Quel’dorei High Elves as an Alliance allied race (Part 1)

Here is an idea i have been working on for a few days. Credits to Visna for the original idea.

“Thalassian Elves” (or maybe just Elves?) would be a single neutral race similar to Pandaren, but unlike Pandaren they would have faction specific customizations.

Horde Thalassian Elves would be the Blood Elves we all know and love today with the addition of San’layn/Dark Ranger inspired customizations.

Alliance Thalassian Elves would have all the Void Elf stuff we have now (and some more!) but with the addition of some more “wild/nature” (think Night Elf) inspired hairstyles, tattoos, and accessories. They are also a bit bulkier to mirror Night Elf/Nightborne and because i feel it fits the ranger/warrior look better than the “instagram model” look of Blood Elves.

“Thalassian Elves” would have a mix of Blood Elves and Void Elves current racials.

Passive Racials:

• Inner Focus: Your ability casts are not delayed by taking damage.*
  • Fabulous: Reduces the cost of Transmogrification by 50%.
  • Arcane Affinity: Enchanting skill increased by 10.
  • Arcane Resistance: Reduces Arcane damage taken by 1%.

*Includes physical abilities like Hunter’s Aimed Shot.

Active Racials:

• [Horde] Blessing of the Sunwell: Restore 1.5% of your mana, 10 Energy, 10 Rage, 10 Focus, 1 Holy Power, 1 Chi, or 10 Runic Power and increase all damage and healing done by 5% for 10 seconds. 1 Minute Cooldown.

• [Alliance] Unbreaking Resolve: Restore 1.5% of your mana, 10 Energy, 10 Rage, 10 Focus, 1 Holy Power, 1 Chi, or 10 Runic Power and increase all damage and healing done by 5% for 10 seconds. 1 Minute Cooldown.

This racial is a combination of Arcane Torrent and Entropic Embrace but with the AoE dispell component removed, and the duration of the damage/healing bonus nerfed from 12 seconds to 10 seconds since you can now control it. Numbers probably need to be tweaked further.

• Ethereal Connections: Summons an Ethereal that provides Transmogrification services for you and your party/raid. 1 hour Cooldown.

This is just a “fun” racial like Nightborne [Cantrips] or Dark Iron Dwarfs [Mole Machine]. And since Belves have also been dealing with Ethereals (not just Velves) i felt like this could fit, and Velves already had the name.

I would add a section for Classes here but since Blizzard mentioned every race will have access to every class at some point in the future, i am just going to skip it.

10 Likes