Question about MoP remix

A friend of mine, who hasn’t played WoW since WoD is concidering resubbing for MoP remix. He has no interest in actually playing retail neither before or after the event, and thus no interest in buying DF or pre-ordering WWI.
My question is, can my friend play MoP remix all the way to 70 and participate in endgame activities such as raids during the event, or will he stop leveling at 60 due to the lack of DF expansion?

MoP is a Retail event, but Trial accounts can participate to level 20.

It wouldn’t be a trial account if he pays for sub though

Sub gets you to 60, you need DF for 70. Though with TWW on preorder now unsure if a sub gets you to 70 now.

Sub still goes to 60, i was just wondering if MoP remix was a exception, with it being a time limited event. Sub will increase to 70 when WWI goes live, so one could make the asumption that players without DF could play to 70 during the event, and just have their character locked untill they either buy DF or WWI goes live. But i dont know, and cant find any specifics about it, thats why im asking.

No harm just playing with the sub first and seeing from there once they hit 60 since he’d be playing it anyway. :stuck_out_tongue:

You dont need DF or TWW pre order to fully play MoP: Remix just a sub. No level 60 restriction or anything like that.

No expansion purchase is needed, but a World of Warcraft Subscription or Game Time is required to begin this fast-paced adventure through Pandaria. This means that Classic players can also participate in a plethora of pandamonium by simply installing the modern (live) World of Warcraft client.

2 Likes

Well it just kinda sucks for both of us, if i have to leave him behind at 60, if thats the case, im pretty sure he’d rather not play at all.

Thanks! I hope this is correct. I just find it abit suspicious they use the word “participate” Technically you would still have participated, if you can only reach level 60. I hope thats not the case, but knowing blizzard, they have a tendency to decieve with clever choise of words.