Mythic+ Progression Changes Now Live and More Coming Soon

As part of our ongoing commitment to the tuning of both gameplay and rewards, we’ve made some adjustments today, and we’re working on more coming soon.

Now Live

We’ve heard feedback around challenges in the new Keystone affix and scaling structure, as well as the difficulty some players are facing with making progress. With hotfixes that are now live:

• Runed Crests are now awarded up to Mythic Keystone +7.
  • Gilded Crests are now awarded beginning at Mythic Keystone +8.

Coming later today

Mythic Keystone Affixes

• Increased the duration of the buffs granted by Xal’atath’s Bargain Affixes to 30 seconds (was 20 seconds).
    • Developers’ notes: We’ve been closely monitoring the impact of the bonuses provided by Xal’atath’s Bargain affixes, and we’re increasing their overall power level on players. We will continue to monitor the effectiveness of these buffs as well as the challenges these affixes present.
  • Xal’atath’s Guile now increases enemy health and damage by 10% (was 20%).
    • Developers’ notes: With the increase to the buffs granted to players by Xal’atath’s Bargain we’re reducing the effectiveness of of Xal’atath’s Guile, to allow players to push deeper into the Keystone system with current item levels.

With Scheduled Weekly Maintenance – 16 October

• The Necrotic Wake
    • Zolramus Gatekeeper’s Wrath of Zolramus periodic damage reduced by 25%.
    • Skeletal Monstrosity’s enemy forces contributions increased by 20%.
    • Kyrian Weapons
      • The effects of Bloody Javelins no longer stack.
    • Surgeon Stitchflesh
      • Surgeon Stitchflesh’s health reduced by 20%.
      • Stitchflesh’s Creation’s Festering Rot damage reduced by 30%.
  • The Stonevault
    • Skarmorak
      • Skarmorak’s health reduced by 10%.
      • Skarmorak is now stunned for 4 seconds (was 2 seconds) after Fortified Shell is broken.
      • Skarmorak’s Crystalline Eruption damage reduced by 15%.
    • Void Speaker Eirich
      • Void Speaker Eirich’s health reduced by 10%.
      • Increased the cooldown of Entropic Reckoning.

We’ll confirm for you later today when the Affix hotfixes go live.

18 Likes

This goes some way toward solving the problems, thank you Blizzard!

5 Likes

Great improvements. Can you give us any feedback about the 15s death penalty?

9 Likes

Good, now move myth vault to 9 and it will be perfect

5 Likes

“Hero gear” was pretty much useless unless you’re completing +9. You could only get them to 619 without the gilded crests.

Also, people getting gilded crests were not only getting better crests, but they were also getting MORE crests because of the runed crest cap. The runed crest cap should be increased.

Now, can you give MM hunters ability to do BL without pet, or just delete that lone wolf talent? Or maybe give them another party buff like increased crit? Or maybe make bm not trash in M+ so we have at least one viable spec that has BL?

3 Likes

Happy to see changes for the crests :blush:

Idk , doesn’t seem enough. Seems like we can use spears on other places but 20% hp nerf on the boss might not make the damage loss on that

The 15s death penalty is good for the game. It incentivizes players to think about the game more than just doing more damage, and it lowers the probability, that people end up in too high keys, if they haven’t learnt the dungeon mechanics or their class yet

Very nice surgical fix to smooth out the progression for pug players towards premade content at higher level

2 Likes
  • 15 deaths is not good for the game it bricks keys there should not be bricked after 1 wipe
9 Likes

Not with all the unfair deaths.

If they want a 15 sec death penalty on top of the penalty that’s running back, losing cds etc, they need to fix the bugs that kill you.

7 Likes

Good job. Easier season were more fun then this hardcore stuff you provided this time. I hope some of my guild mates are coming back in S2. Was a bit late

Overall good changes, well done. For once.

Now remove 15 sec penalty on death and we’re good to go.

8 Likes

All good but the 15s penalty really needs to go it only adds toxicity in the game and unnecessary stress.

9 Likes

Finally some good changes, the crests change is long overdue. However this shifts the dead key problem from 8s onto 9s. I would strongly look at bringing Myth vault to +9s to alleviate this. This would provide a good progression curve to portals and >+10, and give rewards at each of the last 3 main key levels (Gilded, Myth Vault, Portals).

The other outlier in Challenger’s Peril which is crushing PUGs I would look at tweaking the penalty to something like 9-10 seconds instead so you’re looking at around 30 seconds for a full wipe instead of 1 minute.

4 Likes

This is great news!

The following changes have just gone live on all realms.

The More coming Soon part, is that referring to the weekly reset or are you cooking up more?

Great Changes,but:
City of threads 3rd and 4th Boss rooms still bugged and adds are getting randomly pulled mid fight.

Remove the +7 affix

Tune down Timewalking, random trash mobs one shotting Tanks is no fun.

And pls give tanks their survivability back, I would rather leave the m+ slot open than try to pug any key

1 Like

Hm, okay then. I was just talking about how I thought the tuning was actually fine, but I guess you disagreed. Coolio. :slight_smile:

Doesn’t bother me in the slightest.

Please get them to look at either moving or removing Peril

Move to keys after 10+

or just remove and go back to 5 sec

or move down to 10 sec

To be fair there was no need for the affix at all with the runs backs and things we have to do.

Not really when through nobodies fault overlaps can happen and make wipes beyond anyone’s control just bad RnG.
If you had played more then just one season in the last 8 years then you would understand how awful impact this has been to the m+ community in a whole.

i guess it does else you would not have posted and just moved on and ignored and to be fair NW needed some tunning badly.