Quest: Ember Court: Maldraxxus Army [Spoilers]

Why is this nutjob Emeni not in the Maw? or locked up in Revendreth.

I know they are or were the faithless. Not quite sure with Sethraliss being reincarnated now and Korthek dead.
…But, the whole quest where you go on a mass murder rampage seems kind of contrary to what the Venthyr teach against, you know things like mercy and atonement. All just so you can have her provide one of security options at the Ember Court scenario.
Pretty sure you kill a bunch of rather young Sethrak too in the process to boot.

Killing individual targets of interest is one thing but, indiscriminately on mass like that just seems jarring. You don’t even get an alternative option, you just have to go along with this psychopath on her murder spree.

I am not sure what is the in-game justification of the stuff, but those questions were briefly mentioned in the in-game books:

1. https://wow.gamepedia.com/On_Bone_and_Stone
  2. https://wow.gamepedia.com/The_Malice_of_Maldraxxus

Both are parts of the Maldraxxus campaign iirc.

gl hf

1 Like

Well at least those books provide some context of the denizens from and outside source, Venthyr no less.
I guess Maldraxxus isn’t that different from the Maw in some respects.
Just a different type of hellscape.

There’s a lot of grey area and overlap between the covenants then if individuals like that don’t immediately end up where you’d think they would be. Based on their past and presently ongoing behaviour.

Thanks for posting those.

1 Like

As I understand it, Revendreth only gets those souls that fit nowhere else. The realm of last chance. And I actually don’t think any souls are supposed to be sorted into the Maw at all without going through Revendreth.

Seems like Emeni, the Slaughter Daughter, had the qualities the Primus’ realm was looking for, and not enough of the qualities that prevented her from fitting there, and thus she didn’t have to go to Revendreth to beg for a last chance. Instead her proclivity for slaughter was to be used as a weapon. I guess cruelty and wanton aggression aren’t as much of a problem for Maldraxxus as the arrogance of a Kael or a Garrosh that would prevent them from being directed.

Nope, they are part of a quest from the scholarly Stitchyard-construct “The Professor”. And both texts are perspectives on the same event. But close enough.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.