QoL Improvements in Shadowlands

Quality of Life Improvements I’d like to see in Shadowlands

WoW is an amazing and “well-seasoned” aged game. Over the years, through different systems and improvements, many inconsistencies have been created, confusing to returning and new players alike. (And possibly current players two or three expansions later :confused:).

Shadowlands does the first big and important step: Level Squish and that you can choose the expansion you want to level in. I believe that it should not stop there. Max-level content of past expansions is literately lost to the ages, which is a shame considering how much development was put it into it.

-Important to Note- I am not talking about devaluing effort players put into past expansions and taking away their time-intensive, hard-worked grind.
I am talking about a ‘story over grind’ leveling experience-approach, streamlining systems along with some QoL improvements (incl. for alts) – especially for expansions before Batte for Azeroth. For past expansions, many max-level features should be made more relevant and useful to the leveling experience and enrich it. Max-level content of past expansions in not relevant anymore and it does not have to be this way.

Leveling: General

• Flight Master’s Whistle for all expansions (available at Level 15).

Note: Especially relevant before flying, a tool to emphasize the ‘story over grind’ leveling experience-approach. A valuable addition to the Hearthstone.

• Optimize flight paths of past expansions (possibly increasing flight speed).

Note: Especially that weird circling of a flight master for the sake of wasting time. BfA flights are very fluid and amazingly well optimized. I was shocked when I took a flight master in Pandaria the other day and flight time was almost 8 minutes :astonished:.

• Reduce reputation requirement for equipment from past expansions to Friendly and Honored with adjusted prices.

Note: Make faction equipment and useable items (excl. mounts & pets) potentially relevant and useful to the leveling experience. They certainly won’t be of use at max-level.
Who is going to farm reputation to Exalted and pay 500 gold for equipment that is optimistically useful for 3-5 levels?

Leveling: Quests

• Reduce amount of required collect or kill for all leveling quests from past expansions. Make grind quests -irrelevant to the story- less grindy. And turn some of those into a bonus objective when you enter an area.

Note: HUGE emphasis on ‘story over grind’ leveling experience-approach. For two reasons:
(1) It is more fun, every once in a while, to kill 4 creatures instead of 12, and maybe -in return- making these creatures slightly more powerful. an actual threat to dying.
(2) After the third zone, the player has experienced over 100 collect and kill “10+” quests and instead of experiencing the complete story of the expansion (incl. the story added with later patches) they leave for Shadowlands, never to return. To me, it makes more sense to adjust those grind quests, letting players see the whole story that content creators worked so hard to create; adding more value after all these years.
There is no downside: same leveling time, more story, less grindy. These common slow-down gating-mechanism made sense at the time the expansion was current and relevant. That’s not the case anymore!

Leveling: Professions

• Reduce material requirements (excl. mounts & pets) for past expansion.

Note: Make professions potentially relevant for the leveling experience, not for the non-existent max-level. ‘Craft to use’-approach, not craft to max the skill of the profession.

• Add ranks to gathering professions for past expansions.
    In addition, those gathering ranks should be learned automatically.

Note: Make gathering professions less stale and passive. The new rank pop-up is refreshing and creates an exciting moment “what just happened, my skill just became better, perhaps craft something.” An addition to the leveling experience.

QoL-Streamlining: Professions

• Streamline max skill points of crafting professions to 50 for past expansions.
  • Streamline max skill points of gathering professions to 75 for past expansions.

Note: Leveling crafting profession of past expansions is no fun. Max skill points of 50 could allow players to reach max-skill while leveling and make the most use of crafting while it is relevant. Gathering professions are passive and useful for scaling ranks (in the model of Battle for Azeroth).

• Reduce cross profession materials requirement for past expansion.

Note: In the model of Battle for Azeroth, for the most part, simple and straight-forward (except for mounts, pets and few special items): Cloth is for Tailoring, Herbs for Alchemy, etc.
And very few cross profession materials, e.g. elemental type: Expulsom, Blood of Sargeras, etc.

• Streamline gathering professions mechanics for past expansion:
    e.g. remove Smelting for Mining; replace with Mining Techniques ranks

Note: In the model of Battle for Azeroth, some systems were not carried over for a reason, probably because it does not really add any depth to crafting (a.k.a. time-gating).
In the case of Mining, it is a gathering profession; make it one for all expansions. Replace the Bar requirements with Ore.
Above all: It is inconsistent. Why did a crafting profession once need to process Ore into Bars and can now craft those very same items with unprocessed Ore.

• Improve profession material availability for past expansion.

Note: Especially in Vanilla, there are so many types of Cloth, Herbs and, Ore, depending on where one levels, one might never be able to craft anything. In the model of Battle for Azeroth, make different gathering materials available in the same zones.

• Remove useless crafted items from profession for past expansion.

Note: I dislike the word removing, but I do not see another way how e.g. enchantings with item level restrictions should work with the new ‘Level Squish and choose the expansion’-system.
Above all: These arbitrary limitations are confusing to returning and new players (and possibly current players two or three expansions later).

QoL-Streamlining: Quests

• Streamline dailiy quests into world quests for all expansions.

Note: Make player aware they exist without the need of Online Guides.
In addition, they do not take up space in the Quest Log.

• Streamline shared progress among same faction (except for “boss” creatures) for all expansions (Battle for Azeroth model).
  • Streamline turn-in-only quests for all expansions (Battle for Azeroth model).

QoL-Streamlining: Bonus Reputation

• Streamline reputation gain with tabards for all past expansions.

Note: Wearing a faction tabard in Cataclysm allowed the player to earn bonus reputation in a dungeon.
Either remove or add this system for all expansions. Can be a weak bonus for all dungeons and raids. Faction tabards will be available at Revered* to slightly improve the final grind to Exalted for past expansions. (*Friendly for factions without mounts & pets.)
Adds player choice to target what they want to do. In addition, many tabards will be more than cosmetic. Only shirts as purely cosmetic items.
Above all: It is consistent. Like with guild tabard, the player is representing a faction. As such, earning reputation feels logical and natural.

• Streamline 100% bonus reputation unlock for alts for all expansions.

Note: A system introduced and abandoned in Mists of Pandaria to buy a special commendation at Revered to unlock 100% bonus reputation for that faction for the whole account (visible by an :arrow_double_up: on the reputation bar of that faction in the Reputation Tab).
Add this system for all expansions: A catch-up mechanism for alts in addition to being a gold-sink. Available at Exalted instead of Revered. Together with tabards (and contracts for world quests) a good variety system for bonus reputation, consistent over all expansions.

• Remove star button in the Reputation Tab.

Note: A system introduced and abandoned in Mists of Pandaria to select a faction earning bonus reputation for various activities. Preferable is the combo of reputation gain with tabards at Revered and 100% bonus reputation unlock for alts at Exalted.

QoL-Streamlining: General

• Reputation Tab: Fix faction group headers like Alliance Vanguard, The Anglers, and The Tillers. that cannot be turned “inactive”.
  • Rares: Streamline rare creatures appearing on minimap for all expansions.

QoL-Streamlining Improvements: Currency Tab Clean-up

• Streamline one PvE bonus roll currency per expansion and list under Dungeons and Raids (along with Timewarped Badge).
  • Streamline one PvP currency per expansion (if the expansion had a specific PvP currency and more than one specific PvP currency).
  • Streamline one Cooking currency for the current expansion and one combined Cooking currency for previous expansions (or only one like Timewarped Badge; no matter the expansion).
  • Streamline one Battle Pet currency for the current expansion and one combined Battle Pet currency for previous expansions (or only one like Timewarped Badge; no matter the expansion).

Note1: The Currency Tab is messy, confusing, and inconsistent. “Important” currency like PvP and Battle Pet is absent, useless currency stays:

• Cataclysm Mote of Darkness: solely to exchange for gems in a raid.
  • Legion Timeworn Artifact: solely to exchange for a little honor.
    Lingering Soul Fragment: solely for one collect quest (quest item).
    Veiled Argunite: only exists to buy catch-up equipment tokens; remove and add as drops from creatures instead (Battle for Azeroth model).

Note2: Many different PvE bonus roll, PvP, Cooking, and Battle Pet currency is confusing for returning and new players and possibly current players two or three expansions later.

• Pandaria: Lesser Charm of Good Furtune only exists to buy Elder Charm of Good Fortune, Mogu Rune of Fate, and Warforged Seal; remove lesser charm, combine all three into one bonus roll currency and make it available as a gold-sink (Battle for Azeroth model).
  • Cooking Currency: The separation into Epicurean’s Award and Ironpaw Token once made sense; now it is arbitrary, confusing and more likely to discourage players from cooking.

QoL-Improvements: General

• Professions: ‘Bind On Pickup’-ranks should be learned automatically for all professions.
  • Mail System: ‘Total Gold Received’-message in chat after opening all mail.
  • Reputation Tab: Clean up unused factions like Ravenholdt and Zandalar Tribe.
    Move Wintersaber Trainers to the “Classic” reputation group instead of being the only faction in the ominous “Other” reputation group.

QoL-Improvements: Heirlooms

• Upgrade automatically with each new expansion patch (e.g. Level 60) to previous expansion max-level (e.g. Level 50).
  • Option to buy upgrade to current expansion max-level (e.g. Level 60) becomes available in patch x.1, x.1.5 or x.2 (similar to Pathfinder).

Note: Heirlooms is tricky. Should they be removed with the Level Squish or replaced by a different catch-up mechanism?
Either way, the current upgrade system is unnecessarily complicated. One upgrade item surely is enough; possibly for the same gold price as all the current three level upgrade items combined if it is about gold-sink.

• Add a heirloom for each expansion to discover all flight paths of that expansion.
    Move or add ‘flight paths discovery’-heirlooms to the Heirloom Tab (where they belong).
5 Likes

Give everyone Orgrimmar/Stormwind Hearthstone just like we have Dalaran Hearthstone from Legion. Everyone should have easy access to portal room.

Also portal room should have more portals. Horde version dont even have Mulgore (you have to visit Zandalar portal room thro Orgrimmar portal room).

Do we even have portal to Karazhan and other strange places? I have to check it~ :thinking: (Poor Dalaran did not deserve this nerf)

Fairly sure that’s already the case

Will this still be an issue as you’ll spend much more time in the same expansion ?

Meh, don’t really want to grind ranks on older content tbh. Things are fine the way they are for gathering profession, if anything they need additional drops (like meat or elemental resources for skinner ?)

Why tho ? BFA with its 150 lvl is an issue, but most 75 tiers should be better off without being streamlined imo.

Usually a nice source of gold if you play the AH, i’d rather see more of it than none at all (which they dud in SL with the optional regeants).

Yes and No. Faster smelting + being able to craft stuff in batch of 20 or 50 would be greatly appreciated. But getting rid of smelting altogether would be a shame imo, especially as you still have to craft ink for some reason. (apply above changes to calligraphy too, they rly need some help with the inks)

We’ll need more than that as there’s currently nothing you can craft and use in the alpha. Items won’t scale and if you don’t pick vanilla zones you’ll end up with mats for a bunch of items in a range of about 4 levels. (for ex 29 to 33 for wotlk crafts as you level from 10 to 50 in Norfrend)

We’ll need some sort of scaling to fix this mess as no crafted item will either be useful while leveling in their current state.

Why not Both ? Old daily quests hubs shouldn’t imo be removed just for the sake of streamlining WQ. In the first place WQ should be an addition to the leveling experience, not so much for rep but rather for raw XP and gear.

A tabard doesn’t improve rep grinds tho. It’ll streamline the more unique reps (anglers ?) and just make you spam the botanica or a similar dungeon a few times to reach revered on any rep…

Not really an improvement imo.

?

How do you plan to earn it in the first place ? While leveling with 2h queues ?

You should loot the recipe for the xpack skill of the profession if you already have the profession just like in Draenor.

Feels pretty bad to be a skinner and have to wait halfway through the zone questline in the borean tundra as horde players to finally find the trainer altho pretty much every other profession finds theirs in the starting hold and you skinned dozens of mobs before reaching the trainer.

Fairly sure they did that for the upgrades in BFA. Same cost but every upgrade material was upgraded to the next tier.

Imo yeah.

XP buff or shirt/tabard should do the trick. I think there’ll be a shortage of gear as you level through the xpacks as they were designed for 10 levels and not 50, but the stat squish may lower the impact of being undergeared.

Isn’t that already a thing ?

It discovers one flight point per zone and only in Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor.

1 Like

Looks like i was right to waste my gold on it.

It’s a shame tho, BFA flight points are unlocked for 80 gold

You’re right. I checked. Though rather recently, it was introduced this expansion in the Tides of Vengeance Patch 8.1.5.

All Quest rewards from Classic through the Warlords of Draenor expansion now have a chance to upgrade up to Epic quality.

• Item-levels of Rare and Epic quest rewards in Classic through Warlords of Draenor have been increased slightly in some cases.
  • Unique items that drop from rare enemies in Classic through Mists of Pandaria content now also have a chance to upgrade in quality.

Valid point. From my leveling experience in Battle for Azeroth with Blacksmithing and Mining, I would say no. I leveled faster than I found materials. And unless I would have stopped to farm materials, by the time I had the materials to create equipment, the equipment I was able to create at this point, was already useless. This problem will only grow bigger if an expansion is only used to level for a total of maybe 16-24 hours.
People usually do not invest countless hours in professions while leveling, especially from previous expansions. Reducing material requirements potentially combats that making them relevant again and not a dead branch.

Why would you grind ranks? Those ranks are learned automatically while farming for the materials anyway. And as in Battle for Azeroth, Rank 2 and Rank 3 aren’t that big of a bonus. As noted, it is only to enrich the leveling experience of “something happened” which is the whole reason they are redoing the experience for something to happen at every level.
So you would go back to grind ranks 2+3 to be able to get more material, only to stop because you got the ranks and do not need said material?

Only BC, WotLK. and Cataclysm have 75 max skill points. Classic has 300, BfA has 175, and the rest (Mists, Warlords, and Legion) already have 100 max skill points. It is inconsistent for no reason. 100 skill points was the common denominator for me. Streamlining it to 100 or 75 max skill points instead does not make a difference. I think that streamlining goes in line with the new ‘Level Squish and choose the expansion’-system.

Even in games, economy is the reason against quality of life improvements for everyone :sweat_smile: :joy:. This straight-forward system has not destroyed the economy of Battle for Azeroth. It is simple and logical for new, returning, and possible current players while leveling “oh, I’m a Blacksmith, I don’t need cloth or leather to create gear. I can sell it”. “Damn, why did I sell it. I need it now to craft.” I personally enjoyed the Battle for Azeroth model of not having to save every material because they might have an occasional use for a profession to craft a piece of gear that has no common sense of using this material.
As noted, it does not apply to mounts, pets or special items. And cross profession material like elemental items continue to exist.

So you want to complicate a system by adding a new batching feature on top of it instead of removing an in-between step that adds no depths? And instead of removing it, make it faster and batch-able? If you enjoy it and don’t want it removed, why do you want it to be faster? Or could it be an annoyance you want to be over with faster? Why not directly use the Ore to craft the stuff you actually want to create and use?
Skinners do not clean their skin by soaking it in chemicals for hours before leatherworking can use it to craft items. And as noted, it is inconsistent. Why did a crafting profession once need to process Ore into Bars and can now craft those very same items with unprocessed Ore?

Smelting was only one example as I am no expert in every profession. The BfA model should be applied to all professions, not just Mining with Smelting.

What does an old daily quest hub add? (Except for a full and bloated Quest Log and invisibility for those who do not know about it or forgot about it?)

“In the first place” is not how the current system works. World quests is an evolution of daily quests. I am mainly talking about porting them to the current system, not creating new content or a new/different system.

This is where you are wrong. As noted underneath in the original post:

Wearing a faction tabard in Cataclysm allowed the player to earn bonus reputation in a dungeon.
Can be a weak bonus for all dungeons and raids, available for all factions.
Faction tabards will be available at Revered* to slightly improve the final grind to Exalted for past expansions.
(*Friendly for factions without mounts & pets.)
Above all: It is consistent. Like with Guild Tabard, the player is representing a faction. As such, earning reputation feels logical and natural.

Tabards from Cataclysm and Guild Tabards enable bonus reputation gain.
How can you spam to Revered if the Tabard only becomes available at Revered?
Also, I said weak reputation bonus (similar to contracts where you get 10 bonus reputation per world quest). Sure, nothing world changing, but it adds player agency and an option to target something a player wants to do additionally while doing any content: could be 5-10 reputation per boss kill (just a quick example which obviously needs to be adjusted to be as (un)-important as contracts in BfA).
In addition, the Anglers is a badly chosen example, as you need friendship level in addition to regular reputation AND you get 100% bonus reputation once Revered by purchasing a special commendation.
Overall, it adds player agency and a consistent function for Faction Tabards.

Only partly true as it upgrades the base heirloom to keep having three upgrades, not the previous expansion max-level, but that wasn’t the point.

• Upgrade automatically with each new expansion patch (e.g. Level 60) to previous expansion max-level (e.g. Level 50) .
  • Option to buy upgrade to current expansion max-level (e.g. Level 60) becomes available in patch x.1, x.1.5 or x.2 (similiar to Pathfinder) .

Currently, there are three upgrade levels:
Base: 1-90
Level 2: 1-100
Level 3: 1-110
Level 4: 1-120

After the Level Squish:
Base: 1-35
Level 2: 1-40
Level 3: 1-45
Level 4: 1-50

With the current system, it would be ugraded in a later patch to this:
Base: 1-40
Level 2: 1-45
Level 3: 1-50
Level 4: 1-60

The point was to make one upgrade item instead of three and make the one upgrade cost the same as the three combined.

Base (Expansion Patch): 1-50
Upgrade (added in later Patch): 1-60

I doubt players enjoy buying three different items and click the same piece three times with three different items to upgrade it and then some more for other pieces.

give me back quest reputation. i made a classic character a couple of days ago and seeing how i get rep for almost every quest is just so satisfying after all the wq pain. also commendation npcs for materials to gain rep.

3 Likes

In BFA sure, but even with the previous leveling speed (before the +100% buff) I usually gathered a lot of mats, and elementals / rare mats were usually what I lacked to level up a profession.

I’ll have to check on my last alt how much it actually represents but leveling 2 alts with herbalism allowed me to reach 75/75 in alch, enchanting and tailoring were barely an issue with one alt (maybe two for ench as I was throwing boe gear for tmog to the alt)

BS and LW have the bad habit of requiring far too many elemental mats which makes it much harder to properly farm while leveling tho.

BFA and legion need some help tho.

Because I every so often go out to farm some mats and not having the rank system worked out just fine so far. Unless there’s some systematic way to obtain them I’m not too fond of having to once again pray RNGesus to get my upgrade quest item from a node.

Despite farming legion for months I have yet to get all my rank 3s, and I doubt i’m an isolated case. That’s what I’m worrying about with ranks.

Well can’t argue with that. This will partially reply to your next point as well, but to me the economy is all about doing something others don’t want to do and get their gold in return, so inconveniences are fine if it means that both the buyer and the seller are satisfied with the deal.

Expulsom was most likely the most unsatisfying crafting system ever made but it ensured that those who sticked to it could profit from the AH all xpack long.

It’s anything but straightforward… The operation between cheap linen to sell enchants and BOE gear on the AH was anything but fast or satisfying but it was a guaranteed profits

What If I tell you that cloth was the base component of any BFA epic Boe gear for most of the xpack ?

Anyway, imo it shouldn’t be necessary to level up your professions but it adds something unique to some crafts (altho vanilla crafts maybe went too far with it)

See above. I sacrifice my time so that I may profit from it, it’s a trade-off I’m currently satisfied of.

There’s a need for QOL changes in smithing but it also allowed miners to craft rare metals like felsteel and that’s something I appreciate about the profession.

Instead of just gathering you have the option of transforming the mats into another one (not just X ore => X bar but rather like the titanium alloy, felsteel or the enchanted elementium bar). There’s something cool with that concept and I think it would be a shame to get rid of it while a few QOL changes that calligraphy already benefits from are available

Theme, lore and storytelling. At least more than WQs. It’s about all reps which had their rewards multiplied by something like 20 in the past, why not ?

In new content I’d rather have wq than dailies, but I also think that relics of the past expansions like those more unique reputations should be preserved

In BFA pretty much all reps have the same format, share the same kind of rewards (insert npc X with an ugly tabard, a pet, a piece of gear no one was able to ever use by the time they were able to buy it, a few professions recipes and a toy), the same content and the same system.

Whether you like it or not you’ll grind them as you play the game, so there’s not even the option of choosing one in particular you want to farm.

So imo a quest hub for a slightly unique reputation is better than a BFA rep in term of format. As for good daily quest hubs… Iirc the Throne of thunder was viewed as one of the best hub ever designed by a lot of players but I skipped mop altogether so I can’t really tell.

Well, that’s a shame because they would’ve been a great addition to the leveling experience imo.

Indeed misread that part, mb. Smh though it was up to revered instead

Fair enough then.

Thank you for your exhaustive effort dear soldier. If only the people who are hired to do this, would do this kind of extensive thinking. Now, I can help and summarize your post so effective solutions can arrive more quickly. The root of the problem is Ion Hazzikostas and were he to be utterly replaced, by someone like you for example, but also someone with experience and education to be fully qualified to do this kind of job. So yeah, replace Ion Hazzikostas is the most efficient QoL improvement that can be done in the shortest amount of time! Move it Blizzard.

1 Like

Few people do. Atiesh creates a portal to Karazhan for the entire party.

I like some of your ideas. The flightmaster whistle for leveling would be great. For the upgrading of Heirlooms - I’d do it a bit similar to Pathfinder, an achievement to upgrade them. I’d move some of Pathfinder to this new achievement so Pathfinder itself is a little easier / shorter.

My own QoL improvements would be:
1 - Some mechanism to allow me to invite my alts into my guild, I have a irl friend in my guild also but he doesn’t play all the time so I have to wait to get my new alts into my own guild.
2 - I’d make more stuff (especially recipes) sold by faction vendors Account Bound. I’m not grinding rep for a recipe I might never even use (maybe once for transmog).

1 Like

Equipment from professions should be relevant while leveling without farming. I think most people do not farm while level. They pick up materials they notice along the way but they do not get out of their way to farm materials for equipment from professions. Farming is what people do at max-level to create great max-level equipment for competitive reasons (unless it’s crap).

Obviously it shouldn’t be a free for all and nothing. However it needs to be in line with equipment from quest rewards and factions (Friendly/Honored).
Options and choice while leveling.

I agree with you. I do not like the Legion model.
As noted, I wrote “in the model of Battle for Azeroth”. BfA was systematic: skill points were used to define when ranks became available. Legion was random rare drops and impossible.

The problem with gathering professions is that WoW went through several iterations to make skill points mean something.
(1) Skill points were used to define what a player can mine: Players were able to mine Copper at 1 skill point, Tin at x skill points, Silver at y skill points, …
(2) A nuggets system was introduced with Pandaria, I think. Players mined nuggets if they didn’t have the required skill points and 10 nuggets of the same type could be combined to one of that ore. Happy Leveling…
(3) BfA (at least for Mining) uses skill points solely to define when ranks become available. Rank 0 is really bad, rank 1 (bought from trainer) is good, rank 2+3 are only very slight improvements learned through quests.

My quick idea would a hybrid system. Rank 1 as always learned from the trainer. Rank 2+3 will be defined by skill points and chance, e.g. the chance to automatically learn rank 2 (without quests or trainer) starts low (3% chance) at 15 skill points. Higher skill points gradually increase the chance of learning rank 2 up to 45%. Rank 3 starts very low (1%) at 35 skill points (and after rank 2 has been learned). Higher skill points gradually increase the chance of learning rank 3 up to 15%. Or through quests, though I assume that would require more devtime as 2 quests for every type of ore in WoW would be needed and that is just for Mining.

In your case, the inconvenience is 3 seconds other players might not know about because in 15 years so many things were thrown into the pot that it is imposible to see or understand the big picture unless you read guides on the internet. And you want to exploit that lack of knowledge of other players further by asking Blizzard to ease those old systems for those who remember them by making them quicker and batch-able.

How is Felsteel Bar more rare than its materias used to make it?
Smelt Felsteel Bar required:
3x Fel Iron Bar (Smelt Fel Iron Bar required 2x Fel Iron Ore)
2x Eternium Bar (Smelt Eternium Bar required 2x Elementium Ore)

The rare part of Felsteel Bar was Elementium Ore.
Without Smelting, it will stay Elementium Ore.
Without Smelting, the recipe will require 6x Fel Iron Ore and 4x Elementium Ore instead of 1x Felsteel Bar.

Result: New, returning and current players will see (like they are now used to) right away what they can craft and the profession might actually be used while leveling to use crafted equipment for leveling and not just to max-level skill points to get it over with.

I would call it a bad (or uninformed) bluff.
Not one of the 196 Kul Tirans Plans of Blacksmithing need cloth. (https://www.wowhead.com/blacksmithing#kul-tiran-plans)
As far as I can see and tell, they are as straight-forward material-wise as I claim them to be.

In my opinion leveling professions while leveling adds nothing for past content, not while leveling nor at max-level. Leveling professions is gating for max-level content while it is relevant.

I’m confused. Dailies are basically the same as WQs, except for the missing quest giver accept and turn-in (though you get an NPC box with a short quest text which people might actually read more than the quest text of dailies). In addition they take up space in the Quest Log…

Theme, lore and storytelling were the questlines leading up to the unlock of the dailies. After that is was exactly the same with every quests like WQs, except that WQs have more variation and rotation. I remember the Ogri’la quest hub in Burning Crusade, doing the same every day. That was no lore and storytelling.

And I’m not sure what you mean by theme. Theme that instead of entering the area and doing the same task daily/repeatedly, you have to go to one unimportant and forgetable NPC to accept the quest and after completing the task you have to return to that unknown NPC to hand it in?

Preserved from new players and everyone that forgot about them, making the content unnoticeable and lost to the ages? (which is a shame considering how much development was put it into it)
Porting them to the current system would give them visibility. New players or players who weren’t there when it was current or took a break, will never know about the lore and storytelling unless they research guides online. And even that chance is low, because they first have to know that option exist to search for guides on how to unlock and where the quest hubs are.

You mean unique in the way that no more players will ever get to do them. (Besides the 4.300.000 players that already did, or the 3.100.000 players that half-way did them and forget they exist).

And there is apparently the part where you don’t understand economy. Investing devtime into old content, if at all, will always be as minimal as possible. No sane company will do anything more unless it promises a ton of profit: so creating new or different systems for old content is completely out of the question. For this reason, I doubt they will invest any development time into any quality of life improvements.

I’m just a dreamer that hopes that Blizzard sees the benefits in streamlining things to engage players to look at old content without having to read up guides, e.g. on where Lore Quests Hubs are :stuck_out_tongue:
A dreamer that hopes that Blizzard sees the benefit of adjusting grind quests so players also experience the story added in later patches as part of the “choose where you level”-system.

1 Like

I saw absolutely nothing in that huge list of yours that could be called QoL improvements.

Asking for crafting mats to stack in 1000 would be a QoL improvement. Asking for stuff that affects actual gameplay in the way you’re proposing are NOT QoL improvements at all. on fact for some they would be anything but an improvement.

Basically you want to totally trivialise the whole game pre Shadowlands and make what is already a fairly easy game even easier and IMO a lot less interesting and a slap om the face for those that have already put the time and effort into obtaining or achieving a lot of the stuff you mention.

Why you can fly at a very early level already ?

There could be a point made for that, subjectively, depending on how one defines QoL improvements. I explained the intention of the changes at the beginning of the post (and added notes to every proposed change). With that goal in mind, I think they are definitely QoL improvements.

I’d like to see examples for those “some that would be anything but an improvement”.

Trivialize in what way? You are saying the BfA model is a trivialization not worth playing?

I want the 'choose the expansion you want to level in-'system to be equal and fun and make max-lvl content of these expansions potentially relevant to enrich the leveling experience because it will be most likely be irrelevant and lost to the ages at max-level.
e.g. In the past I saw players complain that past expansions do not provide enough equipment upgrades and variety while leveling. How is making equipment made from professions and bought from factions (Friendly/Honored) relevant not a QoL?

What do any of those changes take away from you? Do you want equipment from factions (Exalted) only be for those who grinded the reputation in past expansions when it was relevant?
All changes exclude mounts and pets. And I don’t see how they help make obtaining achievements that much easier (unless they are trivial anyway like complete storyline x). In my opinion, complex, complicated, and out-of-date (needing on online guide to understand) does not equal interesting.

I have had a many enjoyments experiencing the storylines of every expansion. I want people to have that with the new system. People that got late to the game, that skipped expansions and now want to try them. That leveled in BfA with the new system and say: now I’m going to level an alt choosing Pandaria. Instead of experiencing the whole story of the whole expansion, they are going to be slowed down by boring ‘kill and collect’ grind quests to maybe reach the complete story before patches. And they won’t know what they are missing out on. And that is sad.

I’m sorry, I would love to read this but the amount of formatting used makes it kind of difficult and frankly annoying to get through.

1 Like

Totally agree :sweat_smile: :slightly_frowning_face:
For me, the new forum makes it difficult to format large posts by not allowing empty lines and I was insecure how to separate change-suggestions and notes explaining why by adding context.

A QoL improvement is something that aids convenience (increased bank storage, send more items per mail and that sort of stuff) but has no effect on actual gameplay mechanics.

I’m one of those ‘some’, that’s why I said ‘some’

There’s plenty of levelling gear to be got from early expansions, unless you’re lazy, and there’s heirlooms so that particular argument is a total non starter.

What people regard as fun is subjective, You’ve rather arrogantly decided that your version of ‘fun’ is the only opinion that matters. I personally would find your changes boring, making the game trivial to the point where I would find something else to play.

As for my opinions, I’ve spoken to several hundred other MMO players that think the same way as I do so the ‘some’ I’ve previously mentioned runs into a 3 digit number at the very least.

That is your definition :slight_smile:

Does not answer the question :sweat_smile:
Edit: I misread that part. I read “some” as “some suggestions” not “some” as “some people”. My mistake, I apologize. Please ignore.

How did I arrogantly decide? I said in my post that those are changes I would like to see. That is the first sentence of my post.
How is my opinion arrogant and yours not?
You didn’t come here to have a conversation. You came to be right and insult my opinion because you don’t agree with it.

You constantly replay past expansions? Interesting.

Good to know :upside_down_face:

Funny how you define a large post…

That’s what you said in your OP.

That’s THE definition and not some personal made up to suit an argument definition.

If you believe I’ve insulted you then report me by all means.

[quote=“Bagdawg-moonglade, post:18, topic:153779”]

And really, what is this ? Your quote and you then make a mildly demeaning comment on it ?
And why put my name to it, the bit where my alleged quote should appear is empty (mainly because there is no quote).

You accuse me of trying to start an argument and there you are, fraudulently making it look like I said something that was in fact said by yourself to what aim ? Start an argument perhaps ?