Question about Elves height

Disregarding gameplay because proportions are way off, are all Elves (Night Elves, Blood Elves etc) generally taller than Humans?

Sylvanas is MUCH taller than Nathanos in that official art about Burning of Teldrassil for example (while she didn’t even stand completely).

Of course they are taller.

Humans are of average height of irl humans.

Elves are very tall tbh, I THINK (not 100%) night elves are between 7-8 ft tall for example.

Elves are typically taller in most fantasy games/stories.

1 Like

You sure it wasn’t just perspective? helves are the same size as humans if not physically more frail.

Kaldorei males are average about 2.13meters.

I always assumed male High/Blood/Void Elves tobe slightly taller then Human males, with the average female Elf being taller then female Humans but smaller then Human males.

Nightborne should be akin to Night Elves, I suppose…!

Lol I’m sure that they’re taller than that

Afaik have the High Elves the same tall as humans. Just look ingame.

rgh I would post a link but I can’t.

No. Night Elves are taller than humans, High Elves and Blood Elves are about the same height as humans, and are shown as such in the manual that came with TBC.

Models in game are not always the best way of gauging this when it comes to NPC’s, or Jaina is at least a freakish 10ft tall at times, as is Varian, or alternatively if we want to go really old school, at times Jaina is a staggering 30 feet tall, the size of a house.

So no. High Elves, Blood Elves and Void Elves all have a similar height to humans, Nightborne and Night Elves are slightly taller, or by slightly, probably about a foot, to a foot and a half, no more.

4 Likes

Nathanos is a manlet. Just listen to anything he says, you just know.

5 Likes

Quite so.

Oftentimes, certain characters and NPCs are made larger, either to make them more noticeable in events or make them easier to target in raid.

Take a note for instance about how most race mobs and bosses; even those based off the existing playable races; are CONSIDERABLY larger than normal, sometimes even 10ft or more.

I’d put Night Elves at a foot or two taller than humans on average. Of course, there’d be exceptions to this, with shorter Night Elves, or taller humans.

1 Like

According wow Wopedia, the heights of the playable models after Legions are

Blood/high/void elf: 5’10" ~178 cm for female and 6’2" ~188 cm for male
Night elf/ nightborne: 6’10" ~208 cm for female and 7’2" ~218 cm for male
Human: 5’9" ~175 cm for female and 6’0" ~183 cm for male

I think they seem quite accurate even to human height irl (edit: it’s a little taller in game than irl) and as stated, the elves except night/nightborne are just slightly taller than humans

4 Likes

If you’re shorter than two meters as a night elf or nightborne elf you’re not a real elf.

1 Like

You’re a real Elf if you have long waggling ears :wink:

1 Like

Goblins :thinking:

1 Like

Ok, they also should look pretty, at least the womans somehow.

I am not an elf.

2 Likes

Neither am I!

1 Like

And since we’re both ridiculously beautiful, their statement makes no sense :wink:

1 Like

Because you doesn’t have long ears!

I have horn like you though :heart: