Quel’dorei High Elves as an Alliance allied race

Tbh lets just ask what We want to see both factions can decide of you don’t agree with it fine. But just ask for things you want. Srsly this bickering gives me a head ache.

Did you guys actually catch what was told on the subject of High Elves during the interview with Art Director Ely Canon on Wowhead?

I won’t deny the underlined part made me raise an eyebrow.

According to a dev interview Ion gave several months ago, Blood Elves were originally unintended to have blue eyes in Shadowlands, but later on that decision was reversed following team discussions. If the art department was involved, what was the reasoning that led to blue eyes being added for Void Elves and Blood Elves?

This is another place where there was a race, High Elves, in the game which hadn’t really been represented on player characters. Blood Elves were the closest, but had felt green eyes. It was an opportunity where we had a number of elven races, and we could tie it back to their roots, letting players choose where they want to align and what fantasy to play out. We did have a lot of discussion about it, ultimately we might do more in the future, but for now we’re providing the option to have a few High Elf customizations available.

Original link:
https://it.wowhead.com/news=316803/shadowlands-zones-covenant-armor-and-character-customization-interview-with-art-

2 Likes

might do more in future = highelves playable?

Your guess is as good as mine.

There MAY be further developments concerning the high elves… nobody can say if, when or which… but that’s still very different than saying ‘now that the customization was made available as blue eyes for blood elves and void elves the chapter is definitely closed’.

I think Moontear fits the bill of a team blue fanatic in some of her posts. And I think it’s only decent that we who are on that same team call her out on it, to show that it doesn’t represent us.

This is a really important point in favour of adding full high elf customisation options for Alliance players, and thus adding all the proper hair colours and options to not have void tendrils. That, together with one black void elf hair displayed in the original announcement post that isn’t currently available for void elf, makes me believe there’s some real hope.

1 Like

To be fair it is very rare for Blizzard to ever say something will never happen.
Even their hardest of hard nos tend to end with “anything thing is possible in the future”

1 Like

One of their great failures really.

[quote=“Telana-argent-dawn, post:1808, topic:153125”]
Give an example of one.

Are you kidding me?

One of the biggest culprits is in this thread!

I mean naming and shaming is a flaggable offence, happily the use of synonyms is not.

So shall we say someone who has a ‘Revenger’, or ‘one who dispenses violent justice’ as their character name.

They actually fit the unpleasant views bit as well, they have an extremely insulting attitude towards others and have made several severely derogatory comments about women. I’m amazed they’re still allowed here.

Oddly, as we recently saw on several topics about ‘famous’ people’s misdemeanours, I have to say that whilst both sides have their utter travesties of humanity, the people with the more conservative and right wing leaning views tended to more often than not post from Alliance avatars.

However ultimately the colour of someone’s avatar is a 100% nonsense way of defining their personality, as it means nothing, and you can change it here with the drop of a hat. (I actually think I have more Alliance 120’s than Horde ones, come to think of it…).

Careful there champ, you’re sliding too close to self parody, and that bias might smack you in the bottom…

Actually, yeah, we can add you to the list as well as said aforementioned Human Male Paladin Poster. Making comments like that are the standard hallmark of someone with an unhealthy dislike of one faction or the other, given that they are simply unknown quantities. We don’t -know- the average age demographic of Wow Players even, let alone whether the Age Demographic varies (Highly unlikely) between Factions, yet it is a ‘go to’ insult to bash the other Faction by people with a rather overzealous approach to the one they favour.

Also, we’re on the same Server, so don’t you try telling me that Alliance side is more mature than Horde, because I play both factions, and that whiffs of something from a male cows bottom, both are as bad as each other.

I wouldn’t get your hopes up -quite- that far yet.

By might do more in the future I think they probably mean giving the full range of hairstyles and colouration that Blood Elves have, to Void Elves, so that people can look more like High Elves.

This said, you can look like a High Elf already, Not all High Elves are blonde, I mean look at Rommath, up until they renamed themselves as Blood Elves he was a High Elf and he has dark hair. Do you really think a curmudgeonly old elf like him would be bothered about frivolous things like dying his hair?

(In before in Shadowlands we learn that he does dye his hair, and gets a fast Hawkstrider and a Trophy girlfriend/boyfriend as some sort of midlife crisis thing :laughing: )

I think they more meant new options to customise your Void Elf to look more ‘High Elfy’ to be honest, which would be groovy.

We know there is likely more to come, as they’ve not really outlined -many- of the Allied Race customisation options yet.

Very true, as we recently saw with Ion. “Blue eyes for Blood Elves make no sense and will never happen!”

Creative team does an Aethas and shifts awkwardly

well not really, i am more into nightelves mostly and elves overall i would love to play elven faction.

I am ok with players who like to play void elves, but also would be nice if real highelves become playable.

That is how it would work for most of us. Noone ever asked void elves.

50% 120 lvl characters in horde are blood elves. That says a lot?

2 Likes

It’s even more if you count all levels

i would say 70% are blood elves on horde. That’s why they cry that everywhere they go they are alone surrounded by massive elven player groups. :smiley:

1 Like

So we’re posting made up stats now to bolster our arguments?

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind playing a drow :slight_smile:

Real high elves would probably have the exact same racial as the Blood elves.

Void elves with the new customization coming are the nearest thing to High elves (just with extra void Taste) you can think of it like the Alleria situation but without blonde hair.

You can also get exalted with the Silvercovenant If you want the tabard, Mount, and other stuff. (Do it with a core race first, then race change it to a Void elf) when you get the tabard unlocked. cause allied races can’t do some of the quests in Northrend. I recommend a Human cause they got 10% extra rep.

In the end playable High elves by itself will probably never happen. All you can do now is play a Void elf. It’s the closest thing (minus the hair colors).

That’s what I’m doing as a High elf fan, and I’m 100% happy.

And to further prove my point, here is how my hunter will look in Shadowlands.

https://youtu.be/bFlP1--k-y0

1 Like

Then you’re playing the wrong game. Children of Lolth don’t exist in the Warcraft universe.

to be fair half the WoW lore has a DnD equivalent :smiley:

They belong to Horde deal with it finally. Leave our roots on this side.

I read it as saying they’re open to allowing the player to represent their heritage properly (afaik maybe nametags like “High Elf” for example) as opposed to adding an entirely new race to the game.

So i’d say it’s probably a sign they’ve been looking at player feedback on stuff like subrace naming, and they may work towards stuff like that in future, so having “many races in one” achieved through tags and customisation.

Not a distinct high elf race on their own. I mean at this point, with the options velf have (and likely will get for hair) there would be absolutely no difference between a velf and helf in appearence so adding helf as a new race would be almost entirely pointless. You can acheive exactly the same outcome by simply letting players select their racial nametag and perhaps allowing them some flex in racial templates that reflect that as well. As a bonus you’ll make a lot of other people happy as well (forest troll fans, sand troll fans, wildhammer fans) in doing so, rather than just making high elf fans happy and then having the others question why they’re stuck to being called a generic troll when to be fair they look more different than a jungle troll than a helf does to velf.

4 Likes