Crests in Season 4

Players can now earn up to 120 crests of each type per week in Dragonflight Season 4. This was a maximum of 90 per week in Season 3. The increase will allow for up to 8 upgrades per week, per crest type.

For players who don’t reach their maximum crest earnings in a given week, we’ve implemented the increasing-seasonal-cap system from previous seasons.

Please note that this increase is likely applicable to Season 4 only. We expect the weekly maximum to return to 90 for The War Within Season One.

3 Likes

There is no reason to cap coz season 4 is old content! Uncapped, thanks!

People complain about it and listen to feedback, PLEASE!!!

3 Likes

This is a big L :frowning:

Season 4 should be fun. Panda Remix is around the corner. Let us cook in keys as much as we want at the start and then split our time between S4, Panda remix and alts.

4 Likes

Too lazy to change meta of tanks and dps for a ‘new’ season but time gating it still smh

1 Like

Why trying to timegate a season that you already doomed by launching remix 3 weeks after the start?

4 Likes

I’ve got a serious question. Is this a joke? It sounds like a joke.

Why are you timegating anything in a 4fun season that will end when panda express drops?

1 Like

:smiley: Unfortunate
I have 3 weeks till panda remix to do everything in this season

1 Like

Get bullions, jump to remix :+1:

1 Like

This is devs listening to the feedback :smiley:
no comment …

3 Likes

Just echoing the wish that crests and flightstones were uncapped for this season.

I’m not overly hyped for the MoP Remix, but between some of my friends not playing S4 at all and others being excited for the Remix, I don’t think I’ll have many friends to do M+ with in a few weeks from now.

Are you going to address PVP players at all? What happens with our currencies new and past season? And for crying out loud, what on earth are you going to do about the lack of reward for hitting 1.8.? WE HAVE NOTHING. Our votes for sets didn’t matter, you’ve shoved us with S3 set for everyone.

The amount of a flightstones received needs a big buff.

Flightstones are currently a bottleneck when upgrading compared to crests which doesnt make any sense.

1 Like

If you time 8 x 2-6 and 8 x 7 to cap crests you will have plenty flightstones

I will have less than what i need to spend all those crests.

Flighstones are also used to upgrade new (better) items with a lower ilvl than what you have to that current ilvl.

Hence it makes no sense that flightstones are the bottleneck in this system. Crests should be the bottleneck.

I want to give feedback on this from my experience over the years with upgrade systems during the lifetime of Destiny 1 (a game that has very similiar upgrade/gear systems like WoW).

Side Note: At this point I had a very lengthy post written down but decided to shorten it only on the relevant aspects.

Separate the Crest limits into a “Soft Cap” and “Hard Cap”. Bungie did the same in Destiny 1 with the power progression and it is still used today in Destiny 2.

Now, to be clear for everyone else not familiar with those terms. “Soft/Hard cap” refers to leveling zones on the number scale (in this context) with different time gating and/or difficulty to get.

Soft caps are the range for item level and progression that is easy to achieve.
Hard caps are the range for item level and progression that is hard to achieve.

That means:

• Everything related to leveling and “early endgame” should be in the soft cap. That includes Open World activities, (heroic) dungeons, LFR raids and regular PvP.
  • Everything related to engame in general and pinnacle activities should be in the hard cap. That includes Normal->Heroic->Mythic raiding, Mythic 0+ and Rated PvP.

In context with the Crests that means (due to changes in S4), that the Whelpling crests should be completely uncapped in earning since they serve the sole purpose of being for leveling. Every other crest should have different weekly limits.

I am merely making a placeholder example here so please don’t take those numbers serious. I am also taking the “balancing” from the S4 Dungeon changes as reference for this example:

https://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms/content_entry_media/qp/QPD55AFMNRCG1709861481034.png

• (Soft Cap 1) Crests from Leveling/Normal content → Uncapped
  • (Soft Cap 2) Crests from Heroic content → Capped at 300[Placeholder] a week
  • (Hard Cap 1) Crests from M0-3 and similar content → Capped at 200[Placeholder] a week
  • (Hard Cap 2) Crests from M4-10+ and similar content → Capped at 100[Placeholder] a week

Leveling should be supported without barriers in WoW so people can “get into the endgame content” more easily. Having the Whelplings Crests limited would be a mistake. Meanwhile the endgame should get increasingly more capped to keep players longer motivated while not being too restricted!

I presume I speak behalf many, hopefully. People dislikes to waste currencies such as crests or flightstones. I understand the need to pace item upgrades with caps, however, could that been implemented better way from player experience point of view?

It sounds good if the caps are higher in season 4 because this change at least helps. According to Wowhead datamining there will be similar currency system with caps in The War Within as well.

I wonder, could it work if there will not be a cap how much you can collect different kind of currencies but there could be a weekly cap how much you can spend those? This way players will not waste currencies but you can still pace the use of them. Grinding the same (wasted) currencies later the same season is not fun.

I personally hated how much I wasted crests and flightstones at the beginning of season 3. Sometimes unintentionally and sometimes there was not a place (or reasonable target) to spend those. Later season 3, I would been actually needing those wasted currencies but I had no will to grind those again.

Anyway, I am not sure what could be the best solution but I hope that this point of view could be taken into consideration when thinking future implementations. Thank you.

So I have changed my view a bit on this. I’m not even done doing all M0 dungeons for the week and I am already capped on Drake crests. I haven’t had my raid night yet, either.

I agree with Goragrim that the part that particularly “feels bad” is seeing these surplus currencies go to waste. There is no upside to being at the crest or flightstone cap, it’s a thoroughly negative experience.

The caps on the lower tier crests also seems to limit “casual” players more than the hardcore players. The latter group of players is already farming +8 dungeons for heroic track gear while “the rest of us” can’t upgrade their veteran or champion track gear due to the caps.

3 Likes

Actually this might be happen to many, me as well. There is just enough time to clear all the raids once and get some new gear before MoP Remix starts. This three week sprint means three bullions and spending those on slimey cat mount.

I am more interested about the MoP Remix content than season 4 and I do not have enough time or will to do both. Thus, it might be that I will skip the flightstone/crest grind anyway. Anyhow, I hope this upgrade currency system will be updated during future expansions to not waste currencies.

I have to agree with some comments before, because this is the final season there could be less restrictions anyways. Just let players go bonkers and play the game.

I know this is wrong place for this feedback, but I think that too much is happening in WoW at the moment. Season 4, MoP Remix and Cata Classic overlapping each other which makes me feel overwhelmed. I guess many wants to play at least 2/3…