Pyroclasm build for fire?

Hey, I recently got interested in playing Fire but I just really dislike the way it currently plays, shooting like a machine gun and only really doing damage while in Combustion. Pyroclasm seems cool to me because you get less spell casts but each of these casts (hard casted Pyro) is more meaningful. So if you were to create a Pyroclasm build for Fire, what talents/legendary combination you would use to make the best of it?

Sun King’s Blessing seems very cool with Pyroclasm as it would guarantee us crits for our non-insta Pyros. Pyromaniac talent is pretty interesting for a full Pyroblast build but I’m not sure if Searing Touch wouldn’t be just better and more reliable.

How viable do you think this build could be compared to regular Fire build? I’m planning to use it on another character and was wondering how far I could get with it.

Can’t say I’ve ever tried a Pyroclasm build, but I’d reckon you’d go with the normal talents with the exception of taking Pyroclasm instead. As for a legendary, probably fevered incantation or disciplinary command, as in, the normal stuff. I don’t think there’s much else to it, you’ll just do less damage than the normal build with a little variation.

It’s probably not completely unviable but Kindling is pretty good… two minute combustion is not ideal.

i just wish they take pyroclasm to fire mage spellbook rather than talent option. That would make outside of combustion rotation more engaging

Firestarter talent used to sim best for it as you get crits on the clasms. Sun king would be fun but i’m pretty sure disc command would be stronger. I was hoping clasm and sun king would be meta when they release leggo info.

I also remember you do use clasms inside combust if the cast would finish before combustion ends. And you want crit crit and crit.

Isn’t that a waste of 4 seconds of Combustion since Pyroblast has a very long cast or does Pyroclasm crit totally make up for it? Sun King looks very fun as it would guarantee crits for Pyroclasm from time to time and then we still have few seconds of Combustion to use.

The mage maths genius’s said to use it inside of combust and i’m pretty sure that was before the 9.0 buffs.

Wasn’t that back in Antorus when the combust was both way longer and we also still used the legendary that did more damage than current pyroclasm? Or alternatively in early bfa (pre-mechagon) when we didn’t have enough instants to weave into a full combustion rotation anyways, so you could as well cast these pyros instead of scorching at the end?

Ye, early bfa… fair point. Pyroclasm did get buffed sinced but if your running IC then you probably dont… but do you run IC without kindling?

It’s 240% additional dmg for 3gcds. You miss out on the double mastery, but its like 3.4 pyros in 3gcds. Must be worth it without IC. Saves some fire blasts too.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.