Quest progress reset after faction change

I recently swapped faction on my mage Zonie-Draenor from horde to alliance, and after having done that the progress on my dinar quest, ‘‘Crossing Fate’’ reset. This is a fairly important quest for character progression right now as it allows you to purchase a raid item of your choice upon completion.

If I recall correctly, you are actually WARNED that quests might reset during a faction change, and you should complete any active quests before faction changing for that reason.

But I guess everyone just spams the “OK” button, rather than read what its trying to tell you.

And what Trovlak said.

So I guess I’m just gonna be a week behind. Guess it’s my own fault for not doing research for this?

well i done a faction change, and my quest is logging 10/30 instead 20/30…so if its capable logging this week progress, why it cant last do week as well?

Any “back-track” data in quest progress, after the log was wiped as necessary for a factionchange to progress, would have to be considered an unexpected bonus - there is no way to guarantee it, and it is in fact highly unlikely to occur.