Get an Early Look at Hero Talents for Druid, Hunter, Mage, and Priest

it isn’t mistake from marketing standpoint because absolute majority of players will just go “YOOO DARK RANGER” and will create 64565464747 female blood/void elf hunters named sylavananas or something

1 Like

It says hero talents for priest but shadow doesn’t seem to be mentioned, or did I miss it?

it’s some hero talents, not all of them

1 Like

Thanks … one day we’ll be first on someone’s list :upside_down_face:

You will be able to pick “Chosen of Elune” tree if you don’t like the other one.

Relax and choose "Pack Leader"then.

No feedback threads for EU? Only NA players get to give feedback on these talent trees? Typical.

Oracle is a god-awful idea for so many reasons and it needs to be deleted.

For all the talk about ‘game 1’ and ‘game 2’, being able to tell if YOU are doing a good job, if you’re using your spells well or not, is something we need when playing WoW. I need to know if I’m using buffs well to pull my weight in a progress raid. Restoring mana to people or increased haste are not something we can ever do that with because they change decisions in a way that cannot be tracked short of using an actual time machine to try both options. That is the problem with PI in live and this doubles down on it with yet more buffs that you cannot track.

Worse, this doubles down on the entire problem with Augmentation evoker - controllable buffs like this are only balanced at the top level based on the insane optimisation that top players can and will do. Which leaves everyone else in the dirt. If this is the direction you go with oracle, it will be weak and near unplayable for the vast majority of the community because that’s the only way it can be balanced at the top level. I genuinely find it hard to believe you’ve seen the debacle that augmentation has been in season 3 with the logs being entirely broken, gameplay devolving down to buff-by-buff spreadsheet plans, and decided ‘yes, this looks good, let’s make people do more of that.’ NOBODY WANTS TO HAVE TO PLAN DPS COOLDOWNS OF THEIR ENTIRE RAID ON A SPREADSHEET TO PLAY THEIR SPEC WELL. STOP PUTTING US IN THE POSITION WHERE WE HAVE TO.

And then the capstone - randomly your buff will suddenly multiply by 15 and hit random targets in the process. So much fun. Really enjoyable for your raid’s performance to be significantly decided by a rare proc from a spell that happens once per minute. If you must put RNG into this, make a more common spell have a chance to apply a random buff. At least the frequency would average out rather than it performing significantly differently between pulls of the same boss.

I also can’t see any way that this tree doesn’t leave priest massively weaker than other healers at healing, given there’s practically no healing buffs of significance in this tree.

If you want to stick to the theme, the buffs MUST be trackable in logs at minimum and ideally in game too, they need to be restricted to your party at most and ideally should be restricted to a single person decided before combat, the excessive RNG spike at the last node needs to go, and you need to shift a LOT of the power here into healing.

5 Likes

I have no clue what you just said. But it sounds cringe-worthy. :sweat_smile:

As any self respecting Beast Mastery hunter should. :wolf:

1 Like

For Oracle i definitely like the idea of getting some more option for how I buff allies and not just giving haste. Would love to be able to benefit more from it as a holy priest, maybe magic dmg (insight) also gave healing increase?

Would increasing Premonition duration with Divine Providence increase the mana gained from Brilliance since that is a flat 5% with no duration? Also 5% feels pretty low.

And lastly would I be able to target a specific Premonition with a macro like having a Ctrl or Shift mod to use insight or glory?

It’s just the first look :sweat_smile: it can, and deffinitely will change. Just give it some time and maybe we’ll get the possibility to give feedback to something already released for beta testing :wink:

Blizz where is voidweaver?

I feel actually meme’d on.

Couple of weeks ago I made this:

Let’s try to summarize Frostfire Bolt when taken by a Frost Mage in TWW.

• It will deal a little DoT damage
  • It will slow the target by 50%
  • It sometimes procs Flurry CD reset which also does 50% extra damage when cast
  • Flurry in turn can proc instant Frostfire Bolts
  • If you cast it a lot it stacks a buff making it stronger
  • If you cast other spells that makes it stronger until you cast it
  • It will apply another buff that stacks to 8 granting mastery
  • It will apply another buff that stacks to 8 granting haste
  • It will sometimes proc so it crits for sure
  • It will sometimes spread to three targets
  • It is much more likely to crit if the target is frozen or has Flurry on it
  • When it crits it does extra damage if the target is frozen (flurry doesn’t count for this one)
  • It will sometimes explode around itself for extra damage
    • The explosions will assumably apply to all 3 targets if that procs as well, causing three explosions. Presumably each of these explosion’s can hit each target in the area independently
  • If you cast it enough it causes more flurry procs - this flurry proc will cast ice nova automatically
  • Sometimes it will cast an extra one
    • Will these procs apply to all 3 targets if that procs as well? Or just one? Does it roll them independently? I don’t even know.
  • Maybe I forgot something: EDIT - I did, in S2 the set bonus interacted with Frostbolt. Maybe it’ll happen again in TWW.

And I can have all of that simultaneously!!

Like what are we doing here?
STOP
For crying out loud
STOP!!

I really love the class theme of Oracle in looking forward in time and then making the most of pre-emptive abilities.

I have some ideas to make the Prompt Deliverance / Divine Feathers choice node more thematic:

• Prompt Deliverance could be a Fear Ward-esque dispel where if there is nothing to dispel then purify would create a ward that would prevent the next application of a dispellable debuff. As if the Priest sees into the future that this other player will need dispelling. Some dispels have negative effects when dispelled which may interact badly with this so it might work better as a Spell Reflect that doesn’t bounce back the effect.

• Divine Feathers as a movement option could be more exciting by replacing it with an Oracle themed Door of Shadows from Venthyrs. An Oracle Priest would look into the future and know that actually I need to be on the other side of the room right now and I’m sure every Priest would love that!

• Feathers are always quite difficult and awkward to use, a way to not punish the Priest for not being able to predict the movement of other players, the talent could instead be “Whenever a Angelic Feather is placed, another is placed at the Priest’s feet.” This would effectively give more charges too, but that would encourage the use of feathers to be preemptively placed around the battle space.

Another note about Premonition, I really encourage that whatever implementation this ends up being is one that allows for easy log hooks. This will allow for better information to determine theoretical best targets, also it would allow for better on the fly feedback to the player to tell if their use of Premonition was good or not. (Not to mention allow for better class balance).

2 Likes

Oracle is one of the worst spec design ever. Have any of the devs played priest ever?
Nobody likes PI but this spec just makes it worse. Playing a minigame every 50s just to buff someone is terrible. Forcing healer priests into that gameplay (bc lets be honest, it buffs others so no matter what u will play this) is a terrible idea.
Also the non PI talents on the tree are terrible as well…

Please just rework this talent tree already

4 Likes

Regarding the Priest talents, if you really want feedback here it is:
I’ve been playing holy priest since vanilla, and this absolutely doesn’t give me the “class fantasy” vibes I want to see from a holy priest.
Kindly scrap this, put it back into the oven and give it another cook. These mechanics/spells are not fun, even reading them put me to sleep, and that “reworked” Power infusion is a big NO.

3 Likes

The Dark Ranger one seems intuitive enough, even if I’m not exactly enthusiastic about the option as a life and nature embracing hunter :wink: The other examples seem to add quite a bit of procs, unpredictability, things to track etc tho, and that’ll be on top of what there is of that already.

I think this can be fun if the rest of the gameplay is more clean and straightforward. For some specs that is the case, for others not. To me, for the latter, it seems like a massive headache tbh.

Playing disc and holy since… well always. After the War within i was very hyped that the oracle tree might be the bridge to fix the disadvantages of disc/holy.
Talking mostly about m+ here, but holy lacks defensives and survivability (not on hps, but on “don’t get oneshotted”). While disc strugls with single target healing.

even if its a decently long cd, but something that lets you apreciate the playstile of the other healer. for example:
as holy: After demaging an enemy 50 times, gain “power of the discipline” your next holyword is empowered. Sanctify aplies a 100k shield to everyone hit, Serenety makes the target recive 20% less dmg for 10 secs and Chastise heals up to 5 players for 100k
as disc: after healing
as disc: after apying 30 direct heals (flashheal/Shield/renewal/Powerword Life…) your next 3 Smite gain holy power and become insta-cast holy fire (basicly blaze talent as proc)

or whatever combines the core disc and holy mecanics. but pi is definitly the worst place to start…
noones class fantasy is pi. pi is the “the demage dealer wants it give it there” and it will stay that way because… thats just how wow works even in heroic/m0 dungeons/nhc raids. and for questing/open world … well pi isn’t the primary fantasy there either.

• deal dmg and heal
  • dmg reduction
  • flashy spells (bubble, salvation, apothesis, Ultimate pennance, all the covenant abilities from SL…)
  • very strong buttons on a decent long timer that rely on cdr (the holywords)

if you wanna make a supportspec, don’t do it on dmg increases do it on survival increases, thats what healers core fantasy are!

The more they release examples of hero talents the less I get excited for them. If they continue to add more talents after this system in the further parts of the World Soul Saga things are going to become complex with some potential button bloat.

Very excited to see what they’ll do to warlocks, names are vague theme wise and more or less just references to specs.
Don’t even know what to expect

I have a somewhat similar experience. What I was hoping for was something flavourful and aesthetical, with slight variations on gameplay. Their example of Blademaster would be possible then, you replace certain abilities with similar ones or even nix something and replace it with something different entirely, and shake up a spec’s gameplay that way with just a few abilities. Add to that quite different visuals per hero tree and you’d enlarge the flavour range of a class without necessarily overcomplicating the gameplay itself.

1 Like