Quel'dorei High Elves as an Alliance allied race

Well they could maybe have a passive Abilitys generations and be The Alliance’s counterpart to the blood elves to the sin’dorei. Like for Paladins whenever you use Crusader strike you’d generate an extra Holy power but to ballance it if needed be it could share the same cooldown as the arcane tourment does.

1 Like

Fair enough Schlowman, I can see your point regarding too many elf races, though perhaps in time,when more races/allied races get added it will balances the too many elves reason out :smiley: though I’m glad to hear you wouldn’t complain if they were added!

1 Like

Bump up for this thread m8

1 Like

How do you mean by bumping?

What would you prefer High Elven racial armor to look like? I think that something that would remind of Silver Covenant guards could be fine but blue-gold-and-white recolor of Blood Elven racial armor could work as well, especially considering how they are two sides of the same nation that prefer to show their allegiance by wearing armor of respective faction colors.

I am not sure about recoloured version of BE racial armour since it is heavily based on Spellbreaker from Warcraft III (as well as new armour of the Silvermoon Guardians) and they were unique to Blood elves, there are no High elven NPCs that would even slightly look like them or have similar purpose because of their choices.

On the other hand there are some armours, which members of SC wear as you’ve mentioned and they can work just fine :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well im warcraft 2 fan so a ranger type of heritage armor. As many has suggested in the past high elf threads. Or a ranger/mage type of armor, But like the Blood elf heritage armor it should have a robed version and unrobed version. But still under the banner of the Silver Covenant. I got hyped in wrath seeing these silver covenant High elves there, when blizzard previously said they were extinct and was rare to see in azeroth.

Mounts I would like to see updated version of the unicorn mount and the white hippogryphon. And I like the story the silver covenant has and Vereesa Windrunner. Its a shame that Blizzard have forgotten they even exist.

Im only playing a void elf since its the closest thing we have atm to a High elf in the alliance, but it wouldn’t hurt for more customizations for all allied races. And as I said before if high elves becomes playable I would race change in an instant. as well as my mage.

5 Likes

Perhaps, something similar to 7th Legion armor could also work. There are many High Elves there, after all. Winged helms/masks and gold+blue color theme would fit them well.

2 Likes

Didn’t you guys see the Quel’dorei High Elves armor already? I think it was put in the 8.1 patch. On the Horde side though, since that’s where the High Elves are.

No they’re not troll. They’re called The blood elves look at the race creation screen option you’ll see they’re the blood elves not the High elves or can you not read?

2 Likes

I apologize for my utmost humble objection, but even the game’s director said that as a fact. High Elves have been horde since TBC, just under a different name.

He referenced the similarities between these two races but as far as I remember he did not said that they are the same.

Anyway even Ion mentioned High elves as sub-race in the past, that might have been playable.

3 Likes

Do not bump posts

The act of posting simply to bump a thread is considered spamming. This also includes bumping very old threads for no reason (called ‘necro bumping’ or ‘necroing’).

Quoted from

1 Like

You’re confusing “Thalassian” with “High Elf”. Even the Grand Magistrix Elisande knew the difference.

3 Likes

I even reported that but apparently mods don’t give a ****. Those people will keep reviving this by spewing the same things they’ve been spewing for the past 6k replies. “oh look guys nobody has replied to our garbage post in 4 days it’s gonna die for good we gotta do something! let’s ask how the heritage armor is gonna look for the 50th time in the same thread to keep it going and make it seem like we’re actually having a constructive conversation!11one1” very nice moderation on the forums btw

I actually like that they keep the discussion in one big tidy thread. I just don’t see that it needs to be bumped for no reason. The people who are interested in High Elves are perfectly capable of keeping the discussion going.

1 Like

doing what they’re doing to keep the discussion going is basically spam the only reason this monstrosity has 6k replies is because they keep repeating the same things over and over I swear I’ve seen the discussion about how the armor is gonna look at least 3 times by now and I don’t even open this thing very often OH WELL at least it’s all in one post so that’s good

So you would rather see 30 “different” threads about High elves everyday?

Yes it is repetitive, but many topics are, this one is at least contained in single thread, so just ignore this one thread and it is OK for good, right?

4 Likes

No ion’s a fool he favors the horde yet he don’t even know the lore The silvermoon was once High elves but now they’ve been renamed Sin’dorei blood elves within memory of their fallen brethren and sisters go play Warcraft 3 and you’ll see.

Citation needed.

I’m fairly certain he does.

They are still biologically High Elves. They just -call- themselves Blood Elves. There is no physical difference, nor (yet) any Cultural one. Actually no, there is one change. The Blood Elves have the ability to take sustenance from creatures, the High Elves don’t, as they refused to learn. That doesn’t make you a different species. I have a dear friend who is Vegan, whereas I love a good steak. We’re both the same -species-. Lets try this again. All Blood Elves are High Elves, however not All High Elves, call themselves Blood Elves. Wanting to play the ones who still call themselves High Elves is fine, however Ion is absolutely correct, the Blood Elves -are- High Elves, they are the dominant 90% of the Species.

1 Like