🔵 PvP Tuning Incoming – November 21

Kaivax

We’ve looked at data and feedback from players over the first week of Season 3 PvP and intend to make some adjustments with scheduled weekly maintenance to address a few classes where we’re seeing over- and underperformance.

Player versus Player

• Death Knight
    • Unholy
      • Death Coil damage is now increased by 70% in PvP combat (was 90%).

• Demon Hunter
    • Havoc
      • Inertia damage bonus reduced to 12% (was 18%) in PvP combat.
      • Elysian Decree damage reduced by 20% in PvP combat.
      • The Hunt initial and periodic damage reduced by 30% (was 20%) in PvP combat.
      • Throw Glaive damage reduced by 10% in PvP combat.
      • Essence Break damage bonus reduced to 50% (was 65%) in PvP combat.
      • Fel Barrage damage reduced by 20% in PvP combat.

• Druid
    • Restoration
      • Lifebloom periodic healing decreased by 12% in PvP combat.
      • Grove Guardians Nourish healing decreased by 15% in PvP combat.
      • Grove Guardians’ health decreased by 66%.

• Hunter
    • Marksmanship
      • Rapid Fire damage increased by 20% (was 40%) in PvP combat.
      • Guardians of the Dream 4-piece set now causes your next Rapid Fire to fire 40%
      • additional bolts (was 60%) in PvP combat.
      • Arcane Shot damage increased by 35% (25%) in PvP combat.
      • Chimaera Shot damage increased by 35% (25%) in PvP combat.

• Paladin
    • Holy
      • Mana Regeneration now decreased by 25% (was 55%) in PvP combat.

• Priest
    • Shadow
      • Increased damage of all abilities by 8% in PvP combat.
      • Mind Trauma’s duration reduced to 15 seconds (was 20 seconds).

• Mage
    Blast Wave now snares by 50% for 6 seconds (was 70%) in PvP combat.
    • Arcane

• Chrono Shift now increases movement speed by 25% (was 50%) in PvP combat.
      • Temporal Shield now heals for 60% of damage taken over 4 sec (was 100%) in PvP combat.
    • Fire

• Ignite damage increased by 20% in PvP combat.
      • Fireball damage increased by 30% (was 12%) in PvP combat.
      • Scorch damage increased by 100% (was 45%) in PvP combat.
      • Glass Cannon (PvP talent) now increases the damage of Ignite, Fireball, and Scorch by 40% (was 100%) and decreases maximum health by 15% (was 20%).
    • Frost

• Flurry damage increased by 20% (was 8%) in PvP Combat.
      • Frozen Orb damage increased by 75% (was 30%) in PvP combat.
      • Frost Bomb (PvP talent) damage increased by 80%.
      • Ice Lance damage increased by 35% (was 15%) in PvP combat.
      • Comet Storm damage increased by 40% (was 15%) in PvP combat.
      • Freezing Winds now grants Fingers of Frost every 5 seconds (was 3 seconds) in PvP combat.
      • Frozen Orb damage now has a 5% chance to grant Fingers of Frost (was 10%) in PvP combat.

• Monk
    • Mistweaver
      • Rising Sun Kick damage decreased by 36% (was 20%) in PvP combat.
      • Blackout Kick (Teachings of the Monastery) damage decreased by 25% in PvP combat.
      • Tiger Palm damage decreased by 20% in PvP combat.
      • Ancient Teachings now transfers 275% of damage done (was 220%) in PvP combat.

• Rogue
    • Assassination
      • Kingsbane initial and periodic damage now reduced by 20% (was 11%) in PvP combat.
    • Outlaw
      • Crackshot now causes Between the Eyes to Dispatch the target for 50% (was 75%) of normal damage when used from Stealth.
    • Subtlety
      • Perforated Veins damage bonus reduced to 40% (was 50%) in PvP combat.
        Goremaw’s Bite damage reduced by 10% in PvP combat.

• Shaman
    • Elemental
      • Lightning Bolt now deals 67% increased damage in PvP combat (was 45%).
      • Chain Lightning now deals 15% increased damage in PvP combat.
      • Icefury damage is now increased by 85% in PvP combat.
      • Volcanic Surge now increases the damage of Chain Lightning and Lightning Bolt by 30% (was 50%).
  • Ancient Teachings now transfers 275% of damage done (was 220%) in PvP combat.

Eh?

4 Likes

Warriors - zero balance changes. The perfectly balanced class.

Haters confirmed silenced. Think warrior is OP? Think again haters. Skill issue.

5 Likes

They nerfed damage so buffed healing to compensate. You should probably read the whole thing.

1 Like

I did, but I don’t think FW should be a thing in general in PvP

That could be me being selfish though, because I’m sick of meta FW, and want to play normal MW.

2 Likes

Nothing stopping you from playing normal MW? FW is the best thing they have added to the game for someone that likes to play melee but always had to main healer for friends/guild/arena.

1 Like

I do play it, but I’m sick of the comments of gimping myself for not playing FW which is superior. Buff in line with FW and maybe I won’t mind so much. Although I do agree the nerf to dmg and more healing is a decent change, it’s not enough.

People play caster MW just as competitively. Lontar for example doesn’t play FW and plays caster at a high level. Don’t let people dictate what you play if the class still performs as well. Yeah you don’t contribute damage outside of zen spheres but you never have as mistweaver so what difference does it make now? Caster MW throughput is just as strong as FW its just boring for me to play it when the class hasnt changed since BFA

Are these DH nerfs enough guys? Are we saved?

Does that mean DPS should kill it ?

eh, they are still going to be top damage by a considerable margin. These are nerfs that target modifiers and burst abilities, and they nerf them by small amounts relatively. Nothing for soulscar, nothing for immolation aura - its very likely they’ll go from doing 100k+ dps to 80k+ dps now, which is still like 20-40k more than basically every other spec in the game right now. Their burst will be less though which will mean there’ll be less random 50-0’s because someone got essence break > blade dance and both crit.

1 Like

kinda strange that outlaw was nerfed while arms not, i mean, i’ve seen arms 70% of arenas on rss/ 2s and etc, meanwhile with all of OuTlAw strongest i’ve seen them twice xDD

1 Like

Agree. Warlock is balanced too :ok_hand:t2:

2 Likes

wizard overlords

One step fuhrer to put game into world of priest craft… Situation when you play game for 3 hours and ALL your games are versus Disc priest.

I cant understant who with normal sanity, justice, moral, can go for nerf to any other healer when priest is most played healer class by double or tripple than any other healer, which means priest are overy powerful already, no one can stand its might, but no they decide to nerf others. I get diarhea when I see changes to others healers while priest is not touched.

Dear devs please explain: If priest is participant of majority games played, how is other healer with minority of participation problem? Explain me your logic? Do you want balance your game or you just want one class to enjoy something it not deserve? You alredy ruined seasons with that approach. Whats point of this? you want again RMP to win AWC or something? Do you even know how people hate and disrespect them? because anyone know this setup is not a skill its abuse of wow.

One short tips for devs: Arena class participation percentage shoud be your main guide to nerf or buff something… When people swarm like rats to play one class, its obvious sight that class need to be nerf, and those who are underperforming percentage must be buffed.

1 Like

To be fair. Disc is the most overhyped spec of this patch.

Btw it’s a nerf to Fire and Arcane it’s only Frost being buffed. You will deal less damage even when you play Glass Cannon.

Wow, rogues received a little slap on the wrist :smile:

2 Likes

Demo also untouched. :slight_smile:

How would you change disc? Really curious. I play it myself. It is strong and fun but nothing in my bars feels broken.

I dont do 800k ns heals, my mana regeneration is good but not op. Maybe change 2 PS to 1? Id agree to that.

The changes are good, I was getting annoyed of all the fotm reroller DH-es already and wanted to play my alts.

But, I think Holy priest needs some numbers buff. Currently doesn’t feel like you can effectively keep people alive very well compared to other healer specs.

Also, super hyped to AoE down Rdruid brocollis, it’s about time

And Demo needs nerfs. Big nerfs. Healing is through the roof, literally can’t die to anything