Season 4 starts and I am already de-motivated to play

eseentialy … yes . this seems to be blizz intention .

strange but hey - you will have dvelves to do in next expansion too besides m0 :0

You mean those undertuned old gear yielding keys have been removed?

2 Likes

Not everyone is a professional on their spec and bis geared from previous season. It’s why this topic is started in the first place. Someone who goes up to +11 or something during a whole season. Their M+ progrression and fun is taken away.

i do feel a bit punished for not maxing out gear upgrades in S3 :stuck_out_tongue:

in couple of weeks it wont matter ofc but atm it does hurt :stuck_out_tongue:

im only glad i upgraded to full cheat death trinket on my tanks - i feel i will be using it long into season if its not on bulion vendor (didnt check ) :0

I am only going to play 1 char this season. Alts are completely dead now.

In other games I keep my currencies all the time and still have enough stuff to do in a season due to other gameplay systems. That’s really no excuse here.

Those gear points are capped behind flightstones and whelpling crests, with the later one BEING CAP GATED again…

Hence I said in the CM post about Crests in S4:

All Blizzard has to do is uncap the Whelplings Crests so people can reach the maximum of the “soft cap” in heroic dungeons and LFR raids easier. Then the entire system just works fine.

But with the Crests being capped, the “gearing up” process is so artificially slowed down that it becomes very demotivating.

The balancing of gear, dungeon difficulty and the gear expectations changed.
Just because people from last season +20 range don’t experience it this season doesn’t make the issue “non-existent”.

Tell that to the people not joining my key and if immediately leaving again for whatever reason.

And if that is Blizzards intention and they don’t uncap the Whelpling crests… I tell you I don’t see myself engaging with endgame content AT ALL in TWW. Especially with the best transmogs for me in the upcoming expansion being tied to Open World activities entirely.

Why even bother when again nothing is in the Raid for me? Why bother when the road to play Mythic+ became so stressful and grindy that I am not even motivated to try?

That’s only going to hurt the numbers for those activities. By discouraging players from playing.

I am doing this since 2 years already. And now I am not even motivated to play 1 main…

Yeah god forbid playing something that is labeled as heroic. I suppose HC is below your standard or something?

1 Like

When was the last time you heard someone say “oh cool, you beat a heroic dungeon”?

yes ? for most players yes it is ?

you know all those stories aboout toxic m+ pushers and raiders making hc unfun ?

well now you will hear them soo much more often ,

Heroic is low scaled, on M0. But without mythic mechanics. I liked it to jump in low keylevels on my new alts, specs and roles. Heroic does not even serve the purpose of learning the dungeon.

I dont feel too good to do +2’s-5’s in previous seasons.

i like hc dungeons on week 1 of expansion .

after then they are completly pointless :slight_smile:

Well, apparently not anymore for many of us S3 low key players.

At 21:00 server time

You do realize that m2-m5 will be joke once you gear up, right?

m2 yields upgradable 496 literally above old BIS

I guess there is a dichotomy between those players who constantly need to be progressing and those that like to have achieved a goal of progression to a certain point. Process focused players vs goal oriented players.

I, like you, am in the latter camp. I like to achieve my gearing process and be done for a good while. I would like gearing to be done a couple of times an expansion. Once when dinged max and maybe again about a year later. Currently it feels like we’re just constantly gearing, or at least doing it every 4 months. But some players like it that way, I wonder how many are in each camp.

It’s hard to practice in heroics though, not all of the mechanics that mythic has are in those

M+2 is M+12 so current M+2 is their end goal of the season.

But I reckon the people that wants to jump directly into +2’s are around 440-465 ilvl, and instead of gearing through HC and then slowly getting into Mythic, they feel their baseline should be M0 (+10 before) and +2 (+11-12 before)…

That is what I mean with the ego… Spend a few days in HC, get geared and it will come. Why rush? What content would be there, if everyone was getting KSM the first week?

Once you have gear and can do M0 you have plenty of room to practice with no timer to rush you and maybe even other players that want to learn whom you can play with going forward too

1 Like

I think the main issue with practicing/learning in M0 is the weekly loot lockout. I feel M0 would be more suitable for that purpose if it had daily loot lockouts instead. This would give more casual players a way to learn and get some decent gear in M0 before tackling M+.

Players who don’t need to practice will do M+ right away anyway and could, if they wanted, just chain low keys for better gear than you get from M0 anyway, and without a loot lockout at all.

I healed a bunch of M0s now and they were easy to heal. I think I’d compare them to something like +8-10 in S3. As always it depends on the group too. I was in BH with a hunter who capped out at below 50k, and a paladin who didn’t do much more - that dragged the whole thing out. In the other runs I had two 250k dps and an aug, and everyone played the mechanics, so little healing was needed.

Tackling low keys later today or tomorrow. Probably tomorrow since I have a raid night today.

1 Like

Exactly, most of my M+ team from 2 minutes ago are around 465 and lemme tell you, Bromack oneshot us almost all the time.

Heroic Dungeons are still too easy. +2 Keys feel like a +16 key from last season now (minus the affixes). The experience is literally a massive brickwall with some broken ladders to climb it.

I am definitely not going to bother with Mythic+ this season. I tried playing it, apparently I am not the target audience anymore. Let’s just hope Delves have more to offer for me…

Edit: And I’m definitely not going to waste my time once a week in a M0 with a zero-to-none chance to even getting something as an upgrade. I rather go play other games instead.