Get an Early Look at Hero Talents for Druid, Hunter, Mage, and Priest

Get an Early Look at Hero Talents for Druid, Hunter, Mage, and Priest

Hero Talents are a new evergreen form of character progression that will be introduced with the release of The War Within expansion. In this article, we take a closer look at the philosophies around Hero Talents and the Keeper of the Grove Druid, Dark Ranger Hunter, Frostfire Mage, and Oracle Priest Hero Talents.

View Full Article

2 Likes

Pack leader.

I will accept nothing less.

3 Likes

Did you read Dark Ranger notes? Very interesting and the theme is very fitting. I’m amazed by this information so far.

1 Like

Nope. Because I don’t care.
You have made a pact with dark magic and have embraced hatred and necromancy
That says enough for me. Edgy cringe. Pass.

Pack leader is the only hero talent choice that exists for me. :grin:

4 Likes

Oracle looks interesting, but not sure how the replacement for Power Infusion works. It sounds a lot like Blessing of Summer for Paladins. Personally a simple +haste buff to target and self seems a lot easier to manage, and more impactful to everyone affected.

+physical damage, +magic damage, +healing received - juggling this while healing is not gonna be super fun :sweat_smile:

As for Keeper of the Grove, let’s hope Resto Druids really enjoy treant pet healing. However are Grove Guardians gong to remain an optional talent even if you’re a Keeper of the Grove?

1 Like

I love the frostifre mage talents :slight_smile:
I love frostife bolt adition, super cool and the synergy between all the talents look awsome.

1 Like

I dont like that they make trees mandatory for balance. but i hope it helps dotting the targets with monfire.

for heal it looks like just more healing nothing special

I would definitely prefer the Divine Feathers talent if it gave you the movement speed on cast rather than when another player picks the feather up. It would still give you the movement speed when you need it in case the target player misses the feather, and you could also use it cleverly to give yourself two boosts for a single charge if you placed a feather where you were going and used the first boost to get to it.

1 Like

I feel like it would make more sense for Dark Ranger and Sentinel to be swapped around

1 Like

If you’re going to introduce hero talents that involve renew, maybe make renew actually worth pressing? Because it’s not worth pressing even with a set that bases its proc on renew ticks.

I don’t get why the spell even exists. We’re at almost a million health pools and renew ticks for 6k at item level 487. Why would I ever press it.

Either make renew worth pressing or just redesign the talent so it’s some other spell than renew.

2 Likes

‘’ Hero Talents also retain your combat role and the gear that you use so that you’re not competing for new types of gear. For iconic Warcraft character archetypes, we wanted to be sure that we could deliver on their fantasy with World of Warcraft’s classes.‘’

This better freaking deliver <.< I wanna see some bad as heck class fantasy abilities

2 Likes

no one wants power infusion, because its dumb and you double down on it :dracthyr_lulmao:

3 Likes

I found Dark Ranger quite dull. It’s essentially the Legion MM talent buffed up.
Grovewarden is the same with trees.
Frostfire mage is… fine but doesn’t interest me.
I don’t play Priests and don’t really heal so I didn’t look at that.

On the whole, hero talents are not what I expected and I am not looking forward to them. I’m not dreading them either, mind. I suppose the aesthetic appeal is there but I would have prefered it spread to all your abilities not just your hero ones, that way you can have for example white moonlight for worshippers of Elune, sunlight for worshippers of An’she etc.

I found the post about the patch a bit cringe with the hug and stuff. Like ew get off my pixels. Touchy feely stuff makes me uncomfortable, like the ending of Amirdrassil. Just too much. That’s probably my problem though, not theirs.

The hero talent isn’t related to that all though, it just seems to be a weird system to try and give you class identity that isn’t entirely what people expected and personally I’d rather have more class quests and my class hall back in use.

man i dont want to press black arrow as a BM hunter lmao wth is this??? i dont want more buttons as a bm hunter

Based and shadow pilled

wait is frostfire mage supposed to alternate between casting frost and casting fire?
black mage from ffxiv moment

Exactly this. I’d like people to voice this opinion, if they have it.

I swear the early information (maybe it was speculation) showed that Beast Mastery was connected to Sentinel and Pack Leader. I was excited to try both. Losing Sentinel feels really bad as a Night Elf. I have no interest in any dark themes for my Night Elf, so essentially I’m stuck in Pack Leader.

Survival could easily fit Dark Ranger if you utilize the hand crossbow they have for the various shots/arrows of the Dark Ranger.

3 Likes

I’m waiting for Paladin and Warlock hero stuff to be shown, so I can decide which I’m going to main in TWW.

1 Like

Dark Ranger is a mistake to be added. Survival and Beast Mastery together should have meant a total, flexible control over one’s pets at all ranges and in all situations. Not the Shadow/necromancy hybrid only the Forsaken, actual dark rangers and void elves would enjoy wholly without breaking the immersion.

1 Like