Question about CVars in WoW

Hello,

I’ve been using Plater for a long time, but I decided to try out the other ones out of curiosity - BetterBlizzPlates and ThreatPlates.

When I got back to Plater, everything looked strange. I noticed the other 2 addons had messed up the CVars, and although I had deleted them, Plater was affected.

Can you tell me what I need to do normally in such as situation? Are CVars stored server or client side? Can I delete WTF?

Deleting your WTF folder will reset your game settings and any data saved by addons and often fixes issues. It’s proablly better to just rename the folder to WTFOLD. That way it will still reset but you have the option to restore everything if need be.

Some settings such as your keybinds, Default UI action bar layout and macros are saved server side and won’t be reset by deleting the folder.

1 Like

Thank you!

Deleting/renaming your WTF folder has no effect on your CVars, they’re stored server-side.

To rest them all to default use
/console cvar_default

https://warcraft.wiki.gg/wiki/Console_variables#Resetting_CVars

You can also use AdvancedInterfaceOptions’ CVar Browser to review them and change them individually back to default or some other value.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.