Quel'dorei High Elves as an Alliance allied race

Perhaps, something similar to 7th Legion armor could also work. There are many High Elves there, after all. Winged helms/masks and gold+blue color theme would fit them well.

2 Likes

Didn’t you guys see the Quel’dorei High Elves armor already? I think it was put in the 8.1 patch. On the Horde side though, since that’s where the High Elves are.

No they’re not troll. They’re called The blood elves look at the race creation screen option you’ll see they’re the blood elves not the High elves or can you not read?

2 Likes

I apologize for my utmost humble objection, but even the game’s director said that as a fact. High Elves have been horde since TBC, just under a different name.

He referenced the similarities between these two races but as far as I remember he did not said that they are the same.

Anyway even Ion mentioned High elves as sub-race in the past, that might have been playable.

3 Likes

Do not bump posts

The act of posting simply to bump a thread is considered spamming. This also includes bumping very old threads for no reason (called ‘necro bumping’ or ‘necroing’).

Quoted from

1 Like

You’re confusing “Thalassian” with “High Elf”. Even the Grand Magistrix Elisande knew the difference.

3 Likes

I even reported that but apparently mods don’t give a ****. Those people will keep reviving this by spewing the same things they’ve been spewing for the past 6k replies. “oh look guys nobody has replied to our garbage post in 4 days it’s gonna die for good we gotta do something! let’s ask how the heritage armor is gonna look for the 50th time in the same thread to keep it going and make it seem like we’re actually having a constructive conversation!11one1” very nice moderation on the forums btw

I actually like that they keep the discussion in one big tidy thread. I just don’t see that it needs to be bumped for no reason. The people who are interested in High Elves are perfectly capable of keeping the discussion going.

1 Like

doing what they’re doing to keep the discussion going is basically spam the only reason this monstrosity has 6k replies is because they keep repeating the same things over and over I swear I’ve seen the discussion about how the armor is gonna look at least 3 times by now and I don’t even open this thing very often OH WELL at least it’s all in one post so that’s good

So you would rather see 30 “different” threads about High elves everyday?

Yes it is repetitive, but many topics are, this one is at least contained in single thread, so just ignore this one thread and it is OK for good, right?

4 Likes

No ion’s a fool he favors the horde yet he don’t even know the lore The silvermoon was once High elves but now they’ve been renamed Sin’dorei blood elves within memory of their fallen brethren and sisters go play Warcraft 3 and you’ll see.

Citation needed.

I’m fairly certain he does.

They are still biologically High Elves. They just -call- themselves Blood Elves. There is no physical difference, nor (yet) any Cultural one. Actually no, there is one change. The Blood Elves have the ability to take sustenance from creatures, the High Elves don’t, as they refused to learn. That doesn’t make you a different species. I have a dear friend who is Vegan, whereas I love a good steak. We’re both the same -species-. Lets try this again. All Blood Elves are High Elves, however not All High Elves, call themselves Blood Elves. Wanting to play the ones who still call themselves High Elves is fine, however Ion is absolutely correct, the Blood Elves -are- High Elves, they are the dominant 90% of the Species.

1 Like

Then if they think they’re High elves then why don’t they rename themselves to High elves again then?

Because they chose to rename themselves to remember their fallen. Its that simple. They gave themselves a different name. I could call myself a Frenchman, it wouldn’t change the fact that I am English. That’s all the difference there is. A name.

4 Likes

To me The Silver covernent’s The real High elves.

They aren’t the only ones that call themselves High Elves though, there are the Elves at Quel’danil, there -were- the ones at Quel’Lithien, There are the High Elves who lived in Theramore, in Stormwind. None of those are Silver Covenant, yet all still call themselves High Elves.

2 Likes

The biggest differences between those two groups are their choices, be it name, allegiance, methods of surpassing their Mana-thirst etc.

There is some physical alteration between them, but it is questionable how significant that is.

3 Likes

Well the none blood elves are the real High elves to me.

Being the ones who still call themselves high elves, whereas the high elves who call themselves blood elves don’t, in fact, call themselves high elves, this is fairly obvious. That’s why many have started calling the groups collectively “Thalassian” elves. Thalassian elves have split into blood elves and high elves, who are both still the same race, but different groups. Some blood elves became void elves, and are counted among the Thalassian elves. So, two of the Thalassian groups of elves - blood elves and void elves, are currently playable, while the third group (or first, or second, depending on how you count), called high elves, are not yet playable.

2 Likes