my shaman to 70 instead. I left my guild core-spot, gave away gold etc beacuse of the switch to alliance JUST for the queues.

11 Likes