Quest tracking not working

Hello

Quest tracking does not work for me, I have quests showing on the map, but I dont get any text on quest mobs, when hovering over with mouse cursor. I have tried to disable all addons and reload UI

Hi Moobones,

If your quest tracking isn’t working for mouseover tooltips you can re-activate that using our guide here.

That should help you sort this :slight_smile:

Hi. and what if that didn’t work either ?

Try a full UI reset by deleting the WTF and INterface folders.

Thanks for suggestion, that didn’t help either :frowning:

Hi Moobones! So this will be some kind of setting getting stuck. Just to make sure, you have no Addons installed or active right now? Because I would always recommend as Dottie mentioned a full reset by deleting your WTF, Cache and Interface folders to clear out any cobwebs!

You said this was done already, so now that you’re back to basics so to speak you should try two other things :).

1. In the Interface menu click on the “Defaults” option in the bottom left, you will then get a warning, and click on “All Settings”. This should reset everything to defaults and hopefully the mouseover tooltips will work again!

2. Should that fail, try this command:
    /console cvar_default
    Once that is run, try to activate it again with the previous command:
    /console showQuestTrackingTooltips 1

3 Likes

/console showQuestTrackingTooltips 1
This one helped

8 Likes

Closing this thread due to age and the recent reopen, I’m happy you found the fix for your issue Asdfgs :slight_smile: