Quel’dorei High Elves as an Alliance allied race (Part 1)

Because you are still here so yeaa I am gonna respond it’s very Not polite to do not so.

SL is giving you that!

you’re campaigning for something you’re already getting - can you not understand the frustration?

I am only saying it would be a cool idea from my point of view ofc not that it’s gonna happen.

I am just here to see what I and many people want to see. Idc if it costums for void elves or A new allied race. I am just here to hoping it happens.

But that doesn’t have anything to do with customization.
Choose your words carefully, because otherwise your points are seemingly made inconsistent.

Good luck with that. As far as i’m aware a fair portion of the belf playerbase isn’t exactly chuffed that their model is being shared to the opposite faction in the first place, let alone sharing several customization with them so they can look almost identical.

i think most are okay with it so long as the options are limited on the Velf, the issue is when the alliance players are asking for everything Belf has, plus the unique Velf options because then (rightfully) they’re annoyed that the opposite-faction clone of their race has vastly more customization than the race it’s supposed to be a child of.

So long as people keep their expectations realistic, i don’t see an issue. Issue is many don’t, they do essentially want “Belf on alliance”, ie, a pale elf race called high elves, that can play every class belf can play and look exactly the same.

it’s not hard to see why they’re annoyed and not hard to see how lopsided that would be when the alliance essentially gets “two races in one” due to being able to make velf look exactly the same as belf, in addition to their void theme. The issue is compounded by the helf players then saying “Well we’d be happy for you to have red eyes, there you go, fair trade.” when those two things are nowhere close to the same at all.

The last issue is that this springs from the fact that ultimately, the helf fans want something the horde has, they want access to it in pretty much the same format, but as alliance, not horde. A natural solution would be to offer the horde something similar to the alliance, but the clanger is the horde in general doesn’t really want to play as alliance races. There are a few fringe expressions like “maybe eredar” or “nathanos undead humans” but aside from making little sense, they’re nowhere near as consistently widespread in their expression as high elves are.

You don’t need to be an expert in bartering to understand that an essential clone of a race in exchange for the option to pick red eyes is nowhere near to being a fair trade whatsoever.

So the only real solution is not giving horde a clone, but a different race altogether, like ogres (for example). Now cue everyone on the alliance who doesn’t give a crap about high elves whining because where we get YET ANOTHER human looking race, but even better, IT LOOKS EXACTLY THE SAME AS A RACE WE COULD ALREADY PLAY AS! the horde gets a brand spanking new race. It’s just throwing fuel onto the fire of faction bias.

It’s irrelevant whether a helf fan “cares about faction” or not, because you are part of that faction and you have to understand that your individual wishes cannot always come first if it’s going to annoy that faction, especially if this faction is notorious for their moaning of being continually ignored and given worse trades than horde in the first place.

3 Likes

shadowlands is literally giving void elves and blood elves the ‘high elf’ style customisations

that is a grand compromise

Thats why I am asking for a mix of Human and blood elf hair styles and hell they can even give them a mix of the other alliance races. But the hair colors can be the same if I must be honest.

I’ve seen a few stating Naga as “Naz’dorei” but for the Alliance. (I’ve seen some pretty decent artwork for them, but they are very “Nightborne” in style.)
If High Elves were to come, then obviously that means another Night Elf model for the Horde and the only ones that make sense would be Naga or Satyr.

And I agree with you but we aint there yet the hair styles are just… awfull like the males they look like they have been skinny dipping in a swamp and did not wash their hair for months.

Such is the life of a Void Elf.

The cloned-races should always have less than the core.

Void Elves should never have more than Blood Elves, just like Nightborne should never have more than Night Elves.

The core races need to stand out. Making Void Elves into everything -Blood Elf- is totally alienating the Blood Elf playerbase and we have a say in this argument as well.

I would say Satyr. Naga would be more alliance if I must be honest because they where hightborn and they are part of the alliance. I think they would join their fellow hightborn and night elves.,

Nightborne were once Highborne Night Elves.
So this argument is moot.

Where once Highborne but there are still Highborne in the alliance so I think they will join them. But ofc thats my opinion ofc

Or just no more elves in general tbh. We have enough of various tropes, we don’t need any more flavours of elves and certainly no more arcane elves.

Even now elves make up 20% of the playable race roster. This is twice what any other “racial typing” has. And people want freaking more. I can imagine how a game where you get to pick 15 different varieties of elves is great if you like elves. What about if you’re one of the poor sods who doesn’t and you’re left with 1, maybe 2 types of a race you like to choose from?

Even just a little of “thinking of others” would go massively in these topics.

2 Likes

High Elves, Void Elves and Highborne are all part of the same bloodline, so arguably the Alliance has 3 “Highborne” races.

I mean, if we want to try and play the “Equality” game, then Naga should join the Horde.

Can I get an “amen!” to this

I would disagree with you there. They might have less highborn but they still have the Night elves. And I think they would join the alliance.

Elves are the most requested races in fantasy games soo… I can see why people are asking for more elf races. I my self want a high elf allied race but Costums for void elves can work if they do it right ofc.

I would completely disagree with you, considering how many times Naga caused problems for said Night Elves, but also worked willingly with the Blood Elves and Orcs on Outland.
Plus, Azshara and Sylvanas’ little deal…a little bit of Forsaken and Naga cooperation there.

If the choice came down to allying with either the Blood Elves or Night Elves the Naga would pick the former every single time.

They aint gonna pal around with the peasant caste ya know.