Pvpers, this is it

I agree. I do mainly PVE, but I remember when the system was there as Eyreign describes it. It was alot of fun and you could see how accomplished someone was in Arena and RBG by their titles and gear and mounts.

I hope blizzard listen to the PVP community.

2 Likes

this is a massive problem, though i think maybe effort is the wrong word. it’s more about just actually locking most people out of being competitive in pvp unless they get all their gear from pve due to the disparity in reward.

only a small minority of high rated pvpers get good gear from pvp, the vast majority get something much worse than what they get for completing their weekly mythic+. casual bg players, the overwhelming majority of the rated community and alts all get screwed over by this. yes, you can get mythic-ish gear if you’re high rated, but almost nobody is.

this means that for basically the entire pvp playerbase, the pvp gear they have access to is really bad compared to what they can get for doing some mythic+. so you have 2 choices, either you do the pve to have a chance, or you just get stomped in your crappy gear.

pvp vendors don’t fix this. they address the terrible gearing system in pvp, which is another big problem, but the gear quality disparity remains. unless they were to make it so that you’d get m+ cap gear from bgs or 1600 or something, which they wouldn’t as that causes the same issue but reversed of shoveling pve players into pvp for gear.

it’s very simple to address. make a pvp stat, set bonus, item level scaling or what have you. have pve gear be equivalent to okay pvp gear in pvp so that everyone can dip their toes in if they want to.

1 Like

PvP gear had it’s ilevel reduced in comparison to PvE gear, only the universally applicable stats were taken into account in measuring ilevel

Nope, wpvp was dominated by SoO heroic and mythic gear.

During s14, even my 1/2-upgraded craftable PvE leather belt was better for wpvp than actual highest tier pvp-gear.

Do I remember wrong? No matter. It USED to be a problem, hopefully Blizzard will stand by their decision that it WON’T be a problem AGAIN.

Honestly if they don’t do this, they will push off many players that play for PvP, I play this game for PvP, and PvE is an afterthought for me, I do only easy raids to take a break from PvP, I had the best experience in PvP in this game, that’s why I came back, and I would have left right away after seeing the changes, but since the new expansion coming where I hear there will be PvP vendors, I am hopeful. If not, I will just switch to another game probably. Time will tell.

To those who say that it’s a PvE game, it is mostly PvE game, but PvP is included, if they don’t want PvP players then they can switch to Lord of the Rings model and make only PvE content, and I guarantee you, some people will leave the game for good.

1 Like

Another problem that I don’t see people talking, itemization.
So let’s say there is no pvp Stat, once again we will be going for versatility since it’s the main Stat to reduce damage.
If I’m a windwalker, sure it’s amazing since my main 2 secondaries for damage are versatility and mastery.
Now if I’m a warlock, any of the 3 specs, I’m screwed since for 2/3 specs my best damage secondaries stats are haste+mastery and the 3rd is haste+crit.
This means I won’t get the full benefit while elementals, ww, dh’s will.
This also affects other specs like sp, warriors etc.

If there is a pvp Stat, it smooths all of this.

2 Likes

Here’s some news for ya

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/pvp-medallion-trinkets-in-shadowlands/167556

it is very easy. bring back cata-wod pvp gearing, and it’s fixed.

Devs are just braindead and the ones that came up with the idea of removing pvp vendors, azerite, and forcing pvp players to pve, deserve to be fired and change career.

3 Likes

Lies. Back in WoD Bg’s, arenas and RBG’s were equal/more popular in total than normal and heroic raiding combined, according to the then pvp dev Brian Holinka.

Come legion/bfa that participation fell hard because pvp gear became worthless. Pve gear being required for pvp is not a status quo phenomenon, it is a choice. Further, more people haven’t started to play pvp even when their pve gear is good for it. In fact, the whole opposite happened.

Just here to debunk BS, moving on.

The vast majority of the playerbase DO NOT CURRENTLY TOUCH PVP even after all the incentives Blizzard has given them. If anything, it has alienated a massive group of people who used to enjoy that said content.

9 Likes

Yeah I’m very happy with this.
It reduces the amount of Pve trinkets to 1.
Still need news on a pvp Stat or that might legit be the only pvp item you get from the vendor.
But a good change

Edit:
The pvp Stat is also important cause of this.

• Ranking system in vanilla/classic
  • pvp gear
  • pvp stats
  • pvp resources
  • battlegrounds
  • arenas
  • arena seasons, arena ranking
  • arena tournaments (e-sport)
  • pvp specific zones (Ashran, Tol Barad, …)
  • pvp areas outdoor with objectives since vanilla
    and so on

Looks like they put a lot of efforts in something “not important” :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Yeah…
I didn’t check his profile but he must be new.
Any “older” player recognizes that pvp was always a big part of the game history.
During wotlk and tbc, before titles were removed from 2s in season 6, the pvp scene was as big as the Pve scene.
It actually had more of a spotlight through esl and mlg tournaments.
It started to fade during cata onwards.

Not saying it had as many players playing it, just in terms of spotlight back when xfire was still the biggest streaming platform.

The decline of PvP happened when the culture of the 2010s shifted from giving the best people awards they’ve earned to: “It’s ok that you finished last in the race, Herbert! Here’s your last place trophy! Everyone wins! Even you!”

Basically, Blizzard found PvE to be more enticing to sensitive snowflakes because, in essence, there was no loser. PvE players are happy when they kill their scripted loot piniata and as a big plus the raid boss doesn’t get angry.

In PvP, though, there always needs to be a loser, which the extreme leftists are trying to culturaly shift away. This is the main difference between PvP and PvE.

3 Likes

But we had templates back in legion, so both pve and pvp gear were irrelevant

1 Like

Important update.
Besides the lack of pvp Stat there is a huge concern right now.
The pvp vendors DOESN’T have all combinations of stats.
Now I ask, how are we gearing through pvp alone if our bis stats ain’t avaible?
Or is this a new change in shadowlands and pvers will also have to do pvp to get bis stats?
This is even more concerning than a lack of pvp Stat.
Gear need all secondary stats combinations… Else why adding the vendor in the first place?

Edit:
Common, basic stuff right here.

5 Likes

I want so much to go back to the pvp gearing system we had from TBC all the way through to WoD. God I miss those days, all my pvp mates quit due all the pve us pvpers have been forced to do to gear up. It makes me sad. I only stay because it feels like wow is routine for me, nothing more.

It’s odd that you have 10 times as many upvotes as the US post you’re supporting.

Here’s a link to the US post, for those who would throw him a like:

(You can like US posts even if you can’t post yourself.)

I’m not sure every raid has every stat combination for every item slot either.

If Blizzard were to provide every stat combination for every piece of gear, then that PvP vendor would need around 75 items on offer, and that’s before being extra picky and also offering items with different stat weights, i.e lots of crit and little haste, and lots of haste and little crit.

Don’t be unreasonable now. BiS is the best you’re presented with, not the best you can imagine in theory.
I mean, what’s next. Should we eventually sit here and cry because the boots with 250 crit and 250 haste aren’t optimized and what we really want is boots with 251 crit and 249 haste! And so now we’re being forced to do PvE! Reeeeeee!!

1 Like

I’m a pve player and i wouldn’t care that a pvp only player is stronger than i am in battlegrounds, arena, when i only do that content casually few times a week.

Pve gear should give players an advantage in pve, which it already does, and pvp gear should give players an advantage in pvp which is not the case at all. Right now it’s “do mythic raids or prepare to suck in pvp compared to others who do”. Unless they add pvp only stats to pvp gear, it will never change which is stupid.

Doesn’t have to be. It has to be good for pvp players.

Nonsense. People who put the most effort into one kind of content should be rewarded the most for doing so, not those who do it twice a month because they are bored of other content for 10 minutes.

I hated how i had to do bg’s for blood of the enemy, and that’s still nothing compared to pvp players who are forced to do pve in order to be viable in pvp.

1 Like

Do you remember when a guy with 2k elite gear was pwning you in duels/bgs/arenas when you had equiped only pve gear? Pepperidge farm remembers.
I was ok with that system. I had pve gear, i was taking a lot of dmg in pvp, dealing negative dmg to players. The same way if you had equiped pvp gear in pve, you were dealing negative dmg to mobs. I liked that.

I’m not going to lie, at fist I though that the removal of pvp gear is a great idea. I was going to gear up from doing both types of content, yey. Wrong! PvP gearing is underwhelming compared to pve.
And I though that I was going to have only one set of equipment and that will save space in bags. Wrong aswell! Most of the classes(if not all of them) need different stats in pve and pvp, so they are going to end up with multiple sets anyway.

And there is a large amount of people that do pvp. I had chars for pvp only back in the day. I didn’t run a single raid with those chars, I geared only from bgs and arena and I was happy. Now I can’t do that…

Of course the numbers look good now for pve content, because the pvpers do M+ to get geared, lel. Ion said they didin’t consider reintroducing pvp stats for the moment, I don’t know why.
Let’s hope that is going to change if we give enough feedback and we show them that we truly want that.

And one last thing, I don’t know why people that play only or primarily pve content come to this topic to say we don’t need pvp gear and stats. Man, you don’t even play that type of content, what do you care? Let the playerbase of that content decide!

2 Likes